Eric & Calleigh Thread #22 - Oooooooooooh! Hellooooooo!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

Yeah, I think at this point they're wait beyond the let's date and see what happens stage. IF they started dating now, it would have to be serious because they both already revealed they have deep feelings for each other. It's always hard to start dating someone after they've already told you they love you. Everything moves so much faster, and hurts so much more. It's gotta be terrifying for Calleigh, so so into being in control.

She's still in control, I think, but I think that's gonna change as she continues to work with Eric day in and day out. Their feelings are going to continue to intensify and eventually something will have to happen. Like you said, in the end not being together will hurt more than any hypothetical disaster that might befall upon their relationship.

2. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Yeah I think it will come to a boiling point and I for one cannot wait for them to finally reach that point. cuz like you said, they both know right now that they love eachother, and so now working with eachother day in and day out those feelings are going to build and build until finally they cannot be contained and they will bubble over and burst out of them and that is guarenteed to be SO Hot! :devil: Gah I cannot wait to see that...ohhh wow baby! :D :D

3. _____Skylar

They better get their shit together soon, because I want Calleigh to be the first pregnant CSI.

4. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

I know exactly what Calleigh is thinking because it's something that my soul mate said to me before asking me out due to fear that I wouldn't feel the same way: I would rather have you in my life in any capacity than not in it at all. She's thinking that it will hurt less to have him peripherally there than if she would lose him. And this is Calleigh, I don't think she's capable of thinking of herself in a relationship that DOESN'T end badly. She's trying to protect herself from what she sees as inevitable, and she knows that she's not strong enough to lose him. I mean remember in Man Down, the thought of losing Eric is the one and only thing that rattles her and sends her walls and control crashing down. She just can't see herself in a successful long-term situation, and she knows she can't lose him, so she's forcing herself to keep the distance that allows her the control she so desperately clings to. And I don't think it's even that she thinks Eric will hurt her, I think it's more that she's afraid of hurting HIM. Because every relationship she's ever known has ended badly, and he's too precious to her. She's protecting him like she always does.

I noticed during the kiss, she kind of opened her eyes a little, and it was like she wanted to pull away and tried for a second and like couldn't bring herself to, almost like she was afraid to. Which, considering her background, and considering that I at least see Jake as rather violent-tempered, she may have been afraid to say something to him. I think that's very telling too. And not like he'd hit her, but more like he's just controlling and maybe borderline verbally and emotionally abusive. With her history I can see her just seeing that as the way things are, because I am completely convinced that's how Hagen was with her, and how her family was, etc. But of course she's so protective that she would go all defensive at the slightest sign of someone she cares about being in that position. I think her logic would be that it's okay for her to be hurting as long as someone she cares about is not, not making the connection that it hurts others to see her hurting. But yeah. and then in the elevator she sees that she hurt Eric and she's like oh shit, and right there her logic is toast because she realizes the magnitude of the situation. But she's too terrified to do anything about it. I think she also realizes that while she has it all rationalized in her head, Eric doesn't see her logic, and so he's now hurting because of her, and she might have a block because it's so clear to her that she doesn't understand how it isn't clear to him as well. And because he challenges her and tells her she's wrong, that not everything is black and white, she has to acknowledge that she made a mistake. And now she's hurting because she hurt someone she loves, and that's not gonna go away easily.

Wow I'm full of it tonight :lol:

5. _____Skylar

Ah, Calleigh's such a complicated character. But we love her cause she's so kick ass. I love how in control of this entire situation Calleigh is. Leave it to her to treat this as if she were directing a play or something.

Eric is being so patient, too. That man is a saint. After marrying her and living the rest of his life with her, he's going straight to heaven.

6. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

That's a good observation, Mo. It does look like Jake had a decent view of Eric. I'm rather interested to know what Jake knows about Calleigh and Eric. Calleigh didn't make much of an effort to hide the fact that Jake was still somewhat in the picture when talking to Eric, so has she been as forthcoming with information about Eric to Jake?

7. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

Season 2 was awesome! You get Death Grip, Calleigh going to Eric to save her from ants, car scenes, Eric meeting Calleigh's dad, Eric looking at Calleigh's boobs and ass, and what more can I say? :p

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

OH MY GOD, I just saw the finale. :lol: I'm more than a tad late... and I just saw how jealous Eric was when he Calleigh talked about visiting Jake...

BUT HEY, I sure love the jealous Eric. :devil: So hot!

Then I went "OH MY GOD" when Calleigh kissed Jake and I was thinking, "That's not right..." :lol: It should be Eric instead!

But I'M SO HAPPY that our ship is kind of taking off as we are seeing Eric's feelings towards Calleigh now. They're stronger than ever before...

Hey, this calls for a fanfic! *Zips off to think of an idea.*

9. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Star wow...I don't have time to respond to everything you said, but that said...I totally agree with you! Seriously everything you said makes total sense and I think it fits Cal perfectly! I think those are legit (not good but legit!) reasons for her to be "pulling away" from Eric and now I can't wait for him to break down those walls and prove to her just how perfect for her, he really is!

And Ali if Cal talks about Eric at all to Jake I think he'd get totally jealous, Jake strikes me a the mean jealous type...and you know Cal wouldn't be able to keep her love for Eric out of her voice...so I'm thinking Jake "knows" and that's why he kissed Cal right there in front of Eric! :p

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

There is no telling if Jake saw Eric wathcing them but I wouldn't put it passed him to do something like that b/c he *is* the type of adolescent immature jealous jackass guy.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out next season. I do agree that if Cal mentions Eric to Jake he might get jealous. It is a small lab and there are NO secrets so I wouldn't be suprised if Jake has heard something concerning E/C.

I still go back to that look at the end of the ep....she is sooo unsure what to do but her look tells you she felt guilty about Eric seeing the kiss and that in her heart she wants to be with Eric but her head is still ruling her actions....that is something I think we will see next season...her getting over the issue of letting her head rule over her heart.

Something will happen that is going to change that view and unfortunately, it will probably mean Eric will be the damsel in distress again for some reason (more than likely the bullet in his head will cause a problem).

11. Abby

Abby Prime Suspect

I don’t understand Jake’s behaviour. Surely he knows that Calleigh has feelings for Eric, otherwise he would be blind, but all that he’s doing doesn’t make any sense.
    Is totally useless to kiss Calleigh in front of Eric on purpose and make him jealous. Jake knows that she doesn’t have feelings for him, when he asks her for a date she always refuses, but he behaves with her as if nothing had happened. Maybe he’s satisfied even if she stays with him without loving him, but it’s so stupid… :confused:

12. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

I'm not sure Jake thinks that far away. The guy strikes me as someone who is interested in instant gratification. He felt like kissing Cal and did it. I'm not certain that having Eric close by played a part. It was merely an added bonus :lol:

He is so overconfident that I doubt that he sees Eric as a real threat. I mean Eric and Cal have been working together for some time now, so Jake is bound to think that as nothing happened, nothing will...

Another thing is that he knows Calleigh, at least he thinks he does. He probably still has in mind the way she used to be at the academy. As he hasn't changed much, he maybe doesn't sense that she has changed. So he has a biased view of her (ready to fall in his arms and drop everything to be with him) :rolleyes:
    He might also think that now that he is back they can pursue their little story...

13. Hip_hugga_lovah

Hip_hugga_lovah Lab Technician

OMG delkolover I was thinking the exact same thing about Eric and the bullet still in his head. Something is going to happen causing some problems and Cal would be all worried. She most definetely would'nt be able to hide her love for him then. To see him back in the hospital would break her for sure. Uh Oh let the speculations begin......

14. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

That's an interesting idea, Jackie. I definately think there's going to be something that finally convinces Calleigh to let go of her fears and make a go of things with Eric, but I hadn't thought about the possibility of the brain injury playing a factor again. It could certainly work, especially after all the talk of hospital visits from Monday.

I really wish they'd gone into more detail about the brain injury. All we learnt was that it might affect his motor skills and give him some memory loss, but I'd have liked for them to clue us in on some of the possibilities so that when (and if) they spring them on us we'd know a bit about it. Does anybody here have any idea about the specific problems you could get from an injury like this, like what issues arise from damaged motor skills? I might put that info into a fic of some kind.

On that note, has anybody started writing yet? I want to, but I've got too many different scenarios running through my head right now, I need to settle on one first. I also want to make another fanvid, and probably email Corey too. We're all gonna do that, right?

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I'm writing! :D It's a post-ep multichapter fic. But it's angsty and there's a rather high possibility that nobody ends up happy. Again. :lol:

God, this triangle is just full of complications, isn't it? Jake, the bullet in Eric's brain, Calleigh's feelings and fears...so much drama, lol.

I'm still not convinced that Jake knows what's been going on with Eric and Calleigh. I don't think Eric had anything to do with Jake kissing Calleigh - I think his feelings for her are genuine. Doesn't mean he won't end up hurting her or whatever, but I do think he cares about her. As does Eric. And I think Calleigh genuinely feels something for the both of them, and I think if she had it her way, she wouldn't choose. She would just start working 24/7 so she didn't have time for a personal life, and she wouldn't have to choose between Eric and Jake.

Problem is, she just wasn't expecting Jake to make that decision for her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.