Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are horrible rumours creeping around the internet that Eric is leaving CSI, but obviously I see no proof anywhere and i'm sure he said he would stay till the end, no? People shouldn't say these things unless they are completely sure they're true!

Where have you seen these rumors? I haven't seen anything anywhere about him not coming back.

There are horrible rumours creeping around the internet that Eric is leaving CSI, but obviously I see no proof anywhere and i'm sure he said he would stay till the end, no? People shouldn't say these things unless they are completely sure they're true!

I'm sure there would have been some sort of official word from CBS by now if this were true. Work has already started on the new series so it is pretty unlikely that Eric's departure would only come to light now.
Besides, as long as Jorja is still there, Eric will be too!

Well, if Eric woud be leaving immediately, I think we would have heard it by now, since the filming has started/is starting soon. But if he's first doing couple of episodes and then leaving, CBS would probably try to keep it a secret at first.

It'd be good to hear where those rumores are from. If they come from some random user in some random message board, I wouldn't be that concerned. But if it's from a more reliable source...

Last edited:
Someone else said that they heard that there were only a few cast members whose contracts were even up and that would have to re-sign. Eric was NOT among those, which would seem to indicate that he still had a contract in play. Not that that means anything cause things can change... but I hope he's not leaving. Some cast members sign longer contracts than others. While one may only sign up for a year at a time, others sign for two years at a time.

I just saw them on silly forums and other 'networking sites'. But there was no substance behind them, so I quickly brushed them off. Some people were having slight mental breakdowns over the thought. Why are some people so quick to believe things without proof?

I am still one to believe Eric will stick the show out until the end, unless something incredibly better comes along for him or he plain just gets sick of it, but he always seems to say he enjoys it still, at least in past interviews.

I never really doubted he would not be back. I really think we would have heard long before if he was not going to be.

Now what we have to hope for is more even screen time on the show.

Something that was pointed out in the Nick thread that might make things better in s12. Marg, Paul and Jorja all have reduced screen time - they won't be appearing in every episode. That means it's probable that George, Eric, Ted and Elizabeth Harnois will be having a good majority of the time. It all depends really on how much is devoted to introducing the new characters - one who has at least already received an intro.

And personally, I don't think Ted's character is going to be like Langston was and pull focus. So hopefully Greg will be getting more episode exposure.

Something that was pointed out in the Nick thread that might make things better in s12. Marg, Paul and Jorja all have reduced screen time - they won't be appearing in every episode. That means it's probable that George, Eric, Ted and Elizabeth Harnois will be having a good majority of the time. It all depends really on how much is devoted to introducing the new characters - one who has at least already received an intro.

And personally, I don't think Ted's character is going to be like Langston was and pull focus. So hopefully Greg will be getting more episode exposure.

Indeed, it could definitely mean more screen time. Even with introducing the new characters, they have to play off someone, and I wouldn't have the thought they'd pair the newbies up too often as that would isolate them from the existing cast.

Well we can only hope that after 12 years, they finally use Eric to his full potential and get the screen time he deserves. In the last couple of years, George never had problems being on screen...he was always on.

ETA: While rewatching "All that Cremains" tonight, there was a moment where to me it felt like Greg was reporting to Ray, like he would report to Grissom. And of course Ray got to question the suspect that Greg discovered. Ahhh, so glad he is going to be gone (Ray). :lol:
Also loved how Greg was the one to volunteer to look for the "sex tapes". :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back