"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

yeah, I didn't see anything with her at the hospital except that part where she met Grissom in the hall after he had the chat with Greg.

Nope, she didn't visit Greg in the hospital (on screen). And I think what you read about Sara holding Greg's hand in the hospital was a spoiler, and I have learned that no spoiler is ever 100% accurate. They're always subject to change.

Just quickly saying that I adored this episode (but I still cannot bring myself to watch the scene where Greg gets beaten. It's just too heartbreaking for me. :() and I pretty much agree on most of the posts here.

Greg is my new CSI hero (sorry Nick...) :)

Yeah that's probably what it was. I have to stop reading spoilers lol. I know his beating was so hard to watch.

A few of the spoilers were a little off, like Sara holding his hand in the hospital instead she was out at the scene.

But one more thing about the age thing, may be it's because I'm not a man, and maybe they think differently once they hit a certain age, but I'm pretty much the same age as Greg-and maybe it's because I'm a woman but I would really worry about my mother's reaction to me getting beat like that.

But still, if you add in how protective she must have been of him, seeing she was probably only able to have one child when she wanted four, I can see why he was worried she would freak, and need I mention probably nag him to either quit, go back to the lab or move back home. And if he's that close to her, he knows what is coming if she were to find out.

But, if he said what Grissom said, then the freaking out may be a little subdued, but I bet there would still be worry on her part.

Either way, Eric rocked that scene, it was a touching one and a great glimpse into his background, he had talked about his grandparents and his father before, but never his mother..so that little bit of info was good to know.

I was wondering if the spoiler-dropper confused her processing the earlier vic at the hospital with the Greg stuff.

hmm I missed the part about his mom wanting four kids and getting one. Where was that?

When he was talking to Grissom and saying he never played sports, not by choice.

He said his mother had wanted four kids but only got one, that she had kept him close, if he got a nosebleed she'd take him to the ER.

Ok, well I think that anyone would still be really worried about that, but you have to take into perspective how over-protective this women is! I mean, hello! That changes things. If she is as bad as she sounded, then of course she is going to freak. And Greg has gone his whole life like this. Thats what he was raised with. His whole life has been been in a plastic bubble (or that is what is implied). And you can't really expect anyone to mature really fast that way. Personally, I think Greg is REALLY far along considering how he was raised. Part of growing up is falling down and skinning your knees, busting a lip, breaking some bones and apparently, Greg wasn't allowd to experience that much if any at all.

I totally think his reaction is not only in character, but it makes sense when you think about his past.

Oh, and did anyone else notice that Brass didn't call Greg a "good man"? More proof that the spoilers are always a little or way off.. :rolleyes:

That's true I wondered about that as well. Hopefully they'll show more about his family back ground. I thought it was weird how he said "She ended up with one" I figured if she had one to start with he would say "She had only one" but the way he put it sounded like he was saying he had siblings but they died some how. That would also explain why she's so protective over him.

I was thinking she had a hard time having children, so I can totally understand the protectiveness, and the freaking out, really, who wouldn't freak out, no matter how many kids they had or how old they were, if they found out they were beaten like that by a bunch of no good punks who thought it was all just a joke and fun, Greg's statement made complete and total sense.

I really was hoping they would come for a visit though, them and some of the friends he's always talking about.

Poor Greg, in that hospital all alone, you all know that character is so sensitive, he's got to be thinking about what happened with that guy that died. And sorry if this offends, but I really don't feel bad for that guy at all, after what he did and was doing at the time, nope I don't feel bad at all.

I feel bad for Greg, yes, he's got to be beating himself up emotionally over that, but the guy that died, nope.

I don't feel bad for that guy either, if he was running at me with a rock the size of someone's head I would've run him over too. I mean he couldn't do anything else, it was either hit him or get hit by the rock and possibly killed by it. When he hit the guy I was like "Oh!!! Go Greg!!" When the trial episode comes up I think that all the CSI's will ban together to help him.

I wonder if that meant that Greg's mom could get pregnant anymore, or if she lost some children.

I doubt that tptb will ever delve that far back into Greg's past anymore. It's up to us to insert whatever scenario we can imagine.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love it if they did explore more of Greg's past. It would be the icing on the cake, but since the writers haven't really done that for the other characters (except Catherine, who gets nearly all of the backstories), I can't imagine that they would for Greg. More's the pity.

I'm guessing that Greg's mom may have suffered some miscarriages, but got lucky when she was able to carry Greg to full-term.

Back