Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW you can call me ignorant, out of the loop or what ever else. :lol: But what does toothing mean? :alienblush:

:guffaw:It's not your ignorance, it's a recent term, coming from the use of bluetooth. It's random sex with a stranger; e.g., seeing someone on the street that looks interesting, connecting by text or bluetooth, then parting with no strings.
:wtf:
BTW, I watched "Sink or Swim" last night, remembering it as the 2nd part of P. Diddy's guest role. I had forgotten Eric being brought in on immigration charges, generating more **yawn**yawn** Eric/Calleigh moments. I had to turn it off, couldn't bear another minute of it.

BTW you can call me ignorant, out of the loop or what ever else. :lol: But what does toothing mean? :alienblush:

I once had to ask that very same question, so you're not alone on that. I didn't know it had anything to do with bluetooth though. :lol:

already crying laughing!:guffaw::guffaw:
In my virtual dictionary English - Portuguese, says that toothing is related to teeth and dentures:lol::lol::lol: loooooooooool I was like "han?:wtf: what????!!! dentures:wtf:?"

already crying laughing!:guffaw::guffaw:
In my virtual dictionary English - Portuguese, says that toothing is related to teeth and dentures:lol::lol::lol: loooooooooool I was like "han?:wtf: what????!!! dentures:wtf:?"

I count my blessings that English is my native language, alexa! :)

With all the multiple meanings and usage of some words, words that sound the same but spelled differently and mean something different and all the slang, I can promise you that I'm not smart enough to learn it as a second language.

I admire and respect ANYONE who is able to lean English as a second language and communicate.

I'm severely challenged trying to learn any second language.

And I had no idea that "toothing" was related to bluetooth - but I do remember wondering why they called it that. So I learned something today! Thank you, inthewind. :)

I dislike the E/C romance too, but I haven't ever posted in here--- just read and lurk. I just HAVE to say the talk of 'toothing' has me giggling. Never heard that one before myself, but omg!!!

There are sometimes entirely to many slang words in the English language...

Don't worry, alexa, we don't know half of them ourselves... HAHAH!! :guffaw:

And YAY for you for even tempting to learn! That's awesome. I too, become overwhelmed when trying to learn a second language.

I once had to ask that very same question, so you're not alone on that. I didn't know it had anything to do with bluetooth though. :lol:
I'm not native English either, but I always thought it had something with the bluetooth system. If I recall correctly, Eric picked women chatting with them thanks to the bluetooth system his mobile phone had. He then did what he did everytime :lol:

Thanks everyone for the input. English is my native language, but I am out-of-the-loop on some of the slang terminology. :lol:

Thanks everyone for the input. English is my native language, but I am out-of-the-loop on some of the slang terminology. :lol:
Me too! Hahaha. English is my native language, and I respect everyone who can speak it as a second language, because it's hard! I can only speak english fluently, and for some of your posts, I couldn't even tell that English wasn't your native language cuz you all speak it so well!
yes that is exactly what he did. He lost his badge doing that if I can remember correctly.

thanks All for the support. I try to always understand you but sometimes it's so complicated :guffaw::guffaw:, it's not that easy cause you use many acronyms (? I don't know if this is the right word) as MIA (or something like that) or TPTB (they already explained to me what is tptb;))

Last edited:
Me too! Hahaha. English is my native language, and I respect everyone who can speak it as a second language, because it's hard! I can only speak english fluently, and for some of your posts, I couldn't even tell that English wasn't your native language cuz you all speak it so well!
yes that is exactly what he did. He lost his badge doing that if I can remember correctly.
Oh you're too kind :alienblush::lol:.....you know my teacher always said the forums a good way to try and improve your language skill.

Anyway, I've done some research and guess what Wikipedia says about "toothing"
Toothing was originally a hoax claim that Bluetooth-enabled mobiles phones or PDAs were being used to arrange random sexual encounters, perpetrated as a prank on the media who reported it
So I guess that the idea I had when first watching the episode wasn't that bad. Yeah I watched it dubbed, but also in my country they called it "toothing" and toothing in my country can only be linked the whole bluetooth system.
Well back on topic, that's what Eric used to do. He picked women with his mobile phone while still on duty. No wonder someone stole his badge during those *ahem* recreative moments :lol:. He's never been that mature during his life, hasn't he? Too bad that they had to reduce Calleigh to his level to get the two of them together :rolleyes:

ETA: Ups inthewind I didn't read your previous definition of this lovely new term :p

thanks All for the support. I try to always understand you but sometimes it's so complicated :guffaw::guffaw:, it's not that easy cause you use many acronyms (? I don't know if this is the right word) as MIA (or something like that) or TPTB (they already explained to me what is tptb;))
Oh don't worry alexa, I was out-of-the-loop too when they first mentioned them :lol:

Last edited:
I'm severely challenged trying to learn any second language.

And YAY for you for even tempting to learn! That's awesome. I too, become overwhelmed when trying to learn a second language.

Really? I speak three languages (almost) fluently and I'm currently learning two more languages. I think language is really easy, but I guess that it has something to do with genes etc. :)

As for the E/C situation, this is what I think should happen:

The promotional poster for the E/C spin-off
And the show without E/C!

I think it would be awesome! And, everybody would be happy! E/C fans would get Eric and Calleigh married with two kids, the picket fence and a dog (or whatever xD) and we would get our crime show back! :D

Last edited:
I can't see those pictures. In Internet explorer: When I click on the links, they come up and say IE can't load page. I tried in firefox also and it says it can't find the links.

As for the E/C situation, this is what I think should happen:

The promotional poster for the E/C spin-off
And the show without E/C!

I think it would be awesome! And, everybody would be happy! E/C fans would get Eric and Calleigh married with two kids, the picket fence and a dog (or whatever xD) and we would get our crime show back! :D
:lol: Love the presidential helicopter taking off with President Obama ehm Ryan saying waving a "bye" "bye" :lol:

Seriously, I don't think that their collegues would be that sad to see the two of them leave the lab and getting their own spin-off. At least they could work :p

:lol:For all you late-nighters, Emily Procter will be a guest on Craig Ferguson's Late, Late Show, next Wednesday, March 24th. :scream:Can't help wondering what she'll be promoting. Any clues here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back