Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Hey guys, I'm new to this thread. Just like to say I think Natalia was a great addition to the cast. She has unique interactions with different characters, and is quite the looker :D

I'm a little behind and just saw the ep where she was accused of murdering Nick. I have to say I did NOT like the way Kyle (my mind is playing tricks on me, I think that's the det.'s name) treated her and Valera. He's a little too narrow minded in that ep. Natalia's reaction was cool though I wished somewhere along the episode they both had slapped him :lol:

2. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

The detectives name was "Jake" and he is Calleigh's new beau.
    I didn't like his attitude either but that is part of the character of Jake Berkely-I think he's supposed to be a little on the grating side.
    He was being narrow-minded but I think that was supposed to be the point. It was likely that Jake would have filed charges against Nat unless H had suggested he look at the evidence one more time. By the way, I believe H has insight to the type of relationships shared by Nat and her now-dead ex.

I have a question for anyone who chooses to answer. Eva Larue said in an interview that there supposed to be some sort of 'plot twist' for her character and that the writers aren't telling her what that is.
    Anyone have any ideas or guesses as to what that 'twist' is?

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

other than that love interest she's supose to have(hopefully it wont be Rich)i havent heard of that plot twist,was in a interview on paper or on tv? Now i'm wondering what they have in plan for her, i really hope its something good!

4. doublehelix

She said this on a TV interview.

I had a few ideas for a plot twist
    >"Rich" the shooting instructor becomes a crazed stalker

>In a search for a missing child the other CSIs find out that the child is Natalia's.(Sounds kind of soapy, I know.
    but I look at it as a way to fill in some gaps about her previous marriage to Nick. She left him before the child was born and never told him about the birth. In desperation she gave the child up for adoption to a better home/family)
    >Only days after recieving her firearms qualification, Natalia had to use her gun in a life-or-death firefight.
    (Okay, not a 'twist' per se)
    >Nick, as it turns out, owed some "unsavory people" who are now attempting to take their anger on Natalia.
    >Natalia goes solo on a heinous murder. One that rattles her emotionally/psychologically and tests her CSI skills.
    It also opens up a larger criminal enterprise.

Just some musings! :D :D :D :D

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Urgh, where did I get Kyle from?? I know the Berkeley part :p Just watching too many shows at the same time with characters of similar names - that is all. :eek:

Plot twist? I like the idea of her having to go solo on a murder. Something that'll maybe do more than just rattle her cage.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I had some of the same thoughts DOUBLEHELIX

1. Rich, a stalker, I could see this! I like to believe that Nick faked his death, changed his identity, & now hes trying to get to Nat.

2. Also, the thought of Rich being some screwball that knew Nick. Who knows what he wants w/ Natalia but considering Nick was such a thief, he could of had people after him.

3. Also playing off Rich being a stalker: she turns him down too many times; he gets physical; she freaks out & shoots him in self-defense, leading to: was it murder? was it self-defense?

4.This is not shippy just something ive thought about since this Joe Brock guy reappeared & Stetler thinking her & Eric are a couple. This Joe guy has something to do w/ Riaz, remember him? Ok, there has always been the threats made that "he would take everything you love" to Horatio. Eric was part of murdering Riaz also & him & Nat were actually together during the whole fiasco w/ Riaz/Horatio/Marisol twist. Assuming Natalia is w/ Eric, Joe goes after her. Maybe somewhere in it involves Rich, maybe he is working for Joe. Just a thought, supposedly Joe appears later in some epis, so it that has me curious.

Whatever goes down, it will involve Rich, no doubt!

Almost forget...welcome to the newbie NAT fans!!!

7. doublehelix

Good News Eva fans!! A recent interview with Eva Larue has appeared and can be accessed by all. The downside is that it is a phone interview and it is AUDIO ONLY. It's fairly short, probably less than ten minutes. Here's the link. Take a listen.
    http://www.thesportsinterview.com/eva.html

There aren't any revelations of any kind. What you hear is someone who sounds quite grounded and has a 'real' perspective on the ups and downs of show business.
    :) :)

8. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

I love listening to her interviews, she's so together. Did anyone happen to save the Catalina magazine one? It's not up anymore. Hi, I'm new to the thread but I've loved Nat since she first showed up. She is stunning and she's a fabulous actress. I'm completely E/C but I love Natalia and Eric together, they have such a strong friendship, and I love her being friends with Calleigh as well. She and Cal have kind of similar backgrounds and I think they would be good for each other. Every week with the shooting thing I've been like ask Calleigh for help already! In my fic world Cal has a range in her basement. I'm working on a fic where Cal finds Natalia after Eric fixes her up and pulls the whole story out of her and helps her. The whole shoulder scene with Eric was fantastic on Eva's part, I've watched it about 87 times now :lol: I'm still recovering from a dislocated knee I got on the job (firefighter/EMT) and it is probably the worst pain I've ever felt. Eva did an amazing job showing the pain yet keeping it in character; Natalia isn't gonna break easily, but some things are just too much, and I think it shows a lot that she trusted Eric enough to let him do that.

With my job I tend to not be around as much as I'd like, but I hope to be around a lot. I can't wait to see what this season has in store for everyone.

9. doublehelix

I still like the idea of the team inadvertently finding out that Natalia had born 1 child from Nick and had given it up for adoption.
    It just seems to me there is some 'empty space' surrounding Natalia and her former marriage. When they brought her on in season 4 she was supposed to be and 'enigma' of sorts. Someone who has secrets and a past they want kept secret. I also think it would add some serious drama as they find out
    the full reasons for Natalia ultimately leaving Nick.

I know it sounds 'soapy' and there are some other details that you would have to deal with. For example, how did she keep the pregnancy a secret from her family. That sort of thing. But I do think it would add to her complete story.

How would I do it? I would put the team on a kidnapping. The child is missing from the home of her adoptive parents.
    Through some twists and turns the team, or one on the team, finds out that Natalia is the mother. :) :)

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:lol:I don't think you were here yet when we were talking about something similar around the end of last season. In the "skeletons" episode, she tells Eric "those home pregnancy tests don't work on me". Well how would she know that unless she has used one before. I like to think that either she was at one time PG & then sadly miscarried (due to Nick's abuse of course) or when we found out she has nieces, i thought, oh, how perfect one of them could be hers but the child is being raised by her sister to be protected from Nick. I would absolutely love Natalia as a mother, I think it would be very fitting, but because of Horatio's new found son im not so sure they would bring out another "lost child". It'd be awesome though if they did!!

Welcome to the board, STARDUQUESNE! *hands her a midori cocktail* CHEERS!! & yes, Eva was indeed fabulous during that unforgettable scene....I would of probably started screaming & cussing.

11. doublehelix

I see your point and I do remember that scene in "Skeletons". It was a very touching scene between Eric and Nat. It was that scene and the other in "Collision" with Eric and Nat outside the elevator toward the end of the show that told me that "These two make one awesome couple."
    I can understand after the appearance of Kyle, that the writers would not want to go into another "lost child" type of plot. But I would distinguish between a "lost" child and a child that was given up by someone who is scared or desperate.
    I would add a plot twist or two. For example, the child turns out to be ill and needs some sort of tissue transplant from a relative.
    The idea that Nat may have been PG and miscarried due to Nick's abuse is a good one.
    Rather, I would make such an episode reveal that Natalia found out she was pregnant when still married to Nick and when he was at his absolute worst and it forced her to make a choice.

You know something? Maybe I'll write up a piece of fan fiction and post it in that forum. You can see what I had in mind. Maybe I should write screenplays for a living. :) :)

12. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Oh Natalia, Natalia, Natalia... Where do we start with you, girlie?

I loved when she was at the computer and Eric walked in and he said something along the lines of "how many sites have you been to so far?" Eva's delivery was amazing: "...Fourteen."

And that whole scene at the shooting range was just... bad. Our girl needs to get rid of Rich ASAP. If the guy keeps asking you out and you keep saying no, but he still does it anyway, I think you need to find a new instructor. Why not Calleigh?

What was even more strange about that entire scene was Natalia being momentarily taken over by complete stupidity and carelessness. I mean... That was just poor writing on TPTB's part. That was very OOC for her.

It did set the stage for the scene!of!awesomeness! later in the episode, though. Eva was BRILLIANT. I cringed when Eric popped her shoulder back in. Her face... damn. You could see how much pain she was in and you could also see how hard she was trying to hold herself back from screaming. Great job by Eva.

I agree. They're both awesome together and I'd really love to see them form a really tight friendship.

Welcome to the thread! Make sure you grab a Midori cocktail--compliments of Natalia, of course, because she just has to be pretty wealthy in order to have a huge house in Coconut Grove (At least that's what I think).

I loved the episode when 'Talia is accused of murdering Nick. Eva was great, as usual, but it was the last scene that I really, really loved. Brilliance.

Wow... Nice ideas. :)

I have a feeling that the "plot twist" will have something to do with her shoulder. It's probably going to come back to bite her in the ass. She'll pass her test and when the first shootout happens, her arm acts up and she winds up taking down one of the officers or a bystander. And then IAB gets involved and her and Eric are both feeling really guilty, and...

...Well, it sounded better in my head.

What is something about Eva La Rue that the public should know?

"That I probably cuss more than I should."

Haha. Win.

I love how open she is in the interviews she gives. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have the guts to say half of the things she says about herself.

Thanks for the heads up about the interview! :D

Yeah, that was a great scene. If we put the season four Natalia in that situation, she wouldn't have asked Eric to pop her shoulder back in--she probably would've whined about it and gone to the doctor. She's changed a lot over the last two years... it's great to see that she's formed such a great bond with the team, that she trusts them. She's tougher now, too. Sure, she had a breakdown in "Internal Affairs," but I think she had a good enough reason to. It takes a lot to keep yourself from crying and carrying on when you pop in a dislocated anything (Although you probably already know that because of your dislocated knee--yikes). I went on for a good twenty minutes when it happened to me. :rolleyes:

Wow... I almost forgot about that whole discussion we had about that! (Man, my memory is going!)

I still want to know what that whole "home pregnancy tests don't work on me" thing was about...

13. doublehelix

Well, the whole "home pregnancy tests don't work on me" could have been the whole set up. As Mjszud said "How would she know if she hasn't used one before?" That's a damn good point.
    I would argue that when she was still married to Nick, she had one of those tests wich she had taken under her own suspicions she was pregnant but was given a false reading.
    Thinking she was "safe" she would later find out that she was indeed PG. In light of that she had to make the decision to leave Nick and decide what to do about the child.
    When I listened to the audio interview with Eva Larue I was pleasantly surprised to hear someone who, to my ears, thought was quite grounded and real. Eva only has to reveal what she wants. When I posted that there are "no revelations of any kind" it was just to indicate there were no surprises of any sort. Some people tend to expect that when such people do interviews, they expect big announcements or something of that nature.

She also said in interview, although somewhat crypticly, that Natalia would become embroiled in situation and despite her best efforts, the results don't turn out very well. Well
    I wonder if this is something of a hint in an upcoming episoded called "Permanent Vacation". There have been spoiler photos posted on this epi in which we see pictures of the cast. When they usually post these photos, it usually hints around who the story will revolve. For instance, "Stand Your Ground" is supposed to put Calliegh at the center of the story. For "Permanent Vacation' maybe Natalia is going to be an integral part of the story. From what few spoilers I have come across "Permanent Vacation' is about a family from Canada who come to Miami to vacation but wind up in an absolutely awful situation.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

OH MY GOD, I think she is totally gonna "off" Rich!!! All that news has me so excited!!! I have so many thoughts of what it could be but im sure it will end up being something I never had even imagined. It sounds like its going to be awful for her...im still thinking along w/ most of you that it will have to do w/ Rich. Or the "mole" thing will come up again. She was in that position w/ Ryan & the DA, maybe that was a little bit of a sneak peak into the season.

I don't know if anyone else questioned this but in "one of thier own" when the "mole" came out & all that; Eric blabbed (bad eric) to Agent Cole that basically him & Natalia had a thing & then there was him saying he would "testify in a federal court". So my question is; wouldn't they think that because she withheld this information (that she obviously knew but didn't report) that it was like her not completing what she was sent in to do? It was more like her lieing to the federal agents than to the team. What do ya all think??

Oh,please, don't let her accidentally shoot someone! That would just suck for her.

She has changed alot....if that was S4 Nat im not so sure that she would of trusted Eric enough to throw her arm back like that, she would of definately hesitated at first.

I just thought it was me, but yeah, that reply "14"...something about the way she said it was almost kinda cute!

15. Boa_Vista_Fan

Boa_Vista_Fan Rookie

Yeah, we talked about that... I think we all kind of agreed that she had been pregnant at one time with Nick's baby, and after that we've got all kinds of theories. Miscarriage, adoption, etc.

I personally would like Natalia to have a kid. We'd see a whole other side to the character and I think she'd gain even more respect from the team. Her and Alexx can bond over their children and she could take her daughter (I imagine her having a girl) into work sometimes... I could see some great comical scenes involving daughter and "Uncle Wolfie" in the break room while Natalia's out in the field. :lol:

You could be right. I can't remember who said it, but usually when there's a certain character in an episode promo pic, that means that the character will play a decent-sized role in the episode. And there is a picture of her for that episode- "Permanent Vacation."

Hmmm... I don't think she was lying to the feds. Remember when Natalia was trying to explain herself to Calleigh: "When the feds put me here to run unsolveds, they told me to report on any suspected malfeasants." I don't think her and Eric's relationship counts.

Yeah, that would really, really suck. She is getting better, though. She was actually hitting the target on Monday night's episode.

PS: I LOVE your icon! It's all kinds of awesome.

It seems like we're going to learn a tiny bit more about Natalia in 6.07. This is the episode with Agent Mike Farallon, who is supposed to be an old "friend" of Natalia's (according to SpoilerTV). It goes on to say, "Through Natalia being her old self, she gets Mike to give her surveillance tapes." ...Oh, dear. If it's any consolation, Mike is HOT! (Link to a picture of him below.)
    ...So this episode should be fun.

WARNING: KIND OF SPOILER-ISH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.