Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, Nick is definitely country. I remember having this discussion about the song playing when FannySmackin first aired. Some thought it was on the radio while others thought it was the soundtrack. I still think it was the latter.

I think he had the radio on, but wasn't really listening to it, like you do. He just couldn't be arsed to change the channel!

I always thought Greg was the kind of guy that just appreciated all kinds of music. I remember getting pretty psyched when he when he was talking to Nick about processing beer bottles and referenced Harold Melvyn and the Bluenotes.

Also, is it about time for a new thread?

New threads are made when 1000 posts are made, we are only a short way over 800. We have a while to go.

I guess the music conversation started basically when I said I just do not think we will get much Greg in the Rascal Flatts ep. I hope I am wrong.

Well, I didn't think he'd be in the Taylor ep as much as he was, but he had some really cute moments in it... so here's to hoping. :D

I'm just hoping he'll be in the episode on 11th March a lot, because I'll be in Florida to see it as it's aired for once! Plus the friend I'm staying with also loves Greg, so it'll be a major squee-fest if he is... :D

Where you going to be in Florida? I live in Florida.

Well the way they did the Taylor ep was different though. I did like how they featured Nick working with everyone at a separate time, that way it gave them all some good time.

I still want a Greg episode like that one Nick got. :(

That's where I live. :)

I'm already starting to have Greg withdrawals. Guess I'll need to watch some DVD's today.

Some thoughts about Greg:

He's said before that his mother was extremely over-protective and wouldn't let him play sports when he was a kid. So growing up, Greg probably didn't really get to be kid because of his mother's over-protectiveness. He didn't get to do a lot of what other kids got to do, which means he probably didn't do much more than study and all of that.

I almost get the feeling that since Greg was over-protected, he was more innocent and it sounded as if as he child he was extremely sheltered (he did say he didn't become fully intimate with anyone until he was 22 which is obviously due in part to his mother's over protectiveness). So being more innocent like caused him to look at the world with virtually innocent childlike eyes (almost as if he was seeing things for the first time) and sometimes with curiousity not unlike that a kid would have. Maybe that's the reason he used to be kind of upbeat, almost always smiling, etc.

After the explosion and the beating however, he didn't see the world the same way anymore. I think where before he may have had more of an "every day is an adventure" type of outlook, now it probably seems more like "every day is a struggle" or maybe a little of both (which is really the reality lol).

Even though I love how Greg has matured, I'm glad that this season, the writers have written some nice, happy, fun scenes for our beloved Greg. The bowling and the Henry's birthday episode, etc. But I do feel like the things that happened to Greg and the things he's seen that people have done to each other has hardened him somewhat ... and this may be why he seems more serious a lot of the time now.

Some thoughts about Greg:

He's said before that his mother was extremely over-protective and wouldn't let him play sports when he was a kid. So growing up, Greg probably didn't really get to be kid because of his mother's over-protectiveness. He didn't get to do a lot of what other kids got to do, which means he probably didn't do much more than study and all of that.

I somewhat agree, but I also think from some of the stories Greg has told Nick about making bombs and taking a joyride in Papa Olaf's car that Greg may have had a rebellious streak in him. He ovbiously did things that he kept from his mother and is outgoing and loved to try new things.

I do like the mature Greg of the later seasons, I am also glad this season we've learned a little bit more about him and he's aloud to be funny again.

I agree with what both of you said above. I do think Greg did have a rebellious side and hid that side from his mother because he knew how she would have reacted otherwise.

I think anyone as they get older who goes through rougher times tends to take like more seriously overall. And with all that Greg has seen and what happened to him, it was bound to happen. But he still knows how to enjoy life and can see the brighter side of things.

SpasmThatCat, yeah my name is partially due to living here but more so due to the fact that I work for the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back