Eric/Greg Leggo our Greggo thread #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a good story, Toots, but I really cannot see the CSI writers giving him that much of a story, sadly. And you are welcome for the link. :D

I also just realized as I have been listening tonight to eRockster (I often do at night) that Eric does a little spiel about the station and helping by rating songs when you listen and stuff. It's weird hearing his voice on the radio.

Dammit. In the Metal Rules! magazine he said his name was pronounced like Amanda with a Z; on the intro to SFT he pronounced it with a definite S sound; on the USA Today SFT sketch he again prnounced it with a definite S sound; now on erockster he's pronouncing it with a Z! Colour me confused!

Yeah.

Cause I'm Polish (that's true:lol:) I'm always saying his surname SHMANDA (it's stronger than me). But I laughed very hard when I read that in Polish we're saying SHMUNDA:guffaw: Believe me - A in Polish is always A, not U. And why it was compared with German? That's different language and they're not saying SHMUNDA too (I think, German wasn't my favourte subject in school:lol:). But true is that they trying to say it in more "Polish" way with SH.
When I watched a clip from SFT where Eric was talking about this project he said Z-AMANDA... hmm... confusing thing... I'll stay with my Polish version:lol:

I adore Eric's voice. It's hard to listen without seeing him but... ahh... This voice;)

Dizzney, thanks for the link to video. In TOP 20 I noticed few my favourite songs - "Mercury" by Block Party, "Great DJ" by The Ting Tings, and "What's A Girl To Do" by Bat For Lashes. Need to be more often in eRockster page:D

Last edited:
I also mentioned to SFT that I was sad I couldn't hear erockster in the UK due to them not having the required licence, and "T" said that they were diappointed too, but ClearChannel wouldn't pay for it. Whoever can actually hear erockster properly is so damn lucky.

BTW... I know that SFT are going to let me use their songs, but does anyone actually know HOW I can make a soundfile of their stuff and send it to my phone?!

I also mentioned to SFT that I was sad I couldn't hear erockster in the UK due to them not having the required licence, and "T" said that they were diappointed too, but ClearChannel wouldn't pay for it. Whoever can actually hear erockster properly is so damn lucky.

BTW... I know that SFT are going to let me use their songs, but does anyone actually know HOW I can make a soundfile of their stuff and send it to my phone?!

Same here. You can't even access the video choices :(

You could most likely find some free software to make that soundfile. Depends on what format you have it on already.

Wahoo, my friend is doing it for me :D

Hmmm I suppose the pronounciation changed so that people reading the name would find it easier to pronounce, since not many people would see "Szmanda" and think it was pronounced Sh... but I still wish he'd kept it the original way. Nevertheless, if that's what he's happy with, I'm happy too.

Cause I'm Polish (that's true:lol:) I'm always saying his surname SHMANDA (it's stronger than me). But I laughed very hard when I read that in Polish we're saying SHMUNDA:guffaw: Believe me - A in Polish is always A, not U. And why it was compared with German? That's different language and they're not saying SHMUNDA too (I think, German wasn't my favourte subject in school:lol:). But true is that they trying to say it in more "Polish" way with SH.
When I watched a clip from SFT where Eric was talking about this project he said Z-AMANDA... hmm... confusing thing... I'll stay with my Polish version:lol:

Well my last name is German, but the pronunciation has been Americanized so I am assuming that is the same with Eric's last name. It is funny when someone says my last name the German way though. It always makes me wonder where they are from. :lol:

That's a shame that you guys cannot get it overseas, but that sounds like Clear Channel for you. They do not always have the best reputation, at least in this city. They've been pulling good radio programs off lately and people have not been happy but all they care about are the ratings. :rolleyes:

Well I will listen to eRockster for you all! :thumbsup:

He's really not on the station much. I just first heard his voice on it last night. Can you not access the site at all? Or just not play the music? If you can't access it at all, PM me.

Dizzney, you just listen for all of us ;) But just remember us poor little people.. :D :(

I'm going back a page, because this thread seems to be moving soo quickly and my day at work leaves me reading more (I loved the days a month ago where i could sit all day and do nothing :)) But I do think it's annoying that Greg's storylines aren't followed up/ we don't know much about him.

I mean compare him to Cath ( I love her so I'm not complaining, but compared to Greg we know a lot more). We know and have met her mother and father, had them in active storylines on more than one occasion. Her daughter is around sometimes, involved, her ex husband, etc etc. What do we know about Greg's personal life? Hardly anything. It does kind of suck.

And it's strange to blow him up and only ever mention it once again, I mean grrr at continuity. i guess he didn't like seeing that woman covered head to toe in burns, that may have been a reaction to his being blown up.

Yeah that might have been but they really could have addressed it more directly. I loved "Spark of Life" but there could have been more to the story on Greg's behalf since that could have been him almost in the hospital like that.

Dizzney, problem is listening radio and music. It's impossible when we're not from States. And there's so many good bands... ehh... life... Just need to get to US, lol. Szmile, are you going with me?:lol:

And again about surnames - Dizzney, I would say your German surname with German accent (lol, only that I have after school:lol:). Well, you can be sure that person is from Europe...

Would be nice to know more about Greg's personal life. We know a lot about other characters, like Cath, how you said bubbles.

Last edited:
Yeh, they could have made it a bit more direct, maybe had him chat with one of the team about it, made him realise he was lucky etc. But I guess that'd have been asking a bit too much to give him all that screentime about himself eh? But then again, they do do quite a few things subtly, so maybe they decided to do it like that on purpose?

Deirdre, can I come too? :D lol

Last edited:
Yeah they do like to do things subtly but they always seem to do them that way with Greg lately. He deserves to be known about more after 8 full seasons on the show already. I mean we only found out he was an only child in Season 7 and that his mommy( :lol: ) sheltered him.

Yeh, they could have made it a bit more direct, maybe had him chat with one of the team about it, made him realise he was lucky etc. But I guess that'd have been asking a bit too much to give him all that screentime about himself eh? But then again, they do do quite a few things subtly, so maybe they decided to do it like that on purpose?

Maybe, maybe... But I don't think so. Again my pessimistic mood. They don't have ideas for Greg's character so maybe 'cause of that we don't know much about him. Well, next season can change everything... or not.

And yeah, subtly thing - 7th season and we know about mom. No, it's not definitely what we want.

Yeh, it's not great it took us 7 seasons to know a little snipped like that. And dizzney I agree it just seems like all the subtle things are with Greg. He deserves to have a bigger role full stop after 8 seasons. I mean like 20 seconds in chick chop flick shop, that's pathetic for a character they should know well after 8 years.

But we can try and be optimistic about season 9, I mean could it get much worse? Although, maybe Eric asked for less scenes? I mean with all his other stuff going on, he may just want a smaller part? I don't know, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back