Everyone's age?

Hmmm...I'm 16. I can't really say anything exciting is going on at this age for me though. At least...not until college apps. I shudder.

Hmmm...I'm 16. I can't really say anything exciting is going on at this age for me though. At least...not until college apps. I shudder.
Heh.. I can't remember being 16... wait! I skipped that age.. I hated becoming 16, so I stayed 15 for two years and then went on to 17. I don't know, something about the regular behaviour of Dutch 16-year-olds just freaked me out!

I agree with wibble here. The idea of getting old doesn't scare me at all. On an episode of Penn and Teller's Bullshit, they cited statistics about people in their sixties who said that the best decade of their lives was...their sixties. I hate the idea of being young and ignorant - I love reading jokes like "Ahhhh, there's the rub" in magazine articles about massages and getting them. The idea of becoming older and wiser makes me happy.

One of my favorites quotes about age comes from a Shirley Manson (lead singer of the band Garbage, for you philistines ;)) in an interview in the October 2001 edition of Rolling Stone magazine:

I'm thirty-five. I turned thirty-five yesterday. . . . It was weird, because a lot of people have been saying to me, "Oooh, you can't be happy about it." And I was like,"You know what? I am happy about it." I went off on this rant about why are people so ashamed of getting older, and this is a triumph for me - I made it to thirty-five. And literally, about ten minutes after my rant, we got news of Aaliyah's airplane crash. It was like, I fucking rest my case. It was a very poignant piece of news to receive on what people considered to be a so-called difficult birthday for me.

Should I mention that I'm an incorrigible optimist?

i feel like i should be responsible or something...

BWAHAHAHAHA! Responsible? Pfft! :rolleyes: I'm eighteen and I don't feel a day older than fourteen. Hmmm, maybe fifteen. I've never been more irresponsible in my life, either. I blame school.

I'm 25 and I love it! I'm enjoying every year that I live, since I almost died at the age of 16. So; life for me is a gift I love and enjoy! Love birthdays and fun in general. So, people; you are NOT too young or too old, age is relative. I have friends from all ages, I like them because of their qualities, not because of how many years they already live on this planet ;)

Sad? I was at a dance recently (right after I had turned eighteen) when a middle-schooler came up to me and started talking to me. When she asked me how old I was, I told her, and she said, "Really? You look like you're fourteen."

I'm 15 and I'm turning 16 in June. I don't know how old I look. My family told me in my cousin's wedding that when I dress up and do my hair and make-up (like I'd done that day) I look like 20. I don't believe them, though. There's no way I can look like I'm 20! Maybe 18, but not 20.. o__o

I'm thirteen.. But my folks say that I'm acting like a fifteen year old.. lol.. I think I really am because my friends are acting a lot younger than me so.. :p Yeah Right.. Who am I fooling?? lol.. :p Sorry for my bad English.. will you all forgive me?? this is my first year I get English so.. I think this is rather good for myself.. :p

Back