Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, we need at this point (10 years) to see Greg's place. A photo of Papa Olaf should pop up too, but I suppose that might break the image I am sure all of us have placed of him in our heads.

I was just so thrilled to get a classic Greg story especially including his Papa Olaf. I do not think he has been mentioned since season 6. Can anyone think of a time since then he has been mentioned? Far too long! So we definitely know that Papa Olaf lived with him when he was younger.

I haven't watched the ep yet, but gonna watch it online in a bit. I'm glad to hear there was a mention of Papa Olaf. I have a few actors in mind that I could see playing him if he was on the show among them are Wilfred Brimley (Our House) or Eddie Jones (Lois & Clark, The Invisible Man) or maybe Clu Gulager (I think I spelled that right) or the actor who played Booth's grandpa on Bones and Gibbs' father on NCIS. Who could you see playing him?

I just watched the episode now, and I loved the Papa Olaf story. We definitely need more! I kinda picture Ed Asner playing him... :D

But how hot was Greg in that black jacket? *sighs happily*

I just watched the episode now, and I loved the Papa Olaf story. We definitely need more! I kinda picture Ed Asner playing him... :D

I was thinking him too, but I couldn't think of his name at the time. :lol: I wonder who Eric thinks would be perfect for Greg's Papa Olaf. :lol:

Thanks ever so much, happyharper13 - um, let me just check where you mean...

Ah, gotcha! It was a deleted scene from '19 Down' in season 9 - Ecklie had called Greg into his office to tell him he'd been promoted to a CSI level 3... :D

Ah, gotcha! It was a deleted scene from '19 Down' in season 9 - Ecklie had called Greg into his office to tell him he'd been promoted to a CSI level 3... :D

Really?! Where did you find that scene?

Love the pics and I love the fact that I am not the only one who loved the mention of Papa Olaf I hope this continues

Really?! Where did you find that scene?

It's on the Season 9 DVD set. There are a couple of other deleted/extended scenes too I think, but I think that's the only one with Greg.

I finally watched this week's ep last night. It was pretty good and although there wasn't as much Greg as I would have liked what we did see was great! First I love to see him and Nick work together and he always shares his stories with him, the Pap Olaf story was too adorable for words. All in all I was satisfied.

I was actually happy we saw as much of him as we did. I did not think we would get as much.

Yeah I love it when he works with Nick too. I still want to see the office they share together. We've only seen Nick in it, never Greg actually in it.

I got a question for all you Greg fans. If you could have some continuity on one of the things that has happened to Greg or he has talked about, what would you most like to see it about?

I know for me, it is from Season 3 and when he was burned. I still would like to know if he has scars from it (obviously they forgot about that when they did the shower scene in Season 5).

That and I would love to see something more about his Vegas History book. I would like to see that he was published, maybe not a big seller, but that he could at least say he was an author of a book.

Excellent question, Dizzney:)!

Hmm...well, frankly, I would like to know ANYTHING about him:), but a follow up about his book would sure be nice. Did he ever persue it, did he let it fall by the wayside, did he pursue it and then forget about it only to get a letter in an upcoming episode from a publisher saying they are going to print his book?

About his scars from the explosion in the lab and the Fannysmackin' episode, I would love to hear him talk about it. Anything that gives Eric a chance to emote makes me a happy girl :). I love happy Greg very, very much, but there is something about sad Greg that gets me too!

As a side note, a few years ago, I sustained first, second, and third degree burns on my left foot...it was bad...I was lucky though, could have been both feet! Anyway, the reason I mention this, there are some days that, though my foot will always have scars, the scar is the same color as the rest of my 'healthy' skin. The only difference is that the scar is shiny. Maybe Greg is just a really good healer like me :lol:!

I have often wondered why Greg reacts the way he does when children are involved in the crimes our CSIs solve...is it just a natural human reaction, or is there a backstory there?

Oh yes, and what does his apartment look like and what is with the stripes :lol:?!

About his scars from the explosion in the lab and the Fannysmackin' episode, I would love to hear him talk about it. Anything that gives Eric a chance to emote makes me a happy girl :). I love happy Greg very, very much, but there is something about sad Greg that gets me too!

I have often wondered why Greg reacts the way he does when children are involved in the crimes our CSIs solve...is it just a natural human reaction, or is there a backstory there?

Oh yes, and what does his apartment look like and what is with the stripes :lol:?!
Yeah I am a lover (and writer) of Greg angst, which is very rare for him on the show overall. I would love to see maybe the James family come up again and see how he would react.

Your point about the scars could be true. Plus he could have had grafts which mostly make it look normal too.

I think his is more of a natural reaction to crimes involving children. I think most people get upset about them.

I still want to see his apartment too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back