Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to give the writers the benefit of the doubt on this one, and assume that Greg's names for his grandparents aren't quite so formal. I know a lot of people have strange names for their grandparents, since they come up with names at such a young age. I'd guess that Greg just started calling his grandparents Nana and Papa Olaf at a really young age, before he could really make the connection that Hojem was their last name and Olaf was the first name. Or, perhaps, still thinking along those lines, his grandparents' last name really is Olafsen or something like that, but Olaf was easier for a toddler Greg to say, and is, as a result, what he stuck with. I mainly say this because I know my family abounds with strange names for grandparents. You can check http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/grandparents-nicknames.htm to see just how much variety there is in grandparent names.

Good explonation but I've never had doubts about Nana - surely it was granny, not her name. Nana even here is used. The only problem is Olaf which is in 100% male name. Maybe writers just made it 'cause it sounds Scandinavian but don't really care that Olaf is a male name?

Who knows about all this name stuff, it does not really matter. I just would still love for them to have Greg mention Papa Olaf again, even if it is one of the stories he loved to tell.

I was looking at writing credits for episodes that feature some good Greg scenes. Some are written by David Rambo but others have been written by Jacqueline Hoyt too. She seems to understand his character very well. She wrote "Leave the rest out" where they had the scene with Riley and him bantering about the S&M stuff and Nick telling them to cut it out. She seems to understand Greg's humorous side.

I watched Leave Out All The Rest yesterday. I noticed that she wrote that ep and I agree that she understands Greg's humor. It was a really good ep for him, and this scene with him, Nick and Riley was hilarious.

Too bad to took Riley to bring out Greg's humor which IMO the writers have lapsed on over the years.

Well it is true, with the exception of a few episodes over the past few years, Greg's humor has seriously been lacking.

Too bad to took Riley to bring out Greg's humor which IMO the writers have lapsed on over the years.

Yeah, they used her charatcer as a trigger to make Greg's humor back. Sadly they didn't do it other way. I like that his sense of humor back but Riley shouldn't be that necessary.

To be honest, I'm just glad his humour is back. Although like a lot of people I'd have preferred it to come out some other way, I'm just glad his humour is back a bit, it'd been lacking way too long.

I'm glad to have more of him on screen as well as some humor. Hey all the Chiller channel had a Freakylinks marathon on while I was recovering off-line and I finally got to see the episode Eric was in. I see why the show only lasted one season, it was pretty lame.

I'm glad to have more of him on screen as well as some humor. Hey all the Chiller channel had a Freakylinks marathon on while I was recovering off-line and I finally got to see the episode Eric was in. I see why the show only lasted one season, it was pretty lame.

We have this show here some time ago and it was late at night (what is not surprise, show really was pretty lame as you said Wojo). But I didn't see this ep where was Eric.

That's true:) But I always like to see whole ep, but all in all this show is not worthy to watch it. Anyway, Eric looked there pretty scary, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back