Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like see him interact with kids, I can only think of one time where he did- he interviewed that boy in Coup de Grace

Work solo B cases- I don't think we've ever seen him work one of those, I mean he's been a level three CSI for two and half years now so I think it's LOOOOOONG overdue :thumbsup:

I think interacting with a kid is a great idea, I think he'd be a natural at trying to cheer a kid up. I like to see him connecting with any witness to be honest, he never really gets to do that side of the case like the other CSI's do occasionally.

I'm torn about the solo case, while yes, I would like to see it as it would develop his standing as a CSI, I love his interaction with the other characters, particularly either Nick or Sara, so I would miss that for the case. Although, it could be good seeing him do a solo case with Brass, now that he's a seasoned CSI I'd like to see how him and Brass could work solely together to solve a case.

Greg interacting or connecting with a kid would be intriguing; you're right, he rarely ever does that, so that would be interesting to watch. Now,
Greg interacting with a baby..... TOO CUUUUUTEE :adore:.

I actually don't mind him working on a case with someone, especially with Nick or Sara, since he's closest to them, (though I've always liked his interactions with Catherine too, especially in the earlier seasons (OMG I'll miss her :(:(, she was like a surrogate mom or big sister to Greggo)) as long as he gets a good amount of screen time. But if he does get a solo that would be an interesting change, especially if it ends up developing his character a bit. That actually would be something I'd like to see too, if he did a case that reminded him of his trauma in Fannysmackin :(; I wonder what his reactions would be.

It would be interesting if some case came up reminding him of Fannysmackin'. Maybe even the mother or brother again of Demetrius James coming back into an episode for some reason.

I was kind of mad last season when the explosion happened he didn't say anything or react any way to it. I mean he did suffer some burns (although you would never know it) from "Playing with Fire".

It would be interesting if some case came up reminding him of Fannysmackin'. Maybe even the mother or brother again of Demetrius James coming back into an episode for some reason.
I don't think I'd want that to happen, I think we've had enough closure with the DJ case and I hope the writers aren't lazy enough to re-use that storyline instead of creating a new one for Greg.

I would however agree with having a case which reminds him of Fannysmackin', I think having Greg emotionally involved with a particular case would be excellent and reminding him of his beating seems like a good way. We haven't seen him get truly emotionally affected since Spark of Life and to some extent, No Humans Involved back in Season 5. It doesn't even have to be a full episode dedicated to him. (Or a Greg-isode. :lol: )

With them dropping the season long story arc this season I hope that means it's more likely that Greg may get a good story in, I hope they don't go all 'we gave him one last season' because I don't think AKBF was good enough for me.

Something I mentioned in the Nick thread as well is that I find it really unrealistic that NO guys in the lab are able to get a relationship so I wouldn't mind a background relationship going on. (Although I'm looking forward to seeing how Greg and Megan mesh seeing as they haven't met each other yet, I'm secretly counting on a Greg/Megan ship possibly turning up in Season 13. ;) )

I don't think I'd want that to happen, I think we've had enough closure with the DJ case and I hope the writers aren't lazy enough to re-use that storyline instead of creating a new one for Greg.

Agreed, I don't want the James story to go into overkill, I mean just look at the Haskell storyline, I'd perfer a new storyline too

I would however agree with having a case which reminds him of Fannysmackin', I think having Greg emotionally involved with a particular case would be excellent and reminding him of his beating seems like a good way. We haven't seen him get truly emotionally affected since Spark of Life and to some extent, No Humans Involved back in Season 5. It doesn't even have to be a full episode dedicated to him. (Or a Greg-isode. :lol: )

Yes agreed, it doesn't quite have to be a full blown ep, though I wouldn't mind if it was ;)

With them dropping the season long story arc this season I hope that means it's more likely that Greg may get a good story in, I hope they don't go all 'we gave him one last season' because I don't think AKBF was good enough for me.

AKBF should have taken the place in the course of a storyline or made a bigger twist in the case :)

Something I mentioned in the Nick thread as well is that I find it really unrealistic that NO guys in the lab are able to get a relationship so I wouldn't mind a background relationship going on. (Although I'm looking forward to seeing how Greg and Megan mesh seeing as they haven't met each other yet, I'm secretly counting on a Greg/Megan ship possibly turning up in Season 13. ;) )

You mean Morgan :) and yes like I said earlier, I could see them making her a love interest for Nick or Greg, though I need to see them interact first

I was kind of mad last season when the explosion happened he didn't say anything or react any way to it. I mean he did suffer some burns (although you would never know it) from "Playing with Fire".

True, could have made some good continuity, at the very least mentioning it, though the writers may have forgotten about Play with Fire :shifty:

I agree about the DJ thing... don't want the mother or brother ever coming back on the show. That storyline is over and done with and I kind of want it to stay that way other than possibly vague references to it or something.

Personally, I'd rather Greg's possible future love interest be a recurring character as opposed to a main character at this point. I'd prefer to see him with someone who isn't directly in law enforcement, but someone who would understand his schedule or something.

Hopefully not one like his and Ray's which really wasn't a relationship of sort except colleagues I guess, maybe a type of relationship we haven't see like maybe one where they don't get along or something

It would be very interesting to see him not get along with someone, not sure I'd want it to be a regular character, as that could get tiresome after a while, but a one off or a few eps, could be different!

I actually don't mind him working on a case with someone, especially with Nick or Sara, since he's closest to them, (though I've always liked his interactions with Catherine too, especially in the earlier seasons (OMG I'll miss her :(:(, she was like a surrogate mom or big sister to Greggo)) as long as he gets a good amount of screen time. But if he does get a solo that would be an interesting change, especially if it ends up developing his character a bit. That actually would be something I'd like to see too, if he did a case that reminded him of his trauma in Fannysmackin :(; I wonder what his reactions would be.

It would be good to see how he feels about the incident now that he's moved on, or appeared to move on from it.

I do think, from the short time we've seen her, Morgan would be very compatible with Greg! I wouldn't want that to be her whole purpose, though. But then, I ship Greg with someone else so I'm quite content with him not having a relationship on the show.

Personally, I'd rather Greg's possible future love interest be a recurring character as opposed to a main character at this point. I'd prefer to see him with someone who isn't directly in law enforcement, but someone who would understand his schedule or something.

Yeah, they definitely have a better track record on relationships with regular/recurring characters, rather than regular/regular pairings!

I think it would be nice for Greg to casually mention that he found a nice girlfriend. We don't even have to see her for awhile but to mention it would be nice to know he has someone to go home to. Heck we still have never seen where this man lives nor been able to see any relatives. I mean it is like these people have no life outside of work at all. Usually people visit or have visits from family but not on this show...not even a mention. I could see something like... Nick: "So how was your weekend with your parents? Did you take them to any shows?" Greg: "They were just glad I was not in the hospital" (jokingly)

We don't have to see them but just to actually acknowledge he still has family around that might actually care to see him. :lol: Is that too much to ask for? I guess.

I think it would be nice for Greg to casually mention that he found a nice girlfriend. We don't even have to see her for awhile but to mention it would be nice to know he has someone to go home to. Heck we still have never seen where this man lives nor been able to see any relatives. I mean it is like these people have no life outside of work at all. Usually people visit or have visits from family but not on this show...not even a mention. I could see something like... Nick: "So how was your weekend with your parents? Did you take them to any shows?" Greg: "They were just glad I was not in the hospital" (jokingly)

His girlfriend could be the new Mrs. Robbins, Mrs. Phillips, and Grissom, they're heard about but never seen :lol:

Yes I'm hoping to see Greg's place this season, even Hodges since he finally moved out of Mom's :lol:

Yeah I wonder if any of his relatives live far away or have been there this whole time like Grissom's mom was apparrently

We don't have to see them but just to actually acknowledge he still has family around that might actually care to see him. :lol: Is that too much to ask for? I guess.

Oh probably is :lol:

Oh probably is :lol:
Yeah I know. I mean seriously, Eric has given 11+ years of his life to this show. He could have left to try for something else but so far, as we know he is most likely coming back this season. Couldn't TPTB give his character a little more lovin' and mention his family, show his place or give him a real girlfriend? I'm not asking for all...just something!

CSI has always been about the forensics and the cases. The writers were always saying that they try not to invade on the characters personal lives too much and personally I think when that happens it becomes too much like a soap opera.
Do we really need to know where he lives, what his bedroom looks like or how busy is social life is? It's about time that the show returned to its roots... although more Sanders air time is always welcome!

Do we really need to know where he lives, what his bedroom looks like or how busy is social life is? It's about time that the show returned to its roots... although more Sanders air time is always welcome!

We've basically seen every other character's home (other than Doc, Dave and Hodges that is ... and maybe Brass). IMO given this fact then yes, they should show where Greg lives. I'm not picky, he could just tell Nick or one of the others that he's moved into a new home and show them a picture and that be it.

As for his social life, I don't necessarily need to see that. If they want to give him a girlfriend/wife or whatever, they don't have to show her, they can just mention her casually like they do with Doc and Dave's wives. I'd be totally fine with that. But as for his home, I'd like to see at least a photo of it lol.

I don't think briefly showing his home or briefly mentioning his social life would take anything away from the show's roots. It certainly wouldn't take away anything more than showing other characters' homes or social lives in the past has done.

A lot of the times we've seen other character's homes, it's been as part of the storyline (Nick being stalked in his own home; Grissom and Ray both being sent home but continuing to pursue a case). Something like that would work better than just a casual mention or glimpse, I think.

As for the relationship thing - maybe it is 'unbelievable' that he (and Nick) has been single all this time; but then, we don't see much personal stuff, so who's to say he hasn't been dating all this time anyway? It's more fun when it's not shown, because then we can imagine it however we want (or as Cazz said, we can ship whatever characters we want ;)). I'm happy not seeing anything, or at most something like that phone conversation in Face Lift, where there's something there, but we don't know the details.

There were a few times this past season where he was really great at the forensic stuff (Cold Blooded comes to mind especially, with the range testing and the grass seed). I'd love to see more of that - show just how far he's come from his earlier days. I'd love them to bring in a less-experienced CSI (with a less experienced actor, not a 'star'), so Greg isn't stuck always being the least experienced one (Ray so totally doesn't count :rolleyes:).

A lot of aspects people talk about being soapy can be done in a non-soapy way, it's been done in the past on CSI quite well, it's all in the way it's written.

There were a few times this past season where he was really great at the forensic stuff (Cold Blooded comes to mind especially, with the range testing and the grass seed). I'd love to see more of that - show just how far he's come from his earlier days. I'd love them to bring in a less-experienced CSI (with a less experienced actor, not a 'star'), so Greg isn't stuck always being the least experienced one (Ray so totally doesn't count :rolleyes:).

Seeing Greg teach or train a newbie would be interesting!

I said pretty much the same thing in the Nick thread too - they've both come so far since the earlier seasons, it'd be great to have a newbie or two for the guys to pass on their knowledge/experience/wisdom to. Take some of their earlier scenes, but with the roles reversed now - so for Greg, maybe a newbie getting queasy on their first messy scene, showing up unprepared, or messing up evidence collection or interpretation, and have Greg be the one correcting or instructing them.

Going far into wishful thinking, it'd be neat to have Wendy come back as a CSI, and she and Greg could compare notes on their transitions to the field.

Sometimes it seems to me like Greg is a bit too much of a 'follower' (peer pressured in Redrum, helping Ray without question in Cello and Goodbye, and a bit with not wanting to take sides in House of Hoarders). I'd like to see more scenes like No Way Out, where he took charge of the situation with the boy's father (and showed great empathy too), and solved the problem, rather than just going along with things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back