Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't always have to be poor to get a scholarship. There are merit-based scholarships which Greg being a brain could have very well had.

It is true we really do not know what drives Greg besides just the excitement of the job. But now that he has seen so many horrible things and seeing himself and his friends be victims, he has to be driven for other reasons because I can't see excitement being one of them after all of this anymore. Maybe it is just helping catch the bad guys. I really hope after all this Grissom stuff is over with this coming season, they focus more on the remaining original characters and develop them a bit more.

I don't mean something like this explosion. We just don't know his personal view on cases like for example (and said earlier) Nick and child's abuse. I want something more personal, his thoughts. And also I don't mean fascination with all mob stuff for his book. I think about something painful, the event which happened in the past and has an influence on the current situation. That stuff is a part of all main characters except Greg.

Dizz, it's a good point. But he can't live only with his friends' problems. I hope you know what I mean.

Last edited:
I still wonder if there is not more to him not wanting to carry a gun than what he has said before (and in one of my fics I wrote about something why he did not like to carry a gun, it was something in his past.) I think that is something they could build on for him.

You don't always have to be poor to get a scholarship. There are merit-based scholarships which Greg being a brain could have very well had.

Ahh, see I didnt know that, I know that jocks can get a full scholarship like Nicky, but I thought it was cause Greg was poor!!

It is true we really do not know what drives Greg besides just the excitement of the job. But now that he has seen so many horrible things and seeing himself and his friends be victims, he has to be driven for other reasons because I can't see excitement being one of them after all of this anymore. Maybe it is just helping catch the bad guys. I really hope after all this Grissom stuff is over with this coming season, they focus more on the remaining original characters and develop them a bit more.[/quote]

I don't mean something like this explosion. We just don't know his personal view on cases like for example (and said earlier) Nick and child's abuse. I want something more personal, his thoughts. And also I don't mean fascination with all mob stuff for his book. I think about something painful, the event which happened in the past and has an influence on the current situation. That stuff is a part of all main characters except Greg.

Dizz, it's a good point. But he can't live only with his friends' problems. I hope you know what I mean.

Yeah I agree with you both, that after all the horrible stuff is done with we get to see more character development from Greg.

Cause like I said before he's gonna be one of the big guys now. Right?

Its gonna be weird for the actors. Cause of their closeness and the kinda like a family type- I wonder how Eric will bond with the new people?

Totally agree about the gun. That blank why Greg is not carrying a gun is a great option to develope his character. Maybe some personal reason? Something from the past? Yay, so much ideas and still not used.

I still wonder if there is not more to him not wanting to carry a gun than what he has said before (and in one of my fics I wrote about something why he did not like to carry a gun, it was something in his past.) I think that is something they could build on for him.

The whole lack of him carrying a gun is really interesting. And I totally agree it could be built on, maybe he's had to use a gun in the past (during his youth) and it's had an affect, or he's been involved in a shooting and seen something when he was younger. I'm not sure. I'd love for them to delve deeper into why Greg appears to not want to carry a gun. ETA: Gutted Deirdre beat me to it

sorry, I didn't make sense earlier, I know you can get the scholarships on merit, I didn't make my point very clearly ;) all in one sentence kinda thing (it's been a long day) but yeh, what was I saying? Yeh, scholarships. Or money. I think regardless of college/scholarships etc, just generally, I think his family would be sound financially.

Last edited:
Yeah I have never got the feeling he came from a poor family. I think he probably came from a basic middle class family. But I would love to know what his parents do for a living. I mean we know all about Catherine's parents, heck her mom and Dad were active on the show. We've actually seen Nick's parents once. Greg only mentioned his mom basically when he was in the hospital and that is the most we know about his parents. So little follow through and it is a shame.

Yeh, I'd maybe liked to have seen Greg's mom show up in 7x05, and have the whole stupid boy yet I'm really proud scene. Maybe a scene with Grissom, and her coming around to him working out in the field (which would take more after what happened). It would have been nice to have seen.

We know about Grissom's mom's hearing too, and Sara's mom killing her dad, as well as what you've said about Nick and Cath, and yet so little about Greg.

Yeah, Dizz. True that we saw once Nick's parents but we also know who they are. It's really shame that we know so little about Greg's family. It's really interesting what they're doing for living.

I'm not sure but his mom is Norwegian, right? I remember he has Norwegian surname.

Bubbles, I like your idea. It's really good and so nice. (btw, now you was first, lol)

Last edited:
Well ladies maybe that will change next season. Somehow I doubt it though lol.

I posted my letter to Eric~ I included an addressed envelope for a reply!!!

Well ladies, lets see what Mr Szmanda says, if anything.. When I have a reply (if I do!) I'll somehow put it up here..OR maybe someone else can put it up for me!!

Last edited:
Cool! Did you add a little note to Mrs. Szmanda?

I find it hard to post pics and stuff too candygirl, I think i've got it, then I haven't...

And we can hope it'll change next season. Imagine his parents being in town, and seeing him at a scene that's on TV or something, and they still don't know anything, that'd be an interesting scene...

I would just like anything of Greg's personal life to be revealed this season. I mean he seems like a loner lately. At least in the past he talked about him having a date or something. Now he is all work...all work and no play makes Greg a dull boy. :lol:

...and all play and no work make Greg an unemployed boy ;)

I love that little scene... :D

He has become a bit of a loner recently, or appears to be. I guess there could be reasons for that. Personally, I think he hasn't mentioned having dates or anything recently because maybe he's settled down with someone else now ;)

But I guess working in the field has changed him a lot, and he could have gone into his shell a little, and maybe someone could notice and that could be a nice story arc, maybe he's finding it hard (3 years into being a CSI) to keep cases away from personal feelings.

Yeah I think he really has changed a bit by facing crime day to day. I remember what Sara said in her last scene with Greg about how the job was getting to her. I guess it would get to anyone at some point and just everyone has their own way of dealing with it. I think Greg just keeping more to himself is one way.

Deidre, Greg's mom's maiden name is Norwegian but that does not mean she was born there. But I get the feeling her parents, meaning his grandparents were.

I could have sworn in "Let The Seller Beware" (that was the ep with the mildew scene, right?) that Grissom said Greg was of Scandinavian decent on his mother's side. But, maybe he said Norwegian instead. :lol: I'm so confused. As per usual. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back