Eric & Calleigh Thread #22 - Oooooooooooh! Hellooooooo!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Calleigh definately wasn't expecting the kiss at all and I agree that in that repsect he made the decsion for her.

I'm sure Jake cares about her in his own way and on some level but he strikes me as the type who wants Cal b/c she is hard to get and to him she is a type of trophy.

The typical thing for the writers to do in this situation would be to have Jake hurt her in some way but nothing has been typical with this ship thus far; So saying that I could see Cal being the one to change her mind and break up with him! Hey everything we thought would happen and ever conception we have had about this has either been wrong or thought about too much. So I am going the easy route with this. :lol: Sometimes what is most obvious is often overlooked.

As for Eric and the bullet; that idea came to me when I was talking with Elicia last night about reasons why Cal would change her mind about having a relationship with someone she works with. Another way we discussed would be maybe a case changes Cal's view on the subject; ya touches her deep or something like that. Bur more than likely I see it being Eric's bullet.

2. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

The kiss was all Jake's doing, there's no questioning that for me. I was however very shocked that Calleigh didn't really respond to it at all. That's one of the reasons I mentioned wishing the scene was whole and seperate from the montage.

I guess the general idea we're supposed to get is that she was so surprised that she did nothing immediately, and then afterwards had no time to react. Seemingly Jake walked off and then Eric hit her like a brick wall.

How do you think she's going to be feeling about the incident now, and how is she going to handle it?

Oh, and by the way, maybe we should start thinking of a new thread title. You know how much we suck at choosing those. :p

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I was holding my breath all throughout the kiss, but I noticed a few things: Jake seemed to kind of ask Cal to lean in, pointing out something on his chin or something, and then he kissed her. She SO wasn't expecting it, although- and this hurts to type- she seemed to kind of 'get into it' midway, then get surpirised again.

Poor Eric...the look on his face. It must break his heart to love her, be in a small argument with her, and then see her kiss the guy she's been arguing with him over it. JAKE! I may like his character, but NOT with Calleigh! (GAH!)

And afterwards she seemed kind of shocked, like she stepped into the elevator and looked back at Eric and felt ashamed, like she would have never done that if it had been up to her. I really hated that. It was like he took advantage of her. *sigh* Maybe next season it'll pick up.

4. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I would love it if they did something with Eric's brain injury. Alexx said that there are still fragments of the bullet in his brain. Next season he could get in a fight or something with a suspect and he could get hit in the head. He'd be fine, but Calleigh would freak out like she was supposed to overreact when he got the glass shard in his finger.

I adore the fact that Eric is the damsel in distress in this relationship, especially for a show that treats women like defenseless children. It's like, Calleigh is his Horatio. I love it.

5. delkolover

I love it too..although I wouldn't mind seeing Cal put in the damsel in distress role at least once. She can handle the punishment....she is a strong capable woman; opposite of how the show sometimes portrays her. I wouldn't mind seeing her in some sort of physical or even emotional distress and see Eric coming to *her* rescue.

I wouldn't mind seeing her get into trouble either. I mean there is the perfectione she strives for and then there is just Mary Sue! Mix it up ya know!! She protects everyone and I would love to see everyone come to *her* aid for once.

6. midnight_tiptoes

Oh, I would love to see Calleigh screw up somehow. Everyone at the lab has, even Horatio. She's such a perfectionist, though, I'd be scared of what her reaction would be. If she quit when Hagen killed himself, imagine what she'd do if she messed up so badly that a bad guy walked away or something.

I'd love it, though. Calleigh angst is the best. No doubt Eric would be there to comfort her and it'd be interesting to see how she would react to that.

7. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

I think it would be interesting, I mean she's so much the protector for everyone else, it would be interesting to see everyone else rallying to protect her and her reaction to it. She really absolutely does not allow herself mistakes, so she would totally lose it, probably freak out and just shut down totally.

8. midnight_tiptoes

I'm thinking with Horatio and Ryan she'd be all business. She's never really been able to open up to Horatio, and she doesn't trust Ryan enough to talk to him about anything personal. Eric would probably give her space, and then confront her at the end of the episode. And then it would be bang-bang time.

Season 6 can't get here soon enough.

9. delkolover

That is why I want to see Cal make a mistake...b/c she hasn't yet and I want to see how everyone around her will react.

You know H would be all business but be there for her like he would anyone else. Who knows what Ryan would say; he would probably try and give her advice about how things would work out (he would know he has been in trouble sooo much lately)

Eric, I think, would rally for her. He would defend her no questions asked and be there for her like she has been there for him. He is the only person who would be able to tell her that "yeah you made a mistake so what?" And then of course after she is cleared and had her little break down she goes to Eric to "thank" him for his support :devil:

Midnight is right; Season 6 can't come fast enough!!

10. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I don't really want to see Calleigh in the damsel in distress role. I don't want her to end up being victimized (she already has to an extent, but nothing moreso). We've seen enough CSI women go through that. I'd love to see her make a bad error at work though. That'd garner an interesting reaction from her for sure.

There's just so many bloody possibilities! I think what I'm looking forward to most is to see what changes between them for them to finally get together. I've said it before, it's what I like about the relationship. Calleigh and Eric do not have to compromise their characters or give up who they are to be together, but it will require some growth and such. They challenge each other, and it always makes the other person better. It's such a strong fact that they bring out the best in one another.

So many times characters become almost neutured when they enter a relationship, but with this pairing, I think they're going to blossom. I can't wait to see their developments next season.

11. delkolover

Oh I definately don't want her to be the damsel in distress..although once wouldn't be bad. I mean she is as almost as invincible as H seems to be. She didn't even get a scratch on her when her Hummer crashed into the canal in "Going Under" So a little aches and or pain wouldn't necessarily be totally damsel in distress material. Do you get what I mean by the difference?

With most relationships on tv, when the couples get in a relationship it defines their characters and becomes the *only* focus for the characters. That so wouldn't happen here. Like Ali said, these two compliment each other and it would definately open many more doors for the characters to expand and be more dynamic.

Without sounding lame, these two are soulmates. They each compliment an aspect of the other without even realizing it. They don't have to try or work to meet in the middle...they are already there.

I still can't get that pic of Eric and the little girl out of my head! It was just too cute and way too prophesizing IMO :lol:

12. midnight_tiptoes

I think that was the point of their second scene in Born To Kill. Who ever thought anyone would ever stand up to Calleigh and call her on her bullshit? I was so glad Eric did. She was being really insensitive.

So yeah, they really bring out the best in each other.

13. delkolover

What I thought was great about that scene too was that Cal admitted she was wrong....she would never have admitted being wrong if it was anyone else but Eric. If it was Ryan she would have continued to defend her point but with Eric she concedes.

That and Ryan wouldn't have stood a snow ball's chance in hell if he stood up to her. A great example of that is from the ep "Deviant" when they have their fight about sex offenders.

14. midnight_tiptoes

That episode of Seinfeld about make up sex is on. I've decided Eric and Calleigh need to fight so we get some make up sex. Make up sex is good. Angry sex, probably better. Maybe they can do it while they're arguing and then again afterwards.

15. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

I'm watching 'Pro Per' and I think that there was some E/C there
    Eric trying to help Calleigh out but she didnt want him to
    i think that it was nice of Eric to do that
    but then Calleigh of course was about to pull her gun out on him:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.