Everyone's age?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Guest, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

1985.2.24.I'm 20 now.But people always ask me whether I'm 15 or 16.
    I'm a chinese!Maybe I can make some friends here.

2. Macayla

Macayla Captain

Next month I'm turning 20

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Man. I see these kids posting that they were born in 1985... I'd already been in 4 car accidents by then!

I'm old --comparively. I remember Preseident Ford leaving, and Jimmy Carter (that dolt) taking office. I remember popcorn cooked on a stovetop, black and white TV, the advent of cable. I owned records --vinyl, dig (and I say "dig," you dig?)-- and 8-track tapes (I had several Led Zeppelin 8-tracks). I remember when the format shifted from them to Cassettes, then to CD. I remember Betamax, and the first time I watched a rented movie (ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES! --no, I'm not kidding). I remember when John Bonham died. Ditto for John Lennon, Randy Rhodes, and Cliff Burton. I remember manual typewriters --my first one was an Olivetti. Heh. I remember when you would liekly be shot for driving a Japanese car. I remember McDonald's introducing their apple pie (it was a quarter, if memory serves). I remember Black Sabbath breaking up and Ozzy going solo. I bought Pink Floyd: THE WALL when it came out. I remember "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL." I remember Goose Gossage pitching relief for the Yankees. Bucky Dent at SS, Greg Nettles at 3rd, Bob Watson at first, and Reggie Jackson as the DH. I remember being able to smoke in movie theatres and airplanes. And the mall, for that matter. Hell, we had a smoking section in high school, and I graduated before some of you were born.

I'm 34.

4. Talie

Talie Witness

I'm 26, but I figure that I work with little kids, so mentally, I'm probably a lot younger :lol:

5. SweetDarling

SweetDarling Rookie

!! I just read the first page of this thread and OMG I have the same birthday as one of our moderators, DaWacko. As in same day, month, YEAR, and WE ARE TURNING 21 THIS SATURDAY [Jan7]!! Happy early birthday, DaWacko!! :D

I'm Chinese, so like Angelc, I look pretty young. I can even pass for 13 if I wanted to...

6. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

*laughs* I know isnt that said and here they all are saying THEY feel OLD I'm like dont talk to me about OLD
    SHOOT I remember when Madonna was still NEW and her music was Cool

7. Guest

Guest Guest

hi~SweetDarling,glad to meet chinese here.

8. cathwarfan

cathwarfan Lab Technician

i'm 18, and turning 19 in October. :)

9. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

GeoffChaos, ALL those things happened the year I was born? Wow... and all I know is Bowling For Soup's 1985 song. :lol:

And it wasn't even released then! :p

10. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Vegela
    :lol: :lol:... wish I could tell you why I'm laughing, you just crack me up, enough said.

csi_fan18
    Me, too :D except I'm exactly 5 days older than you :D

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm old enough to remember when the Clash rocked.

12. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

It's exciting, isn't it? :D
    BIG YAY!

13. Guest

Guest Guest

No, they all did not happen in '85... just things that somone born in 1985 wouldn't remember, you dig?

And The Clash rocked the casbah (great-now that's going to be stuck in my head)!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm 27. For a couple more months anyway.

15. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Yup. My mind's a blank. :confused: Except for the 'cooking popcorn on the stove' thinggie. I'm still doing that! :lol: