Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Wow, nice pictures of her once again ;)

I really never tought that she could be from anywhere else but Miami, since they never mentioned it. But she could be from another place that they never mentioned because they don't even know :confused: They could be waiting for a good storyline envolving that and don't want to mention it so they won't have a continuity problem then. Don't think so but it could happen :rolleyes:

About her name, it's always funny to me.
    I had no idea Natalia means christmas in latin, but it makes sense, now that I think of it, as 'Natal' means christmas in portuguese.
    As you said 'Boa Vista' means 'good view' in Portuguese. It's also funny to me when people call her just 'Boa', as besides meaning 'good', it is used to mean 'hot' as well in portuguese! :p

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

As I posted before, the only thing she has mentioned is Atlanta. In the "going under" epi when shes talking to the girl who inspects paper stuff (sorry, don't remember name or title) about the 'gang' & Nick breaking that guy's jaw. I guess its possible they lived there or were just visiting. It has had me wondering why they threw in that location; it had nothing to do w/ the story :confused:. :p

3. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i didn't know that about her name. thats really cool. i think i know what your talking about. the QD chick, Cynthia, right?

i've come to the conclusion that we as fans are on a need to know basis concerning Natalia's past and apparently TPTB thinks we don't need to know. hopefully we'll learn more about where she comes from this season.

4. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

^^Yeah, I hope so. But I think we can't complain much, Natalia has had some personal matters storylines in these two years. Even tough they all seem a bit tragic :rolleyes: And Horatio seems to be always there lately :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, I just saw "Internal Affairs", and I liked it! Even tough it was kind of predictable, but yeah... I tend to like episodes that 'shake' the lab, that deal with them as people, if you know what I mean :p Anyway, liked the first scene when she was so confused by everything that was happening. And liked the last teary-eyes one ;) Eva's work there, I think ;)

ilh214, I love your avvie :)

5. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

I can tell you this, it's something I learned today in Spanish class, Natalia is a common Spanish name. In the beginning of my Spanish text book, there are two chart, one with girls and the other with boys, of names. Natalia is one. Along with Marisol. So, just thought I share that piece of information.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well I think our theory might just be right. Apparently in epi 5 she is still learning to shoot & she pops her shoulder out of place while lifting a box of evidence. I for one can't wait to see how this is played out & Eric is supposed to comfort her which Stetler is supposed to witness & takes it the wrong way, so I wonder if Stetler will be on her butt about it? I'm not sure how to take Stetler's involvement w/ the comforting part unless he's just trying to start crap w/ the team again..

7. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

^^interesting. great to hear they are involving some natalia-centered storylines. i'm so excited for s6!!! i can't hardly stand it. i wanna see natalia!! anyway...

i caught part of Cries in the Dark the other night on Lifetime and she was sooo wonderful! and she had a gun!!! :D hot. her character was really passionate and determined, i see a lot of that in Natalia. great movie and i really wanna see the beginning of it. hopefully they will repeat it soon.

anyone have any news on Lakeview Terrace? imdb says its filming so i wonder how thats going with CSIM.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I can't wait either! I for one haven't heard any more on her new movie..im not even sure how big her part is, but im pretty sure i heard her say that Kaya starts school this year so that should free up her days to do both parts. Isn't it supposed to be out in January? Well I am so excited for the new season, I hope they do more than just having her do the normal lab work stuff. Id love to her in interrogation more & checking in on a vic w/ Alexx or something. Im sure they'll bump her up a little this year; should be soo awesome.

9. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i know! she's a badass in interrogation. :D they need to put her in there more. thats the reason 'Triple Threat' is one of my favorite episodes. i loved Natalia in it.

i've just heard that it comes out in 08. even if her part isn't very big i'll definately go see it. i mean, i've watched Hudson Hawk about 10 times to see a non-speaking david caruso...i couldn't get much worse, right?

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Guilty!! I flip to the beginning epis of "soul food" just to see if their ones w/ Eva. To watch probably all of her 3 scenes. Did ya ever see that movie "Ice"? It was a sci-fi movie. It wasn't bad, I watched it just to see Eva, its a bigger part for her, but w/out her in it I don't think id of sat thru it.

11. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

i've never heard of Ice but i'll definately check it out and see if i can find it. i've never watched Soul Food and had no clue she was ever in it. something else for me to find. :) any other good movies with Eva in them?

12. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Funny face of the day!

[​IMG]

:D

I don't think we've ever been told where she's from. I'm going to make an assumption and say that she just moved to Miami/Coconut Grove within the past two or three years... My reasoning for that is Nick. She had joined that underground organization and I don't think she would've stayed in Miami if that had been where her and Nick lived together. I also don't know if she would've moved back to Miami, had that been where she had grown up, just because Nick probably knew that. I guess it depends on how badly she wanted to get away from him, but if I wanted to get away from my abusive ex and have him never find me again, I wouldn't want to go back to my hometown where he knows I have family and whatnot.

I do remember her mentioning Atlanta, but not that she had actually lived there. She only said that her ex "broke a gang member's jaw in a barfight six years ago in Atlanta." Of course she could've lived there or around the area, which I'm sure she did... but I'm not sure if she's actually from there.

Who knows... Maybe we'll find out this season.

Are you sure Christine's in Miami? We know Anya is (or at least somewhere near the area), but I don't remember anything about Christine.

That name fits her perfectly. I wonder if it's a coincidence... If it is, it's certainly a good one!

Definitely Eva's work. And David's too, actually. He doesn't always make the best choices when portraying Horatio, but he played it up just right, making sure to keep the scene moving while not taking any focus away from Natalia. But back to Eva... The writers gave her some dialogue and she did her magic. The emotion was there, we saw her inner-struggle...

And it came out beautifully.

I totally second that. If the lab had a yearbook, her name would be in big block letters under the superlative "Interrogation Badass."

I wonder what other superlatives she would get... hmm.

13. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

hey everyone! i've never posted here, but i've been lurking since... forever :rolleyes: haha. anyway, i just thought i'd drop by and mention that i started the (thefanlistings.org-approved) natalia boa vista fanlisting, and that you should totally join because she's awesome and deserves to have a huge list of fans :D

just a couple of things to say:

-natalia with a gun will be. so. effin. cool! ;D

-about her origins, well, as "boa vista" is portuguese, she might be part brazilian, i guess. "natalia" is a very common name in spanish, so she might also be of spanish descent, or at least that's what i thought from her sister's name, "anya," because it's also used in spanish. christine, though, had me in doubt. maybe if it had been "cristina"... but i've always thought it a sure thing that she'd have some latina in her. i don't particularly see her as an atlanta-person, though i have no idea how an "atlanta-person" would be like :rolleyes: but i don't think she'd be from miami, either. maybe somewhere else in florida?

anyway, just thought i'd say that. i'll try to post here more often :) natalia rules! and eva's awesome, so yeah ;)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hi Carla!! Nice to see you here & thanks for the fanlist link, i joined, of course! :p

ILH214, check on the sci-fi channel for that movie "ice", thats where I saw it. & they air "soul food" on BETJ like every night on my tv. Its kinda funny 'cus that show was a 'showtime' show so they cuss & show more sexual situations (no, she isn't naked on any of them) but I remember her saying "shit" in one epi & in another she was talking about her recent break-up & said "but he didn't have a small penis" & I was like OH MY GOD, thats like Natalia saying that, so it was kinda weird as I was NOT expecting to hear that from her, I always see her as just Nat, which if they were allowed I COULD see her saying that on Miami...hmm...about someone..maybe..*cough* you know who *cough cough*!!

Love the pic BVFAN.. she looks kinda drunk! I'd LOVE to see Natalia drunk. Really I think it'd be kinda humorous to see the whole cast sitting at a big table at a bar sharing toasts & being just silly-drunk w/ each other.....but that'll never happen :(

15. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

love the pic BVF. she's silly :p where are you getting your caps from? i'd like to make some maria icons. i think csi miami should have a yearbook. how cool would that be? i'd vote for natalia for best personality. :D

DAMN! haha thanx for the info, i'll check it out.

hey Carla! glad to have you here. i joined the fanlist as well. Natalia needs more love! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.