Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Greg teach or train a newbie would be interesting!

I definitely agree with this. :)

Same here :)

I said pretty much the same thing in the Nick thread too - they've both come so far since the earlier seasons, it'd be great to have a newbie or two for the guys to pass on their knowledge/experience/wisdom to. Take some of their earlier scenes, but with the roles reversed now - so for Greg, maybe a newbie getting queasy on their first messy scene, showing up unprepared, or messing up evidence collection or interpretation, and have Greg be the one correcting or instructing them.

Yes Greg, Nick, Sara, Hodges, and everyone has really come a long ways since the earlier seasons

Going far into wishful thinking, it'd be neat to have Wendy come back as a CSI, and she and Greg could compare notes on their transitions to the field.

That would have been awesome, oh ptb WHY did you take Wendy away?!?! :(:(:(

Sometimes it seems to me like Greg is a bit too much of a 'follower' (peer pressured in Redrum, helping Ray without question in Cello and Goodbye, and a bit with not wanting to take sides in House of Hoarders). I'd like to see more scenes like No Way Out, where he took charge of the situation with the boy's father (and showed great empathy too), and solved the problem, rather than just going along with things.

Redrum and Cello and Goodybe, yes, I wish he could have spoken up and said something, but I shouldn't judge unless it comes to my siblings I a lot of times don't speak up and say something

I didn't mind in House of Hoarders, it wasn't his battle, I kinda liked him taking the oberserver route like Grissom, something I also have in common with them

Maybe more this season (doubt it but we'll see) Greg will have those kind of scenes where he takes charge, maybe he'll get put in that position where he has to take charge, and the leader part of him comes out :)

Last edited:
Going far into wishful thinking, it'd be neat to have Wendy come back as a CSI, and she and Greg could compare notes on their transitions to the field.

I really don't want that to happen, it'd be too much of a repeat of Greg's storyline for me.

Sometimes it seems to me like Greg is a bit too much of a 'follower' (peer pressured in Redrum, helping Ray without question in Cello and Goodbye, and a bit with not wanting to take sides in House of Hoarders). I'd like to see more scenes like No Way Out, where he took charge of the situation with the boy's father (and showed great empathy too), and solved the problem, rather than just going along with things.

I don't think Greg's personality is of a follower, but the writers have gotten stuck in a rut since he started training as a CSI of portraying him as following because he was learning. He should be confident enough in his abilities by now to take the initiative he's always shown on subjects he's knowledgeable on.

I really don't want that to happen, it'd be too much of a repeat of Greg's storyline for me.

I agree with you on this. It would be too much of a repeat of his storyline. While I would like to see Wendy back, going that route would be too familiar.

I don't think Greg's personality is of a follower, but the writers have gotten stuck in a rut since he started training as a CSI of portraying him as following because he was learning. He should be confident enough in his abilities by now to take the initiative he's always shown on subjects he's knowledgeable on.
I never thought of him as a follower when he was in the lab but since he has been a CSI they seem to have written him that way. I remember him standing up for himself a few times as a labrat. I think they need to show him leading the way more often. I do enjoy it when he seems to be the one to figure out the key clue in a case. I love it when he gets excited about it. I remember in "Leaping Lizards" how enthusiastic he was when he discovered the fingerprint under the steam cleaner. He plays those moments great!

I never thought of him as a follower when he was in the lab but since he has been a CSI they seem to have written him that way. I remember him standing up for himself a few times as a labrat. I think they need to show him leading the way more often. I do enjoy it when he seems to be the one to figure out the key clue in a case. I love it when he gets excited about it. I remember in "Leaping Lizards" how enthusiastic he was when he discovered the fingerprint under the steam cleaner. He plays those moments great!

Totally agree! He adds excitement to the show that you don't get from the other characters.

Redrum and Cello and Goodybe, yes, I wish he could have spoken up and said something, but I shouldn't judge unless it comes to my siblings I a lot of times don't speak up and say something

I didn't mind in House of Hoarders, it wasn't his battle, I kinda liked him taking the oberserver route like Grissom, something I also have in common with them

Maybe more this season (doubt it but we'll see) Greg will have those kind of scenes where he takes charge, maybe he'll get put in that position where he has to take charge, and the leader part of him comes out :)

I didn't mind Redrum as much - it was more funny, with the way the others all turned and looked at him; it just screamed "peer pressure." :lol:

I really hate how he just gave in to Ray in Cello and Goodbye though. :(

I don't think he's a follower by nature, he just has those moments. I'd like to see less follower moments, and more leader/confident moments in the future - he's certainly experienced enough in the field that they can get away from him being the uncertain newbie.

I do enjoy it when he seems to be the one to figure out the key clue in a case. I love it when he gets excited about it. I remember in "Leaping Lizards" how enthusiastic he was when he discovered the fingerprint under the steam cleaner. He plays those moments great!

Totally agree! He adds excitement to the show that you don't get from the other characters.

I agree too! He definitely adds fun to the show - from all the goofing around as a lab rat, to his enthusiasm following leads in the field. I hope we get more of those moments in the future too.

In some aspects he is more experienced than the others, at least in DNA work. I mean none of the other CSI's have the knowledge of DNA that he has since he was formerly DNA guru guy. (Of course he also did toxicology and trace back in the day too but I won't count that.) I just wish they would play that experience he has more often.

In some aspects he is more experienced than the others, at least in DNA work. I mean none of the other CSI's have the knowledge of DNA that he has since he was formerly DNA guru guy. (Of course he also did toxicology and trace back in the day too but I won't count that.) I just wish they would play that experience he has more often.

I agree, they should definitely work with the characters known expertise more than they do, especially with Greg at the moment considering they don't have a DNA tech in the cast for now.

I did notice this past season they did have him doing a little more lab/DNA work but what I mean out of all the other CSI's he should be the most knowledgeable. I guess what irks me is I remember one time this season they were speaking about something with DNA and one of the other characters was explaining it to Greg when he should be the one explaining what it means to them.

I did notice this past season they did have him doing a little more lab/DNA work but what I mean out of all the other CSI's he should be the most knowledgeable. I guess what irks me is I remember one time this season they were speaking about something with DNA and one of the other characters was explaining it to Greg when he should be the one explaining what it means to them.

Probably goes with Wendy leaving, and Hodges going into the field more often, but it probably helps with him getting more screentime

Who was the other character explaining DNA to Greg and what ep?

I can't remember off hand right now. I just know when it was going on I was annoyed. :lol:

I think the
casting of Ted Danson
could be good news for Greg, I can see them having great chemistry :)

I haven't seen Danson in anything yet so I don't know

I know the character is supposed to be light hearted so we'll see

Right now I'm just concerned that Greg will get the season 9 treatment ALLLL over again

AND IF HE DOES :scream::scream::scream: Trust me, I won't be happy :scream::scream::scream:

Cheers was before my time, but I know of it because I watched Fraiser. The main thing I know him from is Three Men and a Baby, saw that a few times when I was little. My parents watch Damages so I've caught some scenes of him in that and he was great! I'm sure I've seen him in other things too.

I hope they've learnt past lessons and he won't get that treatment again. The new character seems much more compatible with Greg so hopefully he'll have more interaction than he did with Ray.

I hope Greg does not get the season 9 treatment either. I hope that the new guy and him get along well...better than Greg seemed to get along with Ray. They just really seemed to be co-workers and never go beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back