Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Ray leaving, I really hope that means Greg will be able to get some much better screentime overall. I can't see Liz Harnois hogging the screentime, probably getting about the same as Riley got. So that means we'll probably at least get 1/2 a season of decent Greg-time until Marg's replacement comes in. (Assuming it's a big-star.)

I'd like to see Greg get some sort of story arc, he hasn't had one since Season 7 (AKBF does NOT count) so it's about time that he got one. I'd also like to see Greg doing more leading and bossing around, assuming Nick takes Catherine's spots that puts him and Sara as possibilities for Asst. Supervisor. (Although Sara will probably get it anyway. :p)

Seeing him emotionally affected by a case would be good as well, for example feeling empathy for a victim who gets beaten up. (Reminiscent of Fannysmackin') It would be also cool to see Greg get put in the hotseat with one of his cases, a bit like Warrick had with Invisible Evidence and Catherine in If I Had a Hammer.

Oh and most importantly it's about time we see where he lived. I think he's the only CSI whose place hasn't been shown.

The pessimist in me says that none of these things will happen. :rolleyes:

Yes I want to see where Greg's apartment :)

Also an explanation of him carrying a gun lately would be nice, Sara, Nick, or even Hodges since he was the one that asked Greg about it in No Humans Involved

I really like the idea of him getting emotionally effected by working a case with a vic that was beaten up

Greg in the hot seat I wouldn't mind seeing again, maybe reviewing one of his first cases in court or something

I agree with everything you said. I would love to see the same things you would, especially his house and maybe a family member. We've met Nick's parents, Catherine's family, Grissom's mother, and even Ray's ex-wife. Sara is the only other one we've not seen family/relation from. Or maybe someone from his past would be interesting too.

Yeah after so many years I've become pessimistic on the chances of some really good Greg stuff too.

Wouldn't mind meeting one of his relatives either :)

Someone from his past is an interesting idea- ex girlfriend, close friend, a vic or killer from a past case, maybe a relative

I totally agree with all you guys! Those would be great ideas for a story arc for Greggo, especially ones that would involve his past or get him emotionally involved/affected by a case; we've not really seen that except in maybe season 5 "Spark of Life" , and his story arc in season 7 . Also, as much as I love the Papa Olaf stories, I'd find it interesting if they showed Greg's parents, or at least revealed a little more about them in the show; I don't know why, maybe because he hasn't mentioned them much, especially his dad, and I'm just really curious. But if they only end up showing another relative or just someone (a friend or something) from his past that would be great too :). There's just so much about Greg's past in general that seems to be unknown that they could bring up.
Well, part of me also has a feeling that none of this will happen but one can hope/fantasize right? :D:D

As for replacements.....I'll probably give Morgan Brody a chance, if they end up bringing her in; she seems like an interesting character, and I'd like to see her and Greg interact, especially if they end up having good chemistry later on (not nessecarily romantic-wise). Otherwise, after Ray Langston, I'm kinda skeptical about the chances that a new character(s) will be slowly developed and gradually blend in with the team and not end up, dare I say it, hogging all the screen time from everyone. But then again, it does depend on whom they bring in.

As for replacements.....I'll probably give Morgan Brody a chance, if they end up bringing her in; she seems like an interesting character, and I'd like to see her and Greg interact, especially if they end up having good chemistry later on (not nessecarily romantic-wise). Otherwise, after Ray Langston, I'm kinda skeptical about the chances that a new character(s) will be slowly developed and gradually blend in with the team and not end up, dare I say it, hogging all the screen time from everyone. But then again, it does depend on whom they bring in.

I'm looking forward to some Greg and Morgan interaction too, she seemed quite quirky and would bring out the fun side in Greg :)

I think any leading new character would be given more screen time, it depends how it is done. Take Jo for instance on NY, she was clearly given screen time, but they managed to develop her relationships with other characters and incorporate other characters into her own development, so I didn't feel her increased screen time was to the detriment of others, IMO. That was part of the problem with Ray for me, until this season he barely interacted with Sara or Greg, so for us to suddenly feel that they cared about him felt forced.

I totally agree with all you guys! Those would be great ideas for a story arc for Greggo, especially ones that would involve his past or get him emotionally involved/affected by a case; we've not really seen that except in maybe season 5 "Spark of Life" , and his story arc in season 7 . Also, as much as I love the Papa Olaf stories, I'd find it interesting if they showed Greg's parents, or at least revealed a little more about them in the show; I don't know why, maybe because he hasn't mentioned them much, especially his dad, and I'm just really curious. But if they only end up showing another relative or just someone (a friend or something) from his past that would be great too :). There's just so much about Greg's past in general that seems to be unknown that they could bring up.
Well, part of me also has a feeling that none of this will happen but one can hope/fantasize right? :D:D

Hi Lilith! :):) Yep I agree with what you said

I don't think we know anything about his father, do we?

Morgan I could maybe see them making her a love interest for Greg or Nick, though not right away

I'm looking forward to some Greg and Morgan interaction too, she seemed quite quirky and would bring out the fun side in Greg :)

Me too :)

I think any leading new character would be given more screen time, it depends how it is done. Take Jo for instance on NY, she was clearly given screen time, but they managed to develop her relationships with other characters and incorporate other characters into her own development, so I didn't feel her increased screen time was to the detriment of others, IMO. That was part of the problem with Ray for me, until this season he barely interacted with Sara or Greg, so for us to suddenly feel that they cared about him felt forced.

I hope the new lead character is done like Jo, (really I DON'T want there to be a new one but that's probably UNLIKELY)not shoved down our throats and there's still just as much focus on other characters

Ray hardly ever interaction with Greg, Sara had some in s10 like in Better Off Dead and some more this previous season

Yeah with Ray, he had too many solo scenes working on cases or was always working with the same CSI, Nick. If they had teamed him up more with Greg and others in each of his scenes he might have been tolerable.

The only time Greg has mentioned his father was in "Gum Drops" and he talked about boating with his dad and the rope. That was it. It almost makes me think they have a strained relationship.

Yeah with Ray, he had too many solo scenes working on cases or was always working with the same CSI, Nick. If they had teamed him up more with Greg and others in each of his scenes he might have been tolerable.

I don't know, Ray probably would of just dumbed Greg down and bossed him around, that would have just drove me nuts

The only time Greg has mentioned his father was in "Gum Drops" and he talked about boating with his dad and the rope. That was it. It almost makes me think they have a strained relationship.

Oh yes that's right

I don't know, Ray probably would of just dumbed Greg down and bossed him around, that would have just drove me nuts
True and he did make Greg look bad in the second to the last episode by basically making him pick to be "Part of the problem or the solution." That scene still pisses me off. And then Greg should have been pissed that he took off after he helped him out anyway. Instead in the season finale he stood up for Ray. It was just so out of character for Greg to do that to someone he said just last year saying he didn't trust Ray. He pulled a full 180 the next season.

True and he did make Greg look bad in the second to the last episode by basically making him pick to be "Part of the problem or the solution." That scene still pisses me off. And then Greg should have been pissed that he took off after he helped him out anyway. Instead in the season finale he stood up for Ray. It was just so out of character for Greg to do that to someone he said just last year saying he didn't trust Ray. He pulled a full 180 the next season.

True about the 180 turn from this year's finale and last, though maybe Greg feels guilty for doubting Ray last year

"You can be part of the problem or part of the solution" What would you have done Ray if Greg had done something? Throw Greg off a balcony :scream:

At least Greg didn't cover for Ray like Brass did :scream::(

^Greg was doubting/not trusting Ray in Doctor Who

from Doctor Who, Greg: "Look, I really like Ray. I think he's a great CSI. But if he doesn't trust us, how can we have his back?"

In "Doctor Who" Sara was talking about not being able to trust Ray and Greg spoke up saying he liked him but how can he trust someone who does not trust them.

Morgan I could maybe see them making her a love interest for Greg or Nick, though not right away

I wouldn't be set against her being a love interest for Greg, however, I hope they take the time to develop her as a character in her own right before they even consider it.

While I'd like to see his dad on the show, I doubt they would die so the fact he's only mentioned him once, casual viewers aren't going to remember that so it would seen out the blue. If they delved into it a bit first, then introduced him, I could see that happening :)

Do any of you know of a great forum for Eric? I have been a part of one for a while but just went back to it and it's a great place and if you want the link then PM me for it

Hi Sharp52092 :)! Just saying hello back lol.

Anyway, you're both telling me :shifty:. Not only did Ray and Greg barely work cases together, but I personally didn't see any kind of relationship between them, so why would Greg even.....:confused:?? Well, what can I say, It just felt way too weird and, just like you said Dizzney, OOC. Pretty much all of the long time characters (Nick, Catherine etc.), with the possible exception of Sara (unless I missed something, I don't recall her being dumbed down at all during the last two episodes; at least she tried to stay neutral when she and Greg were working the case in the finale) were dumbed down/screwed with in the Ray/Haskell arc; I hope they're not portrayed that way again in the future.

Last edited:
I' m just glad Ray will be gone, hope if they get a replacement we won't have the same ol crap to deal with.

There are plenty of great actors who aren't big time movie stars, but have been leads in tv shows before. Plenty to choose from. I have a few in my head lol. Whomever they get, I am looking forward to seeing Greggo next season. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back