Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was cruelly reminded of that while watching "Born to Kill", the S5 finale. In one scene, Calleigh was in a black catsuit and stilettos, gathering evidence on a sandy beach. While this used to be one of my favorite epis, it's now too painful to watch.

I know! When exactly was it that TPTB decided Calleigh should always be wearing black? I remember when she actually had some color in her wardrobe and a personality that didn't make me want to abuse myself. *Sigh* I miss old-school Calleigh. :(

^^ It was season 5 -- I clearly remember wondering if she had raided Pat Benatar's closet. The stripper knee-high boots came in around mid-season. If I remember correctly, there was even a comment made in tvguide about her "skanky" new look. Personally I think Emily Procter was just wanting to try & sexy up Calleigh --whoever's decision it was, it didn't work, she looked like a trollip....but then I guess that was fitting considering the storyline.

^^ It was season 5 -- I clearly remember wondering if she had raided Pat Benatar's closet. The stripper knee-high boots came in around mid-season. If I remember correctly, there was even a comment made in tvguide about her "skanky" new look. Personally I think Emily Procter was just wanting to try & sexy up Calleigh --whoever's decision it was, it didn't work, she looked like a trollip....but then I guess that was fitting considering the storyline.

:guffaw: You are two kinds of awesome! :guffaw:

Seriously, black on Horatio = good (though I personally think he looks good no matter what. I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the light gray suit though).

Black on Calleigh = bad. For the love of God, give the girl some khakis and a white button down. Something. Anything that gets her out of this Catwoman-wannabe phase. :scream:

ok I can't sort through this whole thread, but just wanted to say that while I don't hate on Calleigh and Delko, what I do hate is how tptb sort of brought it up out of know where... last I had checked there was a little something something going on between Nat and Delko (even thought she was pregnant at one point)..while they stopped seeing each other, he was very sweet and protective of her during the whole Nick fiasco... then Delko is in the hospital and Natalia isn't even seen paying him a visit... he wakes up and BAM is in love with Calleigh?? ... I know this was a while ago, but I am not over it!

I don't know but some are saying that the Kay Jewelers commmercial; just after the opening segment was a nod to the E/C relationship. Were any of you paying that close attention. Because I didn't see anything like that, and why would the jewerly company do that. I doubt seriouly that CBS is going to pay them to give a plug to a ship that by seasons end is either sunk or put on the backburner. Isn't CBS the one who decided to not renew Adam's contract? :shifty::wtf:(I usually don't use this one, but it is on of those moments).

I don't know but some are saying that the Kay Jewelers commmercial; just after the opening segment was a nod to the E/C relationship. Were any of you paying that close attention. Because I didn't see anything like that, and why would the jewerly company do that. I doubt seriouly that CBS is going to pay them to give a plug to a ship that by seasons end is either sunk or put on the backburner. Isn't CBS the one who decided to not renew Adam's contract? :shifty::wtf:(I usually don't use this one, but it is on of those moments).
Actually I did see that.The portion of Miami clip that aired with the commercial did show E/C.

:lol::lol::lol::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't understand if the commercial had a clip inside of it (people watching tv?), or was just the first commercial after a segment -- but either way I am sure CBS/CSI had nothing to do with it.

They can't put enough effort into the characters DURING the show, why would they use subtle messages, in commercials that have nothing to do with the show ??? :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: <-- this guy works perfect on this topic

I don't think the Kay commercial meant anything. They're always doing that kind of stuff right after the opening credits roll. "CSI Miami is sponsored by... [insert company here]". I just saw Calleigh. I didn't see Eric, but anyway they were working it wasn't one of their romantic scenes, so I don't see how it could mean anything. If they wanted it to mean something, wouldn't they use one of their romantic scenes? :shrug:

It's the implication in the commercial that means something, that's why those that ship the couple are talking about it and it's why that particular clip was used. Ad people know what would get attention.A clip of Horatio and Frank could have easily been used,but it wasn't. When the word love was used,that's when we saw E/C, there is a message in the commercial romantic scene or not.

It's the implication in the commercial that means something, that's why those that ship the couple are talking about it and it's why that particular clip was used. Ad people know what would get attention.A clip of Horatio and Frank could have easily been used,but it wasn't. When the word love was used,that's when we saw E/C, there is a message in the commercial romantic scene or not.
:lol:The clip was used by A&E to promote that Kay Jewelers was sponsoring CSI Miami for Valentine Week; it was added to precede the commercial itself, as it's the only recent romantic example on the show. A jeweler would have no interest in an action clip. It would have to be done by agreement with CSI Miami, Kay and A&E.

It was no different than A&E's ongoing promotion for the show, except with the romantic angle for that sponsor. I hope that makes sense to the quizzers.

:lol:The clip was used by A&E to promote that Kay Jewelers was sponsoring CSI Miami for Valentine Week; it was added to precede the commercial itself, as it's the only recent romantic example on the show. A jeweler would have no interest in an action clip. It would have to be done by agreement with CSI Miami, Kay and A&E.

It was no different than A&E's ongoing promotion for the show, except with the romantic angle for that sponsor. I hope that makes sense to the quizzers.

Thanks, in other words some are making a big deal out of nothing; including myself. :lol:

Just wanted to add that I was just watching last week's Criminal Minds last night and they showed a Kay ad right after the opening credits and it showed Hotch then JJ and then Garcia and then Morgan... and this just further says to me that the ad [for Kay during Miami] means nothing because JJ is engaged (or maybe they got married, I can't remember) and has a baby with Will and Garcia is dating Kevin... so... personally, I think they should have showed the clip where Will proposed to JJ, but they didn't (probably because Will never has been a main character, he's only a recurring one). :lol:

So does anyone want to speculate about the future of E/C? After the interview from Gary O'Brien it could go either way; he was kinda vague. I find it curious that AD wasn't the one to comment. She has been MIA since the end of September.

I feel this is going to be wrapped up soon; i just hope it is to everyon's satifaction. If E/C ride off into the sunset; so be it. If they stay together; all I can do is pray that there is no baby. I don't want TPTB writing some sort of baby kiddnapping; this could be more than I could bear. It would just continue the whole drama.

Well, according to my calculation, the e/c stuff will be going on exactly 3 years a few epis before S8 finale (counting from the time Calleigh kissed his cheek which officially started the "will they won't they" crap) -- 3 freaking years is long enough -- wrap it up & close this 3 year arc....that's what I say.

As far as the recent news, I honestly don't know because it seems to boil down to whatever is going on with Adam, & unfortunatly we have no clue.

All I can say is that I don't really see any writing out for him this far. :rolleyes: Adam keeps saying he still wants to be there, Emily says this might be her last season, Jesse look authortive in my opinion & also looks to be taking over second-in-command position -- so personally I could see Calleigh leaving before I could Eric....especially since the poor dear will face freaking death for the gazillionth time. :rolleyes:
Really I have no idea, but my thoughts on Eric investigating the team makes me think that this is just a little test to see where he stands - with the team or against them - and I could honestly see this little investigation causing him to A. quit the DA thing, or B. make him realize he wants to re-join the team. Either way, I see it as TPTB's way of leaving that door open to either him leaving for good, or returning full time.

My thoughts on Calleigh are that she's at a stand-still & has nothing left in the pot. If this life or death crap pushes her to leave Miami & the lab, then so be it, I'd jump for joy. While I can see TPTB still emphasize Eric's relationship with Horatio & the job (especially this season), I don't see the same with Calleigh - TPTB have seemingly cut all ties with her & everyone else on that team.

Overall, I'm wondering if this decision will actually be one of them having to decide to choose the team/job, or the relationship....one of them wanting to go, while the other will want to stay...who knows, that's just my thoughts right now at the moment.

Honestly I just want the show to move on one way or another -- I've had it up to my neck with E/C's soap opera -- it's done ran it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back