Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Seems like Walter has taken over Natalia's role. Very bad move! How can TPTB think that replacing a beautiful intelligent woman with a solid history on the show with dorky out-of-place boyish Walter (sorry, nothing against the actor) is going to attract new fans?

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't mind Walter, I actually really enjoy the character & what he brings to the show. It's very frustrating because while I can't stand the bloating cast, I do enjoy the newbies. If only they could be in the background...I would be far more content.

I don't know if there's an easy solution here. TPTB seem to have painted themselves in a corner once again ....they brought in replacements for a void that was never a complete void to begin with, & soon will not be a void at all (referring to Delko). What the hell do they plan to do?! They couldn't balance things with the old cast, what makes them think they can do it with 2 more additions!

I fear the worst for Natalia's future. Considering her storyline, there's no telling what TPTB will pull out of thier hats - it's very possible her condition could wind up demoting her, or worse, end her career all together. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that neither is in the plans, however, I don't put anything past TPTB anymore. I have the terrible impression they don't have any mapped-out future plans for anyone; they're simply 'winging' each season.

I can say our Natalia will be in 8.20, saw some 'on-set' photos, they are fabulous.
    Will bring them by if anyone wants.

^^ETA: I've posted the link to those pics in the spoiler lab.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I am just majorly ticked off at how she is being treated after she has been on for 5 years and patiently waiting at the sidelines and now she seems to be relegated. And what Theresa said is quite true. Imo, Walter is only good as a recurring character and should be in the background. While I can accept new faces, I just don't like that they seem to take precedence and how so much importance are being placed on them at the expense of others, esp those who never had enough screen time to begin with. Also I didn't think there was a void in the first place, there will be one only if Delko had left for good. But no such thing happened.

I can say this is very true. I don't know what to think anymore, it has been terribly disappointing thus far and incredibly frustrating. Not only we've to worry about her appearances, her storyline too. :brickwall: I do really fear what tptb are going to do with her storyline, with her condition.

On a happier note, glad to see our Natalia in those spoiler pics.

So she appears in this 'ghost' episode. I had wish if she were to go MIA, this one would be it because I rather not see ghost.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  4. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I don't think TPTB are trustworthy. They do have a tendency to just abandon stories and leave things unfinished, so I hope they don't do this with Natalia's hearing problem. I was surprised when they incorporated Nick into this problem, which is a step in the right direction. I just hope they keep up with her story.
    Seeing Natalia in the promo pictures is a very good thing, because at least we know she won't be playing the disappearing act in that episode. ;) Hopefully she will be in more than 3 consecutive episodes in the upcoming season/for the rest of this season. I really hate not seeing her in the episodes. :angryrazz:

5. shiningsobright

shiningsobright Victim

Hey all. Newbie here. I've noticed a lot of people saying Natalia really hasn't been in a lot of eps this season. I really haven't watched since the beginning of s7 so... Anyway, I'm a huge Natalia fan. I just got done watching the ep where she finds out her hearing was damaged. (I'm trying to catch up) Love ELR. I was a fan when she was on All My Children. (Yes, I actually watched soaps. Was obsessed actually, but we're not gonna go there) BUt the acting in Die By the Sword was absolutely amazing. Hopefully theydon't drop the storyline. Well, anyway, just dropping by to say hi. Hopefully Natalia gets some good scenes in the next episode.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Welcome Star_Gazer & ShiningSoBright - glad to have you both here! More Natalia-love is always good. And yes, we're all hoping the storyline doesn't fade.

I don't think there will be room for a centric Nat episode before the finale. :( According to spoilerish statements, we'll have more Kyle/Horatio "leading up to the finale" -- I imagine that will most definitly get an entire episode, so maybe 8.22?
    Then there's the guy who killed Jesse's wife who is supposed to appear at least 2 more times....my guess is the Jesse showdown will center the finale, & it's possible 8.23 & 8.24 will roll together if that's the case. Then, there's always the case-centric filler episode thrown in between somewhere; 8.21? Then add in Delko-drama deciding what to do about his job...
    So :rolleyes: unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be enough time left for the remainder of this season. Hopefully though, it will sneak in somewhere...preferably at the end of the finale so it will roll into next season. :p

7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Hi to the newbies and welcome! Just glad to have everyone here and all your views.

Seeing Natalia in any promo at least give me a sense of assurance because she rarely appears in promo/trailers. She is like a rare treasure, appreciate her while you can because you don't get to see much of her.;)

I really want Natalia to have an episode of her own. MJ, there is also still Delko's spying job on the lab. Where are they going to give us a Nat-centric episode now? Unless they incorporate it together with some other plot but that won't be centric on her anymore. In the past, we at least still get a Nat-centric episode like Miami Confidential, no such thing so far this season.

8. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Thank you for all of the welcomes!!!
    Natalia definitely deserves an episode of her own. It has been far to long since we last had one. If we do have one, I think it should involve her family or something so we can at least learn a little more about her. That would be an episode I would enjoy watching. :thumbsup:

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

'Miami Confidental' was a great episode. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as centric as I'd liked it to be. It's been a really long time since we've had one that's really personal & revolves around her....'Internal Affairs' was the last one I believe....way too long ago!

I agree I'd like to know more about her family as well. First I'd like to see this issue involving her hearing/the abuse settled though.
    For some reason I'd really like to meet Christine, or maybe Nat's Mom or Dad....if she even has them. Who knows?
    I'd also like to see get more info on her background, where she's from, her schooling, if she wed out of college, etc. Those are little things that TPTB could throw in during random episodes -- doesn't have to be centric at all. They lack greatly in that department.

Hmmm....there's just so much I'd love to know about her. I'm pretty good at using my own imagination, but COME ON! We should KNOW so much more about her after this many years. I just wish TPTB would get off thier butts already....there's so many amazing things they could do with this character.

10. shiningsobright

shiningsobright Victim

Internal Affairs was the one where her ex was murdered, right? I remember that episode. It was really good. The acting was incredible. I've noticed in the couple of eps I downloaded (from iTunes, not illegally. I promise), that they seemed to be lacking Natalia. The only one that really had Nat scenes was Die By the Sword. Is that how the whole season's been? If so, that stinks. ELR is an excellent actress and deserves better treatment. Just my humble opinion, though.

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Yes I'm afraid that that's how most of the season has been. Sometimes she's in episodes sometimes she's not. She magically disappears and it's not good. It is a waste of talent and she should be in more episodes and more often!!!

12. shiningsobright

shiningsobright Victim

Totally agree, Star Gazer. I love Eva and I think that she should be given better treatment. Let's flood the mailboxes. We'll send Eva a bunch of fanmail. Now, I've just got to find an address. Okay, found it:

Eva La Rue
    c/o CBS Television Network
    7800 Beverly Blvd.
    Los Angeles, California 90036

Maybe if we're loud enough, TPTB will answer our requests. It might work. It worked once with a General Hospital campaign.

13. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I think we need some pics in this thread so I brought some screen caps of 8.13 - Die By the Sword. Love her expressions here! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks shiningsobright for providing the address.

'Internal Affairs' was the one where her husband was murdered, it was so long ago indeed. :( It will be really interesting to know more about her background, esp her family, that's for sure - I never thought of this! :p Not to forget I want to know why and how she joined the FBI and besides DNA what other skills she learnt there. I think many people forget she used to work for the FBI. She is an intelligent woman, they need to show us that she is as capable as she is.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
  14. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

Thanks for the pictures Michya! The second one is my favorite. I love her expression!!! :lol:

15. alexa

alexa Witness

We should make a petition for Natalia or Eva! XD XD XD. this days people make a petition for everything and anything! XD ones do for a character not leave the show in order to not spoil the "high school romance".... other people think about another petition this time so she doesn't quit! and why we can not make one too? hamm? ridiculous! -.-' (I'm just kidding people) ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.