Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a fair point,
there are a lot of points in my life where I'm confident and others where I'm an insecure mess
with OCD it's not always that easy to interact with people, you worry if you're not saying the right thing
If that would translate to behavior in a relationship, then Ryan would definitely be very insecure, maybe even unwilling to express his desire in fear of scaring Eric off

I'm here again with a gift. ;) It's from 'High Octane'. I was trying to cap a good butt cap of Ryan (hehe :D) but when I paused it, it came out like this:

hardyboys5.jpg

I thought it was pretty interesting and I've been wanting to post it in here, but I kept forgeting. I hope you enjoy it as much as me! :lol: :D

SwiftTales said:
there are a lot of points in my life where I'm confident and others where I'm an insecure mess
with OCD it's not always that easy to interact with people, you worry if you're not saying the right thing
If that would translate to behavior in a relationship, then Ryan would definitely be very insecure, maybe even unwilling to express his desire in fear of scaring Eric off

I feel like that all the time with other people. It's like there's a rule book that everyone else has, and I don't have it. :confused: I think Ryan's a bit like that. Or I might just be projecting myself onto him, I don't know.

I think he'd be serious about a relationship - there'd be a lot at stake for him. He would be scared of doing the wrong thing and scaring Eric off. Casual hook-ups don't seem to be his thing - thank goodness!

sandersidle , I can't see your pic! :( Is it just me? I've been quite taken with the buttcap pics I've seen. That was a great idea for a scene *applauds TPTB*

I have a pic of my own to offer. Well, not of my own. It belongs to Miami Style, but I wish it was mine. :p How about this?
HighOctaneMS.jpg

Ryan's oblivious as usual, and Eric s doing his best not to stare at Ryan's bottom. You can see the concentration on his face! :D

AliGtr, I totallly agree with your pic :D Ryan is just sooo oblivious, someone should point it out to him :devil: I'll do it!

aaaawww, you're pic is sooo cute sandersidle, they're butt-hugging!

I'm very glad Ryan isn't the type to go do casual, we have enough problems in that direction with Eric :rolleyes: I wonder what it would take for him to settle down

I looked again later, and it worked then. I don't know what was wrong the first time. :confused: There are such a lot of great pics of the two of them. The way they look at each other is so expressive. :p

Eric could be looking (in all the wrong places :devil: ) for something to make him feel fulfilled. I don't remember him having a serious relationship, just a series of casuals. Although he would have stood by Natalia if she'd turned out to be pregnant - that gives him some brownie points, in my opinion *approves*

He'd have to feel totally different about a relationship to settle down, I think. It would have to give him something he's not had before. ( :devil: )

I think once Eric found what he was looking for he'd probably settle down :p

The thing that keeps me guessing though is how Eric's family would react to Eric having a relationship with another male, I mean we know that appearently they're a very loving and close family

They're Russian Cuban Catholic's and if I remember some refrences have been made about Eric being a Good Catholic Boy (or I'm severely mistaken)

Would they stand by Eric or would they reject him because he had a relationship with Ryan? I'm not sure, what do y'all think?

Hmm, I think it would get a mixed reaction from the family; especially dad.

It would be a big issue IMO. His sisters would probably be better about it, since they are younger and basically were raised in the USA. Mom would be upset, but then she would try to understand it. Dad would be mad/indifferent. Though I don't know how he would end up feeling in the end.

He's a good Catholic boy, but he has a lot of casual relationships. I wouldn't have thought those would really go together. :confused: I would agree with you about his family's reactions, athlov . But maybe they've already known about it for a while (his sexuality, I mean), and they've had the chance to get used to it?

I saw Double Jeopardy yesterday, and I just loved the way Eric and Ryan were with each other. :D They were so friendly, and Eric got fooled by Erica, so he could see how easily Ryan might have been taken advantage of, and all that blaming he did about the leak was forgiven. Ryan wasn't even loud about "I told you so". There was just a little quiet dig, and that was it - they were back on the same side.

I like it when Ryan can show Eric how things are done, too. Eric wanted to know if he'd looked through the files on the computer, but Ryan had retrieved the ones that had been deleted instead. Eric hadn't thought of that. It kind of balances them up. Quite often, Eric's shown to be the more experienced one.

Yes, I really liked that episode. :D

ETA - Ooo, I'm just in time to edit. I found some promo pics for Come As You Are. There's this one of Eric and Ryan. They're watching Alexx with a body. But look at what they're wearing. They've definitely been to some bargain store and bought up job-lots of one particular outfit each in various colours.
Wardrobe has found one outfit that works, and they're damn well going to stick with it!
Credit to Shane at Modern Day Gallery.

Eric's shown to be the more experienced one.

oh, I agree, Eric is the one with more experience. :devil:

my last new episode was 'payback' and there was no eric/ryan scene. :(

I think Eric parents don't know about his private life. I can imagine them that they would ask him when he will find the right girl. It would be a shock for them to find out that he's together with a man.
Then they would meet Ryan (and he would be so nervous) and they would love him. ;)

What about Ryan's familiy?
I know it's a hard question because we know nothing about his parents, but in my imagination he has an understanding familiy. :D

The two of them just have this whole lot of unresolved tension between them from what I've gathered...

May I ask a beginner's question, though...
Why Hardy Boys? *turns beetred*

It's okay loozy :p
The Hardy Boys is based on the blog that Sally posted in the episode silencer
The Hardy Boys referred to Eric and Ryan, who were there earlier to talk to the CEO off the company :p

Blog

No problem! I think it's widely known that Silencer is one of my favourite stories :D I could go on and on about if for hours! so relying the story was definitely no problem :p

I think Ryan has this wounded look about him, and I always explained that to a childhood trauma, I think his parents may have not been able to deal with his OCD and that he was raised, primarily by his uncle Ron, as we've heard much more about him then anyone else off his family

I think that uncle Ron would accept it, but that his familiy (who in this senario already have problems with Ryan being OCD) would find it diffuclt to accept in the least

I think Eric's family would probably warm to the idea, especially if they met Ryan, who attracts the mothering type, so I don't have a doubt that Eric's mom would take to him quite fast :D

I loved Silencer too! And it would be so lovely if Eric's mum were to take Ryan under her wing!

He does have a kind of wounded look about him. I had another idea about his childhood. Maybe he's the eldest of a whole bunch. (The niece could be the child of his next brother or sister). Being OCD, I don't think he'd cope well with a large unruly household. He could have gone to Uncle Ron for refuge.

I'm rather bothered that noone from his family surfaced when he was hurt in S4 or when he was having eye problems. It suggests that they're not close.

Eric, on the other hand, has "happy family" written all over him. He's got the confidence that goes with knowing someone loves you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back