"Fannysmackin" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they busted out the back window. Its just that I knew a car was going to hit his car at some point so I assumed it was then, but it clearly wasnt.

Yeah, all those parts hurt.. but there is one part that like rreally got me. And it didn't get me until recently. Now, I make music vids, and I made on for this and its really sad. And it could just be the combonation of the music, but the part where he gets pulled out through the window and you see his feet like.. moving around. I guess trying to find something to hold onto. That part just makes me sad. And that part is put to a very moving part of the song.. so it makes it worse.

But what I want to know is if Eric did most or all of those stunts because it looked like him most of the time. And whoever it was, they were getting thrown around pretty bad. Like the part after he is up against the wall and is thrown down. That person hits the ground hard and it looked like Eric, but I don't know if they would allow him to do that..

But, it looked like him the entire time. I just would like to know if he did those stunts.. hmm

I loved this episode!! (thought i would say it again..)

I hope that next yr when the DVD comes out we get some commentary or behind the scenes stuff on this episode. Maybe we will know then, I wondered that myself.

Yeah, thats what I'm hoping as well. I would be really awesome if there was going to be an interview with him or even some of the writers and they would discuss it, but it nothing else, there is always the DVD. They might even have this epi as one of the commentary ones of which I love so.. fingers crossed.

We should send something to the CBS website and if they have any behind-the-scenes stuff they could put it on innertube!! Haha HIGHLY doubt that, but one could hope.. :D

The part that got me is when they slammed him against the wall. The look on his face just makes you cry. More than likely it was probably him doing everything, he probably had padding on in which case the kicking and punching wouldn't really hurt at all. They do that in a lot of movies. Also most of the time it's not even really them kicking him, the people kicking would just pretend to kick and hit him and the sound is added later. Example: I had to do an acting class and a girl I was doing the scene with was supposed to slap me across the face in a fight,there are ways to make it seem real even though they are no where near you. It sucks having taken film classes and acting, it just ruins everything LOL.

Yeah, stage combat. Yeah I know its him during a lot of the time when he is on the ground being kicked and hit, it was pretty much just the being pulled out of the window and then like I said when they throw him to the ground because you can tell that its a hard fall. But yeah, padding sounds resonable.. Yeah.

I'm really surprized there hasn't been an interview. I'd like to know if he did his own stunts too. It'd be cool if he did. Now im definatly buying season 7 on dvd, because im sure they will do a commentary on it. I hope Eric is it. It's his episode. :D

Toots said:
I have a feeling that we're going to see or hear more about Greg's parents in the future. And what was Grissom thinking when he asked Greg, a 30-year-old man, if he had told his parents about what happened? That's kind of Greg's decision to make seeing as how he's 30.

I believe Eric is 31 years old. Is it confirmed that Greg Sanders is also 31?

I guess I could rationalize this and answer my own question.

Greg received a B.S. in college I would assume. By the time he got out of school, he would be 21 or 22? Assuming he got the lab tech job soon after, add about 6 years (six complete seasons, not including the start of the current season) and he would be about 27.

Eh, so not too far from 30, but maybe still young enough to exclaim, "My mom is going to freak."

I guess my point is, Grissom asking about Greg's parents was more about concern and probably not about coddling. It's recognized that Greg is an adult, but he's the "baby" of the bunch as well. I thought that scene solidfied the great relationship the two men have with one another.

Kara06 said:
The whole thing about him being pulled through the window, there was probably two guys there at the car because in the next scene after they pull him out, you see two guys holding his arms and dragging him away from the car and over to the wall. The thing makes me shutter is to think that they had just broken out the glass, wouldn't he get cut up on the glass as he was being dragged out?? Maybe that's what happened to his arms? Another thing, did anyone notice when the car hit him from behind, did anyone see something fly through the back window?? Everytime I watch it I always see something come through the window as it shatters.

That's exactly what I commented on last evening, but unfortunately my post was lost because I took too long to write it (thanks for the explanation, Destiny).

When the glass on the driver's side of the Denali was shattered, there must have been shards left in the window, and when Greg was pulled out of the window, he must have sustained some cuts from the violent way he was pulled out. I know he was wearing his vest and a shirt, but I agree that he may have got his arms cut up when he was yanked out.

Someone commented on another board that it was very odd that Greg's hospital room coincidentally just happened to be right next to the room where the guy he hit with the Denali was laying. I agree. That guy should have been in an ICU located on another floor. I guess the writers wanted us to see Greg's face when he knew that the guy had died.

I believe Eric is 31 years old. Is it confirmed that Greg Sanders is also 31?

Wow, I was a whole year off! Doesn't really matter. My point was that he is in his early 30's, and while I agree that it was a very poignant moment with Greg worried about what his mother would think, and also a wonderful, sort of bonding moment between Greg and Grissom, I still think it was a tad unusual for Grissom to question Greg about telling his parents. I might change my mind after viewing it a few more times, but for now I thought it was a little different.

All this doesn't take away from the fact that this was a brilliant episode, possibly the best ever (for me).

Honestly, I think that anyone would think their mother would freak if that happened to them, then add in what he said about her being a little overprotective, I wouldn't be surprised if she did freak. No matter what his age, he would still worry about how she would react though.

And the glass from the driver's side window, I'm thinking that vest really did help him, I think it padded a lot of the kicks-still shuddering over that trying to crawl away and being kicked part--as well. (and I've never been so happy they have those vests either)

No matter how many times I watch it, it's still so painful to see, oh GREG!! He's a hero, he really is.

I have been watching it all weekend. Needless to say, by eyes have been red all weekend, both from the sadness of seeing Greg hurt, and from being so proud of him!!

Greg, My one and Only Hero!!!!

Heh, hi everyone. Long time no post. :)

So..."Fannysmackin'". One of the best CSI epis IMHO. The title really threw me off, it just sounded really corny and immature to me, but the promos looked good so I tried to give it an unbiased chance.

So glad I did! Eric/Greg was awesome in this episode, even though all the "ZOMG CSIs in DAAAAANGEEEER!!1!!1!" epis seem like TPTB thought there wasn't enough drama among the regular cast. But I digress. The parts that really got to me were when Greg was talking about his mom, when he met Stanley, and when he saw Demitrius (sp?) die and his mother crying over him. Being a parent, that really got to me (I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it). The locker room scene was nice, but it seemed very "The moral of this story is...!"

Great acting all around for the cast. Sophia's growing on me, especially after watching her cock that shotgun. Brass' little wiggle made me smile. Angry!Nick was a major turn-on (sorry, it had to be said!), him hitting Pig was even better. The Sara/Greg part at the scene was very well-done and very convincing.

The only real gripe I have about the epi is the whole time lapse thing from nighttime (when Greg and Stanley's beatings happened) to day (when the scene is being processed). Like many others before me have said, on the radio the dispatcher told Greg backup would be there in 5 minutes. It's hard for me to think about the victims laying on that hard, wet concrete for hours. :(

Back