Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Without you I wouldn't know what to do

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • 80% Hotness By Volume

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way, I can understand Emily, I can imagine it would be really embarrassing for her, because Adam is her good friend (but then again, she would get a chance to KISS Adam Rodriguez; I'd be happy to be embarrassed for a chance to do that). I'm convinced that they will get together. I know I shouldn't expect that, because there's bigger chance I'll be disappointed, but I don't care. We probably won't see it, but I'm sure we'll get something. For example, we've seen Danny and Lindsey get together as a flashback. I would like a real thing with EC, but there's a big chance writers will do something like that. I have a billion of possible scenarios in my head, but I'm sure none of those will happen, because writers will think of something completely different. And that's okay, I like to be surprised, it's just that this waiting is killing me. But, altogether, we should be optimistic, because we had some great EC moments in the last season and it will continue in the next one.

I just loved this from the "Wet Foot/Dry Foot" review and wanted to share :) :cool:

The supporting characters get rounded out a bit as well. Calleigh and Eric's close relationship is established with a flirtatious but deep conversation between the two. Eric asks if he can stay over at Calleigh's place as he's getting some heat from the Cuban community, and Calleigh's response is to jokingly tell him, "No midnight tiptoes." But the conversation turns more personal when Eric reveals that he, too, made the journey from Cuba to Miami--in his mother's belly. Echoes of the sexual tension that will be played up in later seasons are evident even in this early episode: the fact that Calleigh's first thought, after Eric has asked to stay with her, is to playfully tell him not to plan on any late night shenanigans.
Doing romantic scenes with someone who's your friend must be weird. I heard in a previous interview that they were doing these types of scenes and kept asking the people around them if what they were doing looked romantic (this was back in season five). So even if it's awkward for them they are great professionals and I know that when they get together they'll do a wonderful job, like they've been doing already ;).

In a way, I can understand Emily, I can imagine it would be really embarrassing for her, because Adam is her good friend (but then again, she would get a chance to KISS Adam Rodriguez; I'd be happy to be embarrassed for a chance to do that). I'm convinced that they will get together. I know I shouldn't expect that, because there's bigger chance I'll be disappointed, but I don't care. We probably won't see it, but I'm sure we'll get something. For example, we've seen Danny and Lindsey get together as a flashback. I would like a real thing with EC, but there's a big chance writers will do something like that. I have a billion of possible scenarios in my head, but I'm sure none of those will happen, because writers will think of something completely different. And that's okay, I like to be surprised, it's just that this waiting is killing me. But, altogether, we should be optimistic, because we had some great EC moments in the last season and it will continue in the next one.

Oh, I can completely understand how Adam and Emily could be embarassed. They are friends in real life and they've worked so long together without anything going on between their characters or themselves that it'd be a bit awkward.

I just read that review for 'Wet Foot/ Dry Foot' and I agree with everything that was said. I remember watching that episode a few months ago and thinking that Eric and Calleigh even had a little something going on between them even in the first season.

I just hope things are really done right this season. I mean seasons 1-3 we got plently of scenes with Eric and Calleigh together and then season 4 happened, and the show totally changed into something completely different. In season 5 and 6 it seemed like we got the old Eric and Calleigh back from the earlier seasons. So hopefully season 7 will be a good season for them. Even if they don't get together it'd be nice for them to still be friends. I just don't see that happening though.

I just loved this from the "Wet Foot/Dry Foot" review and wanted to share :) :cool:

The supporting characters get rounded out a bit as well. Calleigh and Eric's close relationship is established with a flirtatious but deep conversation between the two. Eric asks if he can stay over at Calleigh's place as he's getting some heat from the Cuban community, and Calleigh's response is to jokingly tell him, "No midnight tiptoes." But the conversation turns more personal when Eric reveals that he, too, made the journey from Cuba to Miami--in his mother's belly. Echoes of the sexual tension that will be played up in later seasons are evident even in this early episode: the fact that Calleigh's first thought, after Eric has asked to stay with her, is to playfully tell him not to plan on any late night shenanigans.
Doing romantic scenes with someone who's your friend must be weird. I heard in a previous interview that they were doing these types of scenes and kept asking the people around them if what they were doing looked romantic (this was back in season five). So even if it's awkward for them they are great professionals and I know that when they get together they'll do a wonderful job, like they've been doing already ;).

Emily said as much in one of the special features on the season 6 dvd's. The special recapped season 6 and what the characters went through and there was some talk from the actors as well as the writers about the feelings Eric and Cal have and how season 6 expanded on that. Emily jokingly said when the time comes ( and she motioned as if she were taking her shirt off) her and Adam will be awkard and embarassed with the moment b/c they are such good friends. She said when they do emotional scenes it is weird b/c they are close friends.

I think the fact that they both want E/C to happen and that they are close friends will and is what makes E/C more believeable and realistic. You can see that thier real life friendship helps and translates onto screen and in the scenes they share. It always helps when the two actors portraying the characters want their characters to be together. When you get a ship on tv that isn't truly wanted by one or both actors it can blatanly be seen (case in point E/N). So them wanting this very obviously is what is, has and will made/make this storyline so successfull.

The fact that it is awkward helps too b/c obviously it is awkward for Eric and Cal as well, since they are good friends too, to be intimate and open with their feelings.

The writers, as of late, with the ship have truly surprised me. Part of me thought it would never happen and if it did happen they would rush into it or make happen out of the blue. But none of that has happened. I really get the sense, and not just b/c I want it to happen so badly, that the writers are looking for this to be a very deep and possibly lasting relationship. You don't take this much time and put this much effort into getting two characters together unless you mean for something meaningful to come of it or come out of it. Stuff like that doesn't happen in tv today. So again, I think this could be something that lasts longer than a handful of eps or even a season, b/c the time and effort that hasn't been seen in a show in a long while, is being put forth.

Ok so now that I have rambled on, what do you guys think? Anyone else get that sense that this ship could last? Does it have the staying power that alot of shows have been lacking b/c they don't want to have their characters defined by a single relationship?

Delkolover said:
Emily jokingly said when the time comes ( and she motioned as if she were taking her shirt off) her and Adam will be awkard and embarassed with the moment b/c they are such good friends.

I like the motion :guffaw: She should do that.

Delkolover said:
The fact that it is awkward helps too b/c obviously it is awkward for Eric and Cal as well, since they are good friends too, to be intimate and open with their feelings.

I absolutely agree. It's very awkward for best friends to become lovers, because they know each other on completely different level and suddenly they have to get to know something about each other that they hadn't even been thinking about before. But, then again, relationships like that are usually the best ones. It will be awkward at the beginning, but then they'll get used to the fact that they are not just friends anymore and it will be the most mind-blowing relationship of their lives.

Delkolover said:
The writers, as of late, with the ship have truly surprised me. Part of me thought it would never happen and if it did happen they would rush into it or make happen out of the blue. But none of that has happened. I really get the sense, and not just b/c I want it to happen so badly, that the writers are looking for this to be a very deep and possibly lasting relationship. You don't take this much time and put this much effort into getting two characters together unless you mean for something meaningful to come of it or come out of it. Stuff like that doesn't happen in tv today. So again, I think this could be something that lasts longer than a handful of eps or even a season, b/c the time and effort that hasn't been seen in a show in a long while, is being put forth.

I must admit that I always expect my ships to happen and then I get disappointed that they don't. But, I agree with you, this relationship will be serious and lasting. It has to happen that way, because anything else would just be stupid. The writers have been building this very carefully, so I'm very hopeful when it comes to that part of the show.

I agree that the ship has been very well built, and I really think that Cal and Eric have the potential to have a very solid, comfortable, lasting relationship. They don't have to go through the awkwardness of getting to know each other and how each other works, they really understand each other as people and know each other very well, which provides a good base for them. Especially considering how different they are, as far as their emotional lives go. I think knowing straight off how the other person behaves, how they tend to feel and what they tend to do with those feelings, will made it a lot easier for them in a relationship. They're going to start off knowing when the other person probably needs some space, or when they need to be prodded a little, or when they need to be comforted and how. They start off knowing what peeves the other person off, what hurts them. There will be a whole new level of their relationship to explore and learn -- the romantic part, the way each of them acts in love, in a relationship. But they have a very solid base of who each other really is on a basic level, which I think will lend them strength and longevity on a romantic level.

Emily said as much in one of the special features on the season 6 dvd's. The special recapped season 6 and what the characters went through and there was some talk from the actors as well as the writers about the feelings Eric and Cal have and how season 6 expanded on that. Emily jokingly said when the time comes ( and she motioned as if she were taking her shirt off) her and Adam will be awkard and embarassed with the moment b/c they are such good friends. She said when they do emotional scenes it is weird b/c they are close friends.

I haven't watched that DVD yet (I have the set), but I think it is interesting that Emily said "...when the time comes..." and not "...if the time comes...". Hmmmm, makes me wonder if she knows something we don't. ;)

Jennifer said:
I haven't watched that DVD yet (I have the set), but I think it is interesting that Emily said "...when the time comes..." and not "...if the time comes...". Hmmmm, makes me wonder if she knows something we don't. ;)

Exactly! We should all think that way... They will get together and it will be the sexiest romance on TV.

Hehe I can not repeat can not wait! only 6 more days and the anticipation is killer! I sware I am gunna have a heartattack during Field Hockey or Soccer practice. All because I am thinking of CSI:Miami (EC to be exact) And if/when it will happen! Haha am I a loser or what just put a capital L on my forhead for all too see.

Ok, watch the special on the dvd, b/c I was paraphrasing there; I wasn't necessarily quoting so don't hold what I said that Emily said as pure fact. Although, I am pretty sure that is what she said ;)

Ok, watch the special on the dvd, b/c I was paraphrasing there; I wasn't necessarily quoting so don't hold what I said that Emily said as pure fact. Although, I am pretty sure that is what she said ;)

Goodness, I swear I don't remember Emily saying any of that in special features.

What I heard when I was watching Analyzing season 6 special feature that Emily said was this: 'God forbid something actually happens, because I think me and Adam would be so completely embarassed.' Which I mentioned that in an earlier post. But she might have said 'When the time comes' or something like that, but I don't think so. I'll have to re-watch it.

Anyway. When Calleigh and Eric get together I think they'll definitely last. I mean they've had years of friendship and they trust in each other and they've just been there for each other.. so how can a relationship not work? I mean, I understand that there would probably be a few problems here and there like there is with any relationship but ultimately I can see them having a solid relationship. Plus, Eric totally loves her already. There is no denying that. At least, that's what I think. Calleigh just needs a little push to get over her commitment issues and her denial issues. But I just can't see the writers building the ship up as much as they have just to tear it all down.

=O I so agree with you Cal is scared I think of what would happen if her and Eric whent from being friends to somthing more. She trust him so much and doesn't wanna loose his friendship. I think she thinks that if her and Eric don't work romanticaly that her friendship with him won't work out anymore. And she doesn't want that to happen because she loves him as a friend...And more ;].
The thing that sucks I think from Cal's prespective also is mixing a friend into a lover things can get pretty darned confussing and down right painful. And I don't think that is how she wants it to be with Eric. She needs to be honest with her feels rather sooner than later.There is never a good time to be honest with your feelings or breka a friends heart about it. Which is what I think Cal is afraid of doing aswell.Their frendship is so important to her she doesn't wanna start a relationship and loose her friendship with him he can read her better than anyone.

HEhe I think it should be like this Eric "I like you,you like me,should we kiss or let it be?" Haha wonder what her reply would be :p
Rant over *pants*

Last edited:
TV Guide's Ask Matt and Mickey answered one of my questions based on the spoilers from ep 708....

Many sources, you included, say that CSI: Miami's Calleigh and Eric will be getting closer, exploring their feelings, etc;. But what are the rumors I hear about Eric and the new M.E.? Such a turn of events just might send us 'shippers running for pitchforks and axes! – Jackie
Matt:
Hmm, Miami exec producer Sunil Nayar might want to invest in chain mail. As he tells the Buzz, "Since department policy forbids Delko from being with Calleigh, things between him and the new medical examiner (The 4400's Megalyn Echikunwoke) are strictly professional. But, then again, rules are made to be broken...." That not-at-all-subtle ellipse there is all the producer's.

Eric and the M.E. will remain professional but considering how they are building up E/C...that last little subtle part of Sunil Nayar's quote is about E/C and the possiblity, in the future, of them breaking the department rules. But that is just my opinion ;) This could go the other way and Eric could have a fling with the new M.E. but considering his track record with Natalia and when she was new, I highly doubt the writers want to get back on that merry go round. They will just be painting Eric with that same old brush again and pointing out that, even though he has changed even before and after the bullet, he really hasn't

TV Guide's Ask Matt and Mickey answered one of my questions based on the spoilers from ep 708....

Many sources, you included, say that CSI: Miami's Calleigh and Eric will be getting closer, exploring their feelings, etc;. But what are the rumors I hear about Eric and the new M.E.? Such a turn of events just might send us 'shippers running for pitchforks and axes! – Jackie
Matt:
Hmm, Miami exec producer Sunil Nayar might want to invest in chain mail. As he tells the Buzz, "Since department policy forbids Delko from being with Calleigh, things between him and the new medical examiner (The 4400's Megalyn Echikunwoke) are strictly professional. But, then again, rules are made to be broken...." That not-at-all-subtle ellipse there is all the producer's.

Eric and the M.E. will remain professional but considering how they are building up E/C...that last little subtle part of Sunil Nayar's quote is about E/C and the possiblity, in the future, of them breaking the department rules. But that is just my opinion ;) This could go the other way and Eric could have a fling with the new M.E. but considering his track record with Natalia and when she was new, I highly doubt the writers want to get back on that merry go round. They will just be painting Eric with that same old brush again and pointing out that, even though he has changed even before and after the bullet, he really hasn't

Thanks, Delkolover.

I absolutely agree. I really don't see anything happening between Tara and Eric. I don't think Eric waited for Calleigh for so long, just to break the rules with someone else.

Matt: Hmm, Miami exec producer Sunil Nayar might want to invest in chain mail. As he tells the Buzz, "Since department policy forbids Delko from being with Calleigh, things between him and the new medical examiner (The 4400's Megalyn Echikunwoke) are strictly professional. But, then again, rules are made to be broken...." That not-at-all-subtle ellipse there is all the producer's.

Thanks, Delkolover.

I absolutely agree. I really don't see anything happening between Tara and Eric. I don't think Eric waited for Calleigh for so long, just to break the rules with someone else.

Not to mention the fact the we would be going around in circles!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back