Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good amount of screentime this week. I like Greg working with Sara almost as much as I like him working with Nick. :)

==

I just had a weird thought. What if Gordon had ended up kidnapping Greg instead of Nick? Greg doesn't carry a gun, so the part where he says on the tape "so put your gun in your mouth and pull the trigger" would have made no sense cause there wouldn't be a gun. I don't know why that popped into my head...

Last edited:
Well if you remember, Gordon threw the gun in the box with him. So for all we know he could have brought his own gun to throw in there anyway.

Did anyone else notice how unnecessarily harsh Catherine was with Greg? And with Sara she was fine..It was almost as if Sara had to smooth the conversation over by saying they'd go find more evidence. I'm starting to resent the way Catherine is treating Greg this season. I'm hoping there's going to be a resolution to that whole issue soon. They said Greg would get a new job, so here's hoping.

I didn't think she was harsh with Greg at all. Everything seemed pretty normal to me. She seemed a bit exasperated about the case, but that was it as far as I could tell.

In the begining she had some doubts about their theory but then when she said Sara and him to prove their theory she was seeming impressed i think. Whatever it is i like the interaction. Finally saw the last episodes.

Screentime is going good, Greg was great :)

Did anyone else notice how unnecessarily harsh Catherine was with Greg? And with Sara she was fine..It was almost as if Sara had to smooth the conversation over by saying they'd go find more evidence. I'm starting to resent the way Catherine is treating Greg this season. I'm hoping there's going to be a resolution to that whole issue soon. They said Greg would get a new job, so here's hoping.
Okay, I am glad I am not the only one who thought that maybe Catherine was treating Greg a tiny bit differently than Sara. I would not say she was harsh but there was some sort of tension there I felt.

Okay, I am glad I am not the only one who thought that maybe Catherine was treating Greg a tiny bit differently than Sara. I would not say she was harsh but there was some sort of tension there I felt.

I kinda agree, Cath seemed more receptive towards Sara than Greg. Maybe this is leading up to something.

FYI- more caps posted on the pic thread.

I'm thinking Catherine is still mad at him for his blow up at that scene. However if she is, she needs to pull him aside and ask him what's going on and find out what is really at the root of his issues. So far we have no idea if they actually talked things out since that scene.

I don't think Catherine's mad at him for that incident in Family Affair. I actually get the feeling that she doesn't take it too seriously... like she thinks its just a result of them being exhausted and overworked. She told Ecklie it was "just a spirited debate among colleagues" which doesn't sound to me like she thinks its that big of a deal.

I don't know. I disagree. I think she is still holding some ill feelings about him blowing up at her like that. And in all honesty I rather see it that way. It can make for some good scenes still upcoming.

And when she was telling Ecklie that, she was referring to the event in the layout room between Nick/Ray and her, not the Greg event.

Ecklie said, "I heard from some uniforms that you guys has a little dust-up at the scene" and Cath replied, "it was just a spirited debate among colleagues. My team's very passionate about their work." It sounds like she knows Greg's passionate about his job, but she also doesn't regard his frustration as a big deal either... or doesn't seem to. I think maybe she's now almost choosing words carefully less she incurr his wrath again, so to speak. :lol: She's almost seemingly walking on eggshells around him now.

Last edited:
Well that is what I meant about their being tension between them in that one scene in the break room with Sara. Catherine seemed more tense overall than Greg did in the scene though.

At first I just figured it was because the case was frusturating, but looking back on thursday's episode, I do now think that she was worried about Greg getting upset again. Though I wouldn't say she was being harsh toward him, just more like cautious. But it begs the question, if she knows he's not 100% happy with things, why isn't she sitting down and talking to him and trying to come up with some sort of compromise? Why is she just seemingly letting it go and waiting for another time when he gets so much frustration built up inside of him that he explodes again? :lol: I just don't understand why she's not trying to remedy the situation. Shouldn't bosses by nature try to remedy situations and come to compromises when their employees are unhappy? I just don't get it. :lol:

It almost seems like she's not taking any of Riley's constructive criticism and trying to improve (other than promoting Nicky). I mean is she trying to let things get so bad that she ends up losing another CSI because she isn't paying enough attention to the frustrations of one? Doesn't she remember when Sara almost left because she felt she wasn't getting enough respect from Grissom? And he had to buy her a plant to show her she's appreciated? :lol:

It almost makes me wonder if there's something else going on with Catherine that's making her most oblivious to things at work. Maybe something going on with Linds?

I would assume that Nick and Greg talked after that blow up since they were on good terms later in the ep and were smiling and laughing together and bonding over the spider. :lol: But I guess Cath didn't have time to sit down and talk to Greg and try to find out exactly what was making him happy and work on a solution to remedy his frustrations.

Last edited:
Well that is what I was saying basically too. I do not understand why she has not spoken to him yet.
Yes, obviously Greg made up with Nick because they had that scene and worked other cases since then together with no problem. But this past week's episode, in that one scene, something just seemed off. I do not know if it was done on purpose or we are reading into things but I do not think so. I still think she is harboring some ill feelings about the rant Greg went into in the first ep. But if she is, she does need to talk to him about it. Hopefully we see something of the sort soon.

I just rewatched the episode a bit ago and I thought Catherine's tone of voice came off as a little harsh to me. Yes I hope her and Greg actually talk about what happened and what they whatever they need to do to resolve said issues/problems. I really hope we can see the resolve for it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back