Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DA300789

DA300789 Hit and Run

oh this is good info here. kept me busy for a while reading that :)

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

frickangel, funny enough I've seen most of those articles before. I was once looking around too and found them. I think I posted them. Yeah and but he does seem to have a large extended family in Wisconsin still but I do believe he is the only Eric Szmanda. :)

3. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

True that, but if anything that picture from the Q&A section of the Milwaukee Sentinel just proves it is our Eric. =)

Haha, and I'm glad that I'm not just a little crazy for stumbling upon these--Dizzney already had. ;)

4. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Hehe good stuff.That's fun.Yeah i remember reading that t-shirt thing here before but the rest is new to me i guess.I said ''i guess'' because mostly my memory plays with me so probably i had already seen them but then just i forget :p i blame the heat wave if it is summer but if it's winter... see me talking ridicuiously now? Yeah blame the heat wave.

Heh Eric's haircut is... interesting up there.Nice!:angel:
    And a very nice video. I have been robbed a few times and i never saw a CSI like Greg.Damn! :lol: Thanks guys...

5. DA300789

DA300789 Hit and Run

yeah if there was a CSI like greg here id be commiting crimes all the time teehee :devil:

6. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

He sounds trashed in that video!

7. Dizzney

I think he was a bit drunk in that Chicago video, but it is funny.:lol:

8. DA300789

DA300789 Hit and Run

ive tried to watch that video but it wont load up for me :(

9. Dizzney

Sorry it won't work.

This week's Gregisodes:
    Gregisode: Fannysmackin' (Season 7) - :(
    Greg scene: Double Cross - Greg is back to work after his beating
    Greg scene: Burn Out (Season 7) – More aftermath from Fannysmackin’

Got some serious Greg angst to enjoy watching this week. I'll post my comments tomorrow.

10. DA300789

DA300789 Hit and Run

thats ok. its just the play bar it just doesnt seem to wanna load for me. im gutted :(

i do keep tying it tho maybe it will eventually play :)

11. AmericanHoney

AmericanHoney Prime Suspect

Is this the video you're looking for? The Museum of Science and Industry one? That link wouldn't work for me either but I've seen it here. Just click the link from that page. :)

12. Dizzney

That link I am sure will work better for everyone. :D

Well onto discussing this week's episodes. Fannysmackin' It was so hard to see Greg so upbeat in the beginning of the episode. All happy about getting his first jury trail (shocked it took so long) and then all chipper about getting to be solo on a scene. Too bad he ran across a beating in progress. But this episode speaks so much to Greg's character. He can't sit back and watch some poor guy get beat to death, he has to do something, ending up risking his life...a true hero. I remember first seeing this episode and almost freaking out that Greg was getting beaten and so afraid they were going to kill him off. So glad they did not. I just want to say I think Eric was fantastic in this episode. Especially the scene in the street, where he is so convincingly portraying being in really bad shape and then the scene in the hospital, where even though you really cannot see his eyes, you can still feel the emotions running through him in just his small movements and his voice. Kudos to Eric on this ep.
    Back to the street scene, I did love how tender Sara was with him there and how strong he was being in just telling her about the evidence and what she should be looking for. She came there for him :) I am also so glad they had the moment in the hospital with Grissom. I liked how Grissom sort of cracked a joke with him at first, trying to lighten the mood. This was the one time we really learned any real background to Greg's parents. Who would have known his parents were so overprotective and he was an only child because he never spoke of it before. And you can tell he still cares because he would not have broke down saying his mom was going to freak. I am so glad Grissom told him his parents would be proud. And then his last scene, starts off good because he sees the guy he saved and makes him feel good about the whole thing but then the the scene takes a dramatic turn when in the room next to him the guy he hits dies and he sees the family and their pain. Then Aaron James glares at him and you can see Greg's whole world falling apart on him in his face. :( I really wondered how we were going to see Greg deal with this after this episode.

Then in Double Cross we see him back to work, still showing his bruises (still wondered why he was not in a cast from anything, didn't he have some broken bones from his beating?) But you can tell he is not the same jovial guy he had been before. The scene with Catherine was so telling on how he was really dealing with it. Acting all fine until she turns her back on him and then that heavy sigh and that serious face returns. He does not want them to see how much it really is bothering him. Again putting on that brave front.

Then in Burn Out we still see some of his suffering, just not physically anymore. I liked Sara standing up for him after Grissom was a little harsh with him in his theory on the gasoline being able to trace back to the arsonist. At least he did have her on his side. I was so glad when his whole theory worked out and you could see that little bit of pride after he proved Grissom he was right. I also like that Hodges was teasing him but laid off a bit when he realized Greg was not really in the mood. I actually noticed that Hodges did not tease him as badly for awhile after that whole thing.

At least season 7 was the beginning of some really juicy/angsty Greg stuff. I'm hoping we get a little of that this new season.

13. DA300789

DA300789 Hit and Run

thanks that link is alot better :)

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Check out this pic of young Eric, I didn't know he was a Cubs fan and the mustache :lol:

15. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Ha ha, where'd you find that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.