Eric & Calleigh Thread #22 - Oooooooooooh! Hellooooooo!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I haven't seen it and it takes every ounce of my willpower not to read these spoilers. I do know that this season has really picked up, and I'm hoping that it'll continue this way. We really hit a bump in the CSI: Miami road with season 4 and this season has been AMAZING. I'm proud to say this is my favorite TV show again. And they kissed! Hah, take that, TPTB, we're finally happy. :D

2. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Anybody else think last night was the most pointless episode ever? Oh, just me?

I wasn't happy with our scene. Maybe it's because we only got the one, or maybe it just felt awkward. Calleigh looked like the last thing she wanted to bring up around Eric was the fact that she was talking to Jake, and then Eric brings it up for her. Did you notice how she immediately went slightly on the defensive? She tried to justify talking Jake, but instead came across to Eric like she wanted to go out with him. And then she switched to case stuff pretty much without taking a breath, and then, I don't know if it is because she turned the conversation to the case, or if Eric really took a hit from hearing Cal wanted to eat with Jake, but his face fell. That smile was gone. I thought he looked kinda down for the rest of the scene. :(

But Eric saying "Good to see that smile"? Aww. :D And those are adorable caps, Leela! :D

The kiss? Calleigh looks, I don't know, tense? She does look surprised. Like Jake kissing her was the last thing she expected. Though if you pause it at the right time (yes, I am pathetic. :lol: ) she looks more in to it than in the other frames. Honestly, I don't know what's going on here. Other than poor Eric's gonna be crushed, of course. Speaking of poor Eric, does the boy have kiwis on his shirt next week?

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Did anyone else think the phone between her and Jake seemed totally forced and out of the blue? I mean I understand the need for it b/c of next week and all but seriously I felt it was just sooo thrown in there for sake of being thrown in there. The scene had been in the sides originally but since they didn't have any of the other build stuff concerning Jake it just felt out of the blew and forced. Like why and how would Eric automatically know she was on the phone with Jake?

Eric, didn't seem too surprised that she was talking to Jake, in fact he is the one who brought him up...I am sooo massively confused about all this. I guess we just have to wait til next week!

Cal totally looks shocked that Jake kissed her but you really can't tell if she is enjoying it or not. As for the line "You know I trust you with my life" I really feel that she is saying that to Eric and I really wonder in what context she is saying it to him. I really hope it isn't her way of letting him down easy b/c she wants to give it another go with Jake....URGH!! I hate waiting :mad: Who knows maybe she won't choose either of them!! :lol:

4. Abby

Abby Prime Suspect

Hey, I'm watching the caps, Eric and Cal are so cute here! Thank you, Leela...I really needed some E/C caps after 4 hours' study, I was going mad!

I don't know what appens in the promo, but I think that Calleigh kisses Jake cuz she is trying to ignore her feelings for Eric, but it's useless...Poor Eric, after the kiss he will really need an hug!

I totally agree. It never gives pleasure to see complications, but I had rather see complications than see Eric and Calleigh play fast and loose.

Oh...welcome sydneycsi! :)

5. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

It would be boring, but this is driving me nuts, too. I can't survive the summer, I just realized that. I don't think I will.

What do you guys think they'll be like when they finally hook up? For some reason I can't see them making out at the lab cause Calleigh takes her job so seriously. But outside the lab. Would we ever see them at the beach or something? Or hanging out at home? I have this scene in my head of them working a case in a great neighborhood and Eric sees there's a house for sale and he goes in and takes a look and loves it and asks Calleigh and she says she likes it, too. So he ends up buying it, and he asks Calleigh to go in and take a look with him, and then he gives her a key and asks her to move in with him. That'd be so sweet.

6. Sab

Sab Witness

Last night's E/C scene was kinda strange. I mean Eric's smile and Cal's smile and obvious discomfort at Eric knowing it was Jake on the phone was just so odd. I really think Eric knows how he feels by now and that Calleigh is sort of in denial. Jake's her safety net. Because she's a child of divorce and she really is a love cynic then it makes sense that she'd be ok with Jake. She can date Jake and not have to worry about getting her heart broken. With Eric, she can and has fallen in love with him and it's a different feeling. It's something new and scary in her mind. I think that once she realizes it's worth the risk or once she realizes that Eric cares for her just as much, she'll see the light and they'll finally get together. :)

7. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

I wonder if Calleigh is aware of Eric's feelings for her, though. I think if she were, she wouldn't have told him about Jake because Calleigh wouldn't break poor Eric's heart on purpose. So I think that while she's aware that there's a mutual attraction for each other, she doesn't know just how deep Eric's feelings are. That might change next episode, though. If Eric is heartbroken over the kiss, Calleigh is going to notice it, and she's gonna figure it out pretty quickly.

I don't know, I get the feeling she's gonna dump Jake next week. Just a feeling. She doesn't look too happy after the kiss and Calleigh's so obsessed with rules. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I wish the episode were super sized, then we'd get something more.

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I'd wondered that too; that was the one thing that made that scene so weird to me. Why tell him she's trying to have dinner with Jake if she knows how deep Eric's affection for her is?

But then, it goes perfectly with the theory of Jake being Cal's safety net, as Sab said. She knows exactly how Eric feels about her. She knows exactly how she feels about Eric. It makes sense that she would tell Eric about Jake, seemingly nonchalantly, in order to push him away, because she's just that scared of what she feels for Eric.

This is Calleigh we're talking about; I have a feeling she knows exactly what she's doing. The problem is that we're not gonna be able to figure it out, damn it, and it's gonna drive us crazy all summer. Gah.

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I completely agree that Calleigh was on the defensive when Eric asked her if it was Jake she was talking to. It all seemed awkward...she was all smiles when she was talking to Jake, and then the smile seemed forced when Eric asked her if it was Jake.

I get this bad feeling that it was Eric that Calleigh was speaking to when she said she trusted him with her life, and she was doing it to let him down...as if he admitted his feelings to her and she was telling him she didn't feel the same way (the 'but we can still be friends' thing). And, the look on her face at the end of the promo, as the elevator doors closed...I get the bad feeling it's Eric she's looking at, and it's the end of the show...leaving us to mull over "will they or won't they" all summer long. I sincerely hope my fears are all wrong.

Between the scene in last nights episode, and the promo, I had a hard time sleeping last night. Just left me with a really bad feeling.

And by the way, I'm new to this ship...but still haven't given up on my other ship (H/C). I do like this one and a part of me feels E/C work better than H/C...but I'm a sucker for romance, if either became canon, I'd really die (and at this point, I'm not so sure E/C are canon).

10. Sab

Sab Witness

I couldn't sleep last night either. I just kept thinking about the promo. Who is she telling that she trusts? Is it Eric, if it's Eric, why is she telling Eric that? What's the context? What with the look on the elevator scene? Was she looking at Eric? What's going to happen? It's completely possible that none of these scenes have to do with E/C and that's cool too, but if it is: What does it mean??? lol It's going to be a LONG week and an even longer summer...

11. StarDuquesneEMT

StarDuquesneEMT Rookie

You know what's pathetic? I should be freaking about not working since I haven't been able to buy food in goddess knows how long, but I'm so excited that I'll be able to see the finale when it airs :lol:

The drama will be the death of me, I swear. Please someone tell me they taped the TVGuide thing??? Please???

You know Calleigh might just be entertaining Jake just to be polite.

Elicia, where are your fics posted?

12. delkolover

Elicia's fics are over at ff.net under the pen name Elicia1. check out her stories they rock!! :)

As for last night's scene it really felt forced and out of the blue. I mean if they kept the previous stuff with Jake in the other eps then it wouldn't have seemed so out of the blue...but they didn't; so it did.

There is no telling what Cal is thinking when it comes to her feelings. She tends to be all over the place and writers writer her that way...don't know why though. You can only attribute so much of what she does to her background and upbringing.

I am not worried about Jake and next week. I am excited about it and while summer will be hard hopefully we will get some info out of Corey to keep us going.

Eric's reaction is probably going to be the hardest thing about monday as well as that "trust" b/c we don't know who she is talking to. Plus in the grand scheme of that promo we have no real idea where the "trust" line falls. It could fall at the beginning before the kiss or at the very end of the ep...so it is hard to tell exactly what the context is surrounding it.

13. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

Yeah I really did't like that scene last night. Like Calleigh conversation with Jake seemed really fake like you guys said. Also the whole thing with Eric was weird! :eek:
    Like he walks into the lab with a smile and stuff and Calleigh all smiling while talking to Jake and stuff. Then the whole denial crap like:
    Calleigh: If people would stop killing eachother, maybe Jake and I could get something to eat. :D
    Yeah her smile really looked forced like she was trying to hide something and y'all know she was! :D
    Then she couldn't look at him or keep a straight face and then Eric face went from happy :) to sad :(.
    I really felt bad for him and all.

Yeah like the way Calleigh was kissing Jake, she was surprised and sruff but it really seemed like she kissed him too long for something unconforable. Well we will have to wait for that.... Um the whole " I trust you with my life" stuff I really don't thing she said it to Eric sorry guys because of just the way she said it and all. I was thinking Horatio but I'm not sure. I felt so bad for Eric! His face was really depressing me alot! I really think he's gonna take it hard!

Y'all post me some more info on the finale please because I'm starting to dig myself a hole for my early grave here! :eek:
    I also don't really like the whole triangle crap just an't my thing ya know?! :D

14. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

"You know I trust you, with my life." Sure, it could be somebody else, but I think logically it pretty much has to be Eric. Calleigh doesn't trust Ryan; I think that much was obvious last night. Then there's Horatio - I don't think she trusts him with her life. I do believe she's beyond loyal to him, but I'm not exactly convinced that she would place her life in his hands over Eric's. Jake...I don't think so. Unless there's been some secret dating going on since Going Under, and it's serious to the point of near-marriage, which I highly doubt, given what they've implied about how their past relationship ended, I don't think she trusts him implicitly. And nobody else would make sense. Process of elimination says it has to be Eric, but that's just my thoughts on it.

Another thirty looks at the promo (lol) convinces me even more so. Both times that Calleigh has said a trust line, she's accented it with a "you know (that)." Trusting with your life and with every fiber of your being is one thing, but when your relationship is so deep that the other person knows that without a doubt, that's a whole different story. Calleigh's not an easily trusting person. She's gotten burned way too many times to trust that easily. I think it has to be Eric, simply because letting it be someone else would go completely against her character.

I'm not convinced that Calleigh is opposed to the kiss. :eek: Surprised, yes. Caught off guard? Yeah. But I don't see her fighting him. I don't see her trying to push him away. And it does look passionate. Sure, maybe Jake is a little more forceful with the kiss than he needs to be, but I still don't see Calleigh struggling. You saw how vehement she was about pushing Hagen off of her. I think that's the biggest thing that's going to crush Eric - not that she's kissing Jake, but that from his perspective, it looks like she wants it. And I'm not certain she doesn't. Not with Emily saying Calleigh is actually torn between the two (or whatever it was she said) and the way she just stands there. Ugh, I wish she'd do something! Just something with her hands or something to give away whether she's into it or not!

This stupid promo is going to drive me crazy all week.

15. delkolover

:lol: that is exactly why I am trying not to watch the promo over and over again...it will drive me even more crazy than I already am about all this :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.