Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Delynn good god, are you saying they could actually do it considering they've already done it on another show????? All I can say is holy cow!!!! :lol:

I never watched Magnum PI, so I actually don't know what you're talking about since I don't even know what kind of show it was, though I could guess it had something to do with the police ;).

If Calleigh survives this or, even worse, ramins in coma for more than one episode till Emily Procter knows what to do in her life, I think I'm gonna vomit and rip off whoever is watching the episode with me!!!! :scream:

No way, you can write this kind of crap for a soap opera, but not on a TV show like CSI:Miami. Even GA used that ghost in a far better way (even if I hated that storyline as well). While I can understand people seeing dead bodies during a particular stressful situation (people who flatline) or because something is quite not right with thier fried brain (see Eric & Tim on BBYD or Izzie&her ghost on GA), I really can't cope with the idea of Calleigh interacting with that ghost.

This kind of stuff happened also on X-Files when Monica Rayes was pronounced dead by Scully after her car crash. Still.....X-Files, as far as I know (well I watched all the episodes LOL), it is about paranormal acticity not science like this show is supposed to be!!!! So it is entirely normal for their TPTB to come up with this idea!!!!

At least, another great show like the Pretender (which still was a sci-fic show as X-File) didn't use this little (and I'm gonna add pathetic, but this is me :p) trick. They just had Miss Parker seeing a dead little girl, who happened to be a friend of her back from the past. All of this without interactions between the two of them (thank god, I'dd add!!!!). She had memories of the girl back from the past, she had memories of their shared moments....but, thank god, she didn't interact with that girl and, above, that girl didn't go through her body when she flatlined. OMG!!!!The more I think about this spoiler I just want to scream and rip my hair off :scream:

God, I think I'm too rational and I have a too much of a scientific brain to cope with this crap.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Seriously, if all this stuff is happening that you're talking about, I'm with you in calling it quits. I'll go ahead and buy the dvd's of S2 and S3.

I agree with mjszud. I was really thrilled with the first two epis, but things started to go downhill with "Bolt Action" (Best line in that discussion: "Who's the killer? Wyle E Coyote?") Not reading too much into this, but I've been looking at imdb.com, and I've noticed that many of the recurring characters are doing other projects. Wonder whether this is an omen, or if they're tired of being cardboard cutouts in labcoats?

Just a thought: Even though Adam Rodriguez was on the show a long time, he really should have made a clean break instead of stringing this along.

3. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

It didn't help when his fans keep pushing and demanding tptb and him to get back on the show for almost half a year and it is still going on.

This never ending soap opera is making a lot of people really, really tired.

I can never see Calleigh dying. No way. After they tried to kill off Eric, tptb & CBS sure got a whole bunch of hate mails and surely they won't go killing the other half of the tag team now. No matter how ridiculous it is, whatever they want, they get.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it depends on whether or not Emily decides to leave the show. She said before this might be her last season and that she'd like to see Calleigh go out in a body bag. So who knows at this point.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Did Emily say this might be her last season,or the show's last season?

6. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I believe she said both, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well anyways...

She probably wants the thrill of being in a body bag, since Horatio get to do it. Hey and he did came back to life. Also the ghost thing was also done before with Speed. So I won't be surprise now if she walks around as a ghost, going through objects and others not being able to see her and hey maybe only Eric sees and 'feels' her.

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

She did say both, Michya. And she said it as though she was speaking for the entire cast and crew. While she may be tired and want to move on, I would imagine a lot of the cast and crew are grateful to have a steady job for as long as it lasts and I question her motives for dragging others into her personal opinions.

Nothing would please me more than to see Calleigh exit in a body bag! How fast do you think they could make it happen? :D No chance of her coming back (unless they pull the pathetic "ghost" crap). Works for me!

It's been a long time since I agreed with Ms. Procter on anything. But on this, we agree! And the sooner the better! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, Flo, yes! They could actually make it happen. Although I can promise you they won't come close to doing it as well has Magnum PI did.

Magnum PI was a show that was on in the mid to late 80s and starred Tom Selleck (yummy!) as Thomas Magnum. Magnum was a private investigator based out of Hawaii. The producer was Don Bellisario. Some of his other shows were Quantum Leap, JAG and NCIS. It was a pretty good show. Lots of eye candy for both the guys and the gals! ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think she said "this may be the last season", but then said, "or my last season" as if she were correcting herself. I guess we'll find out soon enough. But Ausiello Files say that another season for Miami is "a sure thing".

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

^^:lol:. Man, I feel bad.

Well for me, if they are both back, I don't think I can stand watching/following the show as I am doing now.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You may be right, GNRF. But she also made a statement in an interview about "everyone" being tired. I'll see if I can find some time today to find the actual interviews and get accurate quotes - at least as accurate as the writer of the article was! ;)

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. I've been watching the show faithfully since the first episode aired and feel like I've got a lot of time and care invested in it.

I survived H/M, and the "Super/Dark" Horatio era that didn't thrill me at all. I did it with the hope that if I hung in there I'd see it all turn around. My impatience ;) was rewarded and this season I'm seeing the Horatio I love and the team that I missed, whenever I'm not having E/C shoved down my throat.

I just don't see that happening with E/C. There is no sign that they are going to let what, IMO, is an extremely boring and very pathetic storyline die. When there is no hope it's hard to hang in there.

I guess I'll have to make the call at the end of the season. But I'm not going to let them insult my intelligence any longer with promises of "resolution" and "closure" if none are produced by the end of this season.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't have the exact article, but I do recall her saying "it's possible this is the show's last season, or my last season" -- then she went on to talk about her decorating business & that when her role was over the first thing she wanted to do was get her liscense (decorator). She also claimed to have been asked to do some kind of sci-fi show that she seemingly had interest in.

If she's tired, & a few others are as well, then that may have been why she chose to use the word 'everyone' (instead of saying some of us, or naming who). I'm quite sure some of them are tired -- Corey Miller was tired of the same old thing as well, that's why he left to move on to other things. Ann Donahue rarely speaks of the show anymore, Barry O'Brien does....maybe Ann is who she was referring to also, or recurring actors, writers, or any one of the hundreds of people on the crew. The only reason I suggest this is because I don't see the rest of the actual CAST appearing to be "tired" of thier roles. If they are, then they're hiding it much better than Procter is.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well she more than once said this could be her last season, if not the last season for the entire show. Most of this is based on the fact she is tired, but she more than once hinted she's not the only who feels like this. She is entitled to feel tired because I can understand it (as much as I don't agree with it, it is entirely possible). What she's not entitled to, IMHO, is to practically hint how she's not the only one to feel in this way. I'm sure she's not the only one, but speculating most of the cast is felling like her....well it is a llittle bit too much from her.

I don't know about the other show she was asked about (if I had to be honest, I'd say I've never heard about it)...all I know and I can guess from her is that once she'll leave CSI:Miami and have her baby, she won't look for anything else. She may continue with her interior design career, but I'm quite sure she won't go on acting.

She also mention she would like to end the show with Calleigh in a body bag
    well....all these factors lead me to believe Calleigh would say. Otherwise everything I have said so far would be inconsistent...not to mention that Emily Procter would be the first one to sound inconsistent with her own statements

On the other hand, we have another actor who may have felt like her and may have left the show for that reason (along with the bad negotiantions). I'm sure that's part of the reason. But the fact his next show ("Ugly Betty") got cancelled doesn't entitle him to come back. He lef the show for good....but now he shouldn't come back whining because his show didn't go as he expected it to go. Same thing even if his fans asked him to get back.
    No way, I wouldn't accept anyone else from the show leaving just because your royalty Delko has to come back because Adam Rodriguez couldn't make up his mind :rolleyes:

But, then again, I'm expecting both the actors and the characters to go on like this...being inconsistent and selfish because of this so called romance or, even worse, this fantastic storyline :rolleyes:

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

Well, our nightmare has just become reality. Adam is returning full time in season 9; per his twitter. I can't even express my displeasure at this turn of events. But, as loud as his fans have been screaming; I am not surprised. So I wonder what is going to happen to some of the existing characters and the convoluted romance. Also, are they going to sweep the departmental rules under the rug; just to accomodate these two? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The news of Adam returning has put a damper on my evening.To return from work to that crappy news has just put me in a bad mood. :angryrazz:
    We all know the answer to that question is a big yes.Another season of E/C crap, unbelievable.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well at least I know that I won't be watching s9. Thank you very much for advising me :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.