Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just do not understand why they hardly ever mention him in so many of these articles. He's been on the show since the pilot, give or take an episode here and there, but still. Plus I think his character has grown the most on the show. I mean when you really look back at season 1 Greg and now Season 9 Greg, he really has matured so much in different ways. Hopefully at the end of the show's run they recognize him for that.

ITA. Greg is the character which changed the most of all, I think - from a lab tech to a CSI, we saw amazing change of his character. It's a shame that press etc. haven't seen so "colorful" personality in this show. Seriously, changes in Nick or Grissom, Cath or Sara wasn't that big like it was with Greg,

I'd email tv guide, but I have excite and to be able to email anyone on excite you have to first add them to your contacts which is bloody stupid if you ask me. I posted a comment on the EW board under the Billy article. I could have been nasty given how upset I am by the fact that two magazines in the last two weeks have seemingly ignored and left out Eric, but I decided to go with nice instead. I asked them next time they did a CSI article could they please include Eric.

As for TV Guide, I don't know what to do. I hate sending regular letters cause they'd probably just toss them anyway. But this is at least the second time (that I know of) that tv guide has left Greg/Eric out. Sure they had a small pic of him with Grissom in the issue with Billy and Marg on the cover, but they never interview him like they do the others and it's very upsetting and frustrating as a Greg/Eric fan. The media keeps treating him as if he's some recurring labrat when he's been a full member of the cast for many seasons now. We need to let the media know that we're not gonna take it anymore! Now I have that song in my head. :lol:

I would like it if many years in the future they came on with "CSI: the new/next generation" and had the kids of all the CSIs/labrats/dectectives (meaning Cath's daughter, Warrick's son, and of course it would mean that Greg, Nick, Riley, etc would have to have some kids too) were all CSIs/detectives/labrats and every once in a while their parents would show up. :lol:

Last edited:
I think what annoyed me most about the TV Guide article was they talked with Wally Langham but not Eric. I have absolutely nothing against Wally but again, Eric has been around the show since the start...worked with Billy for 9 years and Wally has not. Paul G was left out too, which is sort of a crime too.

I think what annoyed me most about the TV Guide article was they talked with Wally Langham but not Eric. I have absolutely nothing against Wally but again, Eric has been around the show since the start...worked with Billy for 9 years and Wally has not. Paul G was left out too, which is sort of a crime too.

Yeah, I know, that made me mad too. I think though that it's partly due to the fact that the writers have written more scenes for Hodges and Grissom as opposed to Greg and Grissom. But even still, its wrong to leave him off. I think EW talked to Paul and Robert, but I'm not sure if they spoke to Wally or not. I just know they didn't talk to Eric.

Could it be and this is just a thought, that maybe Eric was unavailable when they were doing the interviews? Or maybe his agent said no? It might not be that anyone is ignoring him but rather bad timing or someone is saying no, I don't know why they would do that. Just a thought.

Yes, that irritated me too, and it was glaringly obvious that Eric was ignored.

Another thing that bothers me is that executive producer Carol Mendelsohn supposedly reads the CSI sites, and surely she must notice how much we discuss Eric and hope he gets bigger and better scripts. Is she so immersed in GSR that nothing else matters? If so, she is overlooking a rather large group of Eric/Greg fans.

Could it be and this is just a thought, that maybe Eric was unavailable when they were doing the interviews? Or maybe his agent said no? It might not be that anyone is ignoring him but rather bad timing or someone is saying no, I don't know why they would do that. Just a thought.

Well we did say that was a possibility earlier on, but it seems he is just left out a whole lot in the media things, especially this year.

I mean it could be perhaps because he is busy with his erockster website...having to interview all these bands and go to concerts...poor guy. :guffaw:

Or Eric himself may not want to do the interviews. It is possible, he wants to stay out of the spotlight or something like that. We just don't know.

Another thing that bothers me is that executive producer Carol Mendelsohn supposedly reads the CSI sites, and surely she must notice how much we discuss Eric and hope he gets bigger and better scripts. Is she so immersed in GSR that nothing else matters? If so, she is overlooking a rather large group of Eric/Greg fans.

After the next episode CM won't have GSR as an excuse anymore.

Yeah but I think when you are on a show you are obligated to do some amount of publicity for it. I am thinking he just really was not around when they conducted the interviews. Just like he is never around when they do the episode commentaries for the DVD's.

All this stuff is just so confusing - so many scenarios and no answers. I just only hope that is Eric's decision 'cause that I can understand. A thought that press is not interested can be a bit depressing. Nine years and they haven't spotted Greg?

The EW article didn't interview everyone, just Marg and Paul G. (Beisdes WP)

I found out that this TVGuide interview was only part one and it concludes with the next issue. Including questions to WP from fans. Maybe, just maybe there was an interview with Eric and it will be in the second part? We can hope.

Last edited:
We can only hope, that is true. Look we got more Greg so far this season in CSI...maybe he will be in part two.

I keep hoping that maybe someday in EW, since they do music stuff, they will have an article on him and erockster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back