Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Thanks for being so patient. I was by no means trying to change your mind just wanted to jump in as I happen to be somewhat in the middle. I can see both sides of the issues and do agree there needs to be a happy medium. If they're going to do the relationship they don't need to jack it up and they don't need to shove it down people's throats. I guess I need to go back and watch S5 and S6 because while I feel like E got a lot of screen time I guess I didn't think the E/C thing did other than a few glimpses here and there to try to sell the relationship thing in S7. For myself I sincerely apologize for you guys having to put up with the mush and gush for two years. Having felt the same exact way about GSR as you did about E/C I do understand. :(

Very good point, Greatfan. Which is why I don't believe that TPTB need to be so desperate in keeping this E/C story going & going.[/quote]

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

luvcsimiami, you can edit your posts until 24hrs after you've posted it, that way you don't have to make two posts in a row. I figured you might not realize this since you're new. By the way, welcome to the site. :)

Calleigh used to be my second favorite character (after Ryan who is basically the reason I started watching the show full time- well the actor is anyway cause I was a fan of his from Special Unit 2), but the way the writers have written her lately has really bothered me. I don't want to bash the character or anything, but I'm highly upset with the writers for those times they did make her seem callous (the times you mentioned with the horse guy and all of that). This isn't who Calleigh is, so it was way out of character. I think they could have written this romance without making Calleigh look that way. The only reason they wrote her that way was to further drag out the whole "will they or wont they" scenario.

As for one of them changing shifts if they are forced to, I really hope they don't do that. I feel like that would be a ripoff of the Gris/Sara thing on CSI. Sara had to change shifts after her romance with Grissom was revealed. I feel that Miami has been ripping off enough of Vegas' storylines lately. The gambling thing with Ryan was basically a rewrite of Warrick's gambling storyline. The Ryan arc in ep 720 is basically a rewrite of Greg's storyline in Fannysmacking. The thing in Monday's episode with Horatio showing Kyle the dead body to scare him into never driving fast again is basically a rewrite of Cath showing her daughter a dead body in order to scare her into not hitchiking or whatever. I'm getting really annoyed with the rewrites from the other show.

If Calleigh was promoted to supervisor of another shift, wouldn't that be too much like when Ecklie split the Vegas team and made Cath supervisor of the swing shift? Although when Vegas did that, we didn't get any new characters. (although when Sara was switched to the other shift after her and Gil's romance came out, we did get one new character, Ronnie Lake). Maybe if Calleigh does get supervisor of another shift, we'll get to see some new CSI characters (more than one).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  3. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

How many fans should the writers cater to? As far as I can tell, it's insulting to you that they cater to some fans, so should they cater only when they've discovered unanimous consensus among their fans, or should they never ever cater, not ever? Or is it acceptable to cater to some fans, but not to certain fans? I'm rather confused about where you stand on this issue, so if you could clarify your feelings on the matter, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to argue about it, I simply want clarification.

Also, I'm not sure what you want to happen. Yes, this ship has been years in the making. Yes, they're together now. What I can't quite figure out is what it is you're implying you'd like to happen now. That the relationship fade into the background completely, never to be heard from again? That E/C breaks up before the end of the season? If you don't want it "in your face" anymore, what do you want? You say "the show must go on" and that romantic storylines are just no good... so what's your take on the direction in which the E/C romance (of which I realize you disapprove) should be taken now that it's finally gone canon (as of a couple weeks ago)?

I know that you ship E/N and C/J. That's fine. To each his own, as the mods say. I don't like C/J and I'm alright with E/N, but that's just where I stand. Would you want those ships to go canon again (because I'm fairly certain that I've seen you express a desire for them to go canon again in their respective threads)? If so, how should those romances be handled? What kind of consideration should be given to those who speak out against those ships? Should the writers care as much about objections against those ships as they should care about the objections against E/C?

I'm asking all of these questions NOT because I want to argue or debate about it. I just want the answers from you. That's all. These are honest questions and all I'm looking to get in return is honest answers.

It is a little bit about their personal lives. They don't sleep in the lab. They don't eat and breath crime scene evidence. They're people. Yes, that includes their interaction as a professional team, but that should also include their feelings as human beings. If it was never once at least suggested to me that these characters experience non-work-related feelings like the rest of us, I wouldn't react to them as much as I do now. I would feel more disconnected from them. I would wonder if the writers ever intended on representing these characters as full blown people instead of "the job". I mean, even in Law & Order: Criminal Intent, the two main characters, Goren and Eames, have talked about past loves or current endeavors to find love. It's a police procedural and the characters are fantastic without involving romance, but it's relieving to find out that they feel like the rest of us.

I've agreed before and I'll agree again. Give Ryan, Natalia, Tripp, Maxine, etc, more screen time. Give the actual team dynamic back to us. Give us more friendship and bonding and snarking and conflict and everything that makes them the group of different yet dedicated CSIs that they are.

That's too bad. I've been persuaded to "come around", to see the merits in ships I once thought I'd never like. But again, to each his/her own. If you've determined that you're against this ship and nothing on earth is going to sway you, that's a personal choice and it's fine with me.

4. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

GregNickRyanFan,

OMG thank you so much. No, I didn't know that I appreciate the heads up. Sorry for taking up so much space.

Agree with you totally about Calleigh. This was a disservice to her character and I hope they stay away from this crap in the future. She never struck me as the callous type and especially not something she would do to Delko. They need to not go there again with that.

As for Ryan I liked him at first but then he took credit for something Delko did and it went downhill from there. He constantly makes assumptions and they never really show him learning his lesson all that much. Just when you think he's got it he goes and does something that totally messes him up again so I've never really fully cared for his character. Although he can be serious comic relief sometimes. He does get some great one liners. Especially some of his interactions with Frank.

Actually I didn't realize just how many lines were ripped from Vegas until you pointed them out. Good Lord, these guys need some new material.

As for the night shift thing that's a good point. I didn't realize that's what they did with Gris and Sara and I'm hoping CSI Miami will be more original I really hope they will try to stick with it and make the relationship work and not do something stupid like have the characters turn on each other or fizzle out just to cop out on the relationship. Oh well all we can do is wait and see and for those who don't want to see it I for one hope they don't keep it in the forefront too much longer -- background is just fine as long as it's there....:)

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan has indeed made mistakes,as has Delko,they are both characters with a fan following and Ryan's fans want his character(as well as Natalia's and Frank) to get decent screen time.Perhaps Ryan's mistakes and what he learns from them are part of future development ,who knows.I do know from watching this show from the begining that Eric made some serious mistakes as well,and I still don't see him as some knight in shiney armour .The fact that Ryan has made mistakes shouldn't effect his screen time.His character as well as others just have the greatest potential,and some of the viewers really would like to see that also.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I get the feeling that we're gonna have sort of a Friends-like storyline here. Remember on Friends when Monica and Chandler tried to keep their romance a secret and each of the others friends found out about it one by one? :lol: I could see Miami doing that. :lol: Does anyone else get that feeling? I mean, it's clear that Ryan suspects that there's something happening between E/C. I think Frank does as well. Everyone else seems to be either clueless or oblivious. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't think they should CATER to anyone. I like seeing creativity in what THE WRITERS want to write, & what the showrunners want to see come out of thier show & thier characters - I don't watch Miami for fanfiction, & that's what it has felt like. With E/C I do feel that it was more fans than what TPTB originally had mapped out to do. If it had always been the initial plan, then I personally don't think they would have had to completely change the way they had already written these characters to make them fit each other now after all these years.
    TPTB can feel free to feed me all the garbage they want in telling me that this was a long time goal of theirs - I simply will not ever believe it - not by what I have seen take place on this show for the first 5 years....not to mention that word was they had this "idea" for Calleigh & Horatio at one time as well. I can't possibly think that it had nothing to do with fans considering it's always what I hear during EP & AR interviews - that is where I do feel insulted, not only for myself, but for everyone else to doesn't care for this romance.
    I think it's wise they touch base with what the fans might want to see, but I do not think it's necessary that they disrupt the aspect & interaction while doing it, & yes I think it has already gotten to that point.

Honestly? They could both lapse into a coma & I would be quite happy.
    I've just had enough of thier drama, plain & simple. They aren't what I want to see right now - in a relationship or out of one!
    TPTB have managed to break down relationships before...so...they can be my guest at this one.

Yes, I do have my ships that I enjoy, & part of what I really enjoyed was that it wasn't in every episode, & not nearly as in my face. As far as going canon again for C/J - I've lost so much respect for Calleigh that I really don't know what I would want between them now. For E/N, yes I absolutely feel that they should be given the chance to delve deeper into the relationship that had already started between them. I've made notes in my threads also that I don't want it in my face though - I also wouldn't want it anytime soon, only because I've had my fair share of the romance taking over this show already. I do watch the show for other reasons aside from romances.

It all depends on reasons behind WHY the ship is being objected. As you can see from these posts, the objections against e/c is about other things that actually are effecting the show other than just -"we don't like them" or "it isn't fair, we wanted [insert ship here]". I'm quite sure that's the sort of objections TPTB had to listen to during season 4.

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Tell me if I understand your meaning correctly:

"They (the writers and show runners) shouldn't attempt to tweak or change their plans in order to appeal to the fanbase or any portion thereof, but rather should be creative in whatever way pleases them regardless of how any number of fans, great or small, may react."

Perhaps the plan was to put them together AFTER major life and personality changes had occurred. I'm not trying to be belligerent, just saying that it's a possibility.

Since TPTB are basically the lord and master of the CSI Universe, I tend to believe them when they say "we've had ideas and plans all along - some we've put into motion, some we haven't". Like you, I don't think the exact progression of the show had nothing to do with fans. I think fan reactions may have promted them to tweak the timing of their plans or to alter the way certain plans would be brought to fruition. I don't think that fans have enough power over the writers to basically corner them into writing a romance where it was never ever intended to be, after which the writers would lie about their original intentions. I think actress pregnancies make plot/romance changes necessary (see Danny/Lindsay), and I think personal problems and failed negotiations may prompt cast changes (see Warrick Brown and Sara Sidle), but again, I don't think fans have THAT much power.

Obviously you think otherwise. *shrug* OK. We believe different things about the writers.

Why should they "touch base with what the fans might want to see" if they should not ever ever cater to the fans? This seems like a discrepancy. Have I not understood you correctly?

You want the E/C relationship to break down, then. How soon? And how soon after that would you want Eric and Natalia to get back together? You don't want them together immediately, so... beginning of next season? Middle of next season? Just wondering.

Also, how does your desire for E/N to (eventually) go canon work with your assertion that romantic storylines in a show like this are redundant and restrictive? By the way, if that's not the jist of your assertion, let me know. I don't want to misrepresent what you've said.

The objections should have something to do with how the romance effects the show rather than the romance in and of itself?

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

And perhaps it wasn't. I agree with mjszud. If the E/C romance was planned from the beginning they wouldn't have had to completely change the characters to force this romance scenario. Like mjszud, I also heard that in the first couple of seasons H/C was seriously considered.

Just curious. If it wasn't your 'ship that had just come in and being promoted from every mountain top, would you still be so quick to believe and defend everything TPTB say?

I believe TPTB are trying to bring in the target demographic. That demographic is the 18-49 age group. That is who the E/C relationship is aimed at. They could care less how any fan who doesn't fit into that demographic feels about anything they do. That's just life. It's not their fault and it's not ours. That the age group the advertisers want to reach. It's the bottom dollar.

I would hazard a guess if you were to take a poll of the age group of most E/C shippers you would find that most are tweeners - teenage/young adult women. That's who they are trying to please right now. Not only do they fit into the demographic, they are also the most vocal group in support of this particular 'ship.

I know that question is intended for mjszud, but it truly and sincerely doesn't matter what the we who don't care for the E/C 'ship want. And since I'm not in support of any 'ship, if they were to end this relationship I'd prefer that they get back to business.

You know, I really don't see the individuals who dislike the E/C 'ship as trying to get shippers to reconsider or change their minds about something the shippers see as a wonderful event.

I might not have minded these two getting together if doing so hadn't meant the total destruction of the characters I'd grown to care and respect, as well as the destruction of the team. The team doesn't even exist any more because apparently it's more important to hook Calleigh and Eric up.

I don't know that anything they can do would turn that around for me now. I completely, totally and intensely dislike this E/C hook up. I don't know that I'll ever respect Calleigh again. It's reached a point where, for me, it's difficult to even watch scenes with her character - with or without Eric. And I'm well on the way to feeling the same way about Eric.

As has been stated multiple times throughout this thread, people who dislike the E/C ship have indicated numerous reasons we feel are valid for feeling the way we do.

Just as the shippers have.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I feel like I'm running circles here.

Tweak, yes. Change dramatically, no.

I didn't necessarily say that fans have that power. It came off to me that TPTB became desperate....maybe to keep thier ratings, or maybe to keep up with the other CSI shows - I don't really know, but the way they have pushed, teased, & milked it the way they have - yes I do think to some extent they felt they needed a "jump the shark" moment, & e/c fans were vocal, so this is what TPTB resorted to.

Touching base with what vocal fans want would be like how a lot of people wanted to see Horatio back doing lab work, & we've seen more of it now, but TPTB are still continuing to develop him the way that they intended - it's touching base with something fans speak of wanting, but not to extent of fully delivering what it is they all want.

Touching base would also be like fans who wanted to see a couple interact more....like there are a lot of fans who love the interaction between Ryan & Calleigh - touching base with that would be to throw them "bones" every now & again with a few meaningful & fun scenes...the kind of stuff they would want to see even if they couldn't have them romantically involved.

Catering is more or less giving the fans everything they desire & that I don't think any show should do.....do you see the difference now?

Sorry, but I'm not going to get into that discussion here. It doesn't belong in this thread. My thoughts are usually in that designated thread - you'll find them there.

I think you've just misunderstood me. I don't think ALL romantic storylines should be excluded from crime shows. However, when it comes to a romantic storyline that has interfered with other things (the list goes on in here) then I do find it to be crossing that line between crime show & soap opera. I'm sorry if you don't understand that.
    I think it's fine to put forward a romance that is subtle & in the background as long as it isn't what is "front page" of the CSI:Miami series, & as long as it doesn't take away the other characters screentime & interaction.

When it's something that is that focused on, the love story has already been written & has come to a complete head - then that is when I see that it becomes redundant for this type of show to throw out the back & forth obstacles for said couple. Yes, E/N had thier share of a few conflicts, but the relationship in itself didn't fully develop & that's where I see a difference in terms of a couple becoming redundant.

H/Y carried on for years as well, & amounted to nothing but her leaving. Do I think it would be redundant to allow some exploring with those 2 later on? Absolutely NOT - there is still something there that could & needs to be fully explored with that part of Miami's "story".
    & I don't even ship them, but I do see it as part of the entire picture & I wouldn't be appauled if they finally had them figuring out where they stand in each others lives....that is if it didn't take the show away, of course.
    Do you see what I'm getting at here? I hope so, cause to tell you the truth I have a very bad headache now. :p

11. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Yep. That's why I went with "possibility".

Can't say I agree with the claim that these two characters have "completely changed" or that the ship seems "forced", so I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

Yep. I'll defend what they say but not necessarily what they've done. I didn't like H/M. Thought it came straight out of left field and was nothing more than a major plot device for H and Eric. I don't read or watch much media on CSI Miami so I don't know what the writers had to say about it, or what kind of promos/interviews we got, but if the writers said that they intended for it to be a genuine romance, I'd believe them. That doesn't mean I'd be convinced to feel as though it was a true romance, but I'd take them at their word - that their intentions went one way and I reacted in another way.

I agree that they're trying to create a show that a lot of people will watch. I agree that they're trying to include elements that will appeal to a broad fan base and to particular demographics. That doesn't convince me of the "after this, therefore because of this" argument, that Calleigh and Eric came to fruition after certain portions of the fanbase expressed interest in it and therefore the aforementioned portion of the fanbase was the primary motivating factor in the go-ahead of blatant E/C. I believe the writers have had several ideas and plans from the beginning (as they've said), that some were scrapped and some were kept, and that while H/C fell to the cutting room floor, E/C made it through. I believe major changes to several of the characters was also part of the plan. Horatio has certainly evolved over the seasons and I'm guessing it wasn't by accident. Same with Ryan. Same with Eric. Same with Calleigh.

You believe differently, so again I suppose we have to agree to disagree.

In this respect, I think the romance as the writers have allowed it to influence the team dynamic could have been managed much better. I don't like that the team has splintered so drastically. I will always agree with this point and again, in a criticism of what the writers have done, I think they handled this aspect poorly and need to get back on their game. I don't think the E/C romance necessarily had to've been cut altogether to maintain team unity, but I believe there could've been more of a coexistence between the two elements of the show.

Fine with me. I don't need you to support the ship. I don't feel an obligation to support a lot of other ships, so I can certainly understand your feelings in this regard. My reason for being here is to better understand the objections and to engage in discussion to find out if the objections are in fact valid and unembellished.

I know. I usually piss people off by requesting a lot of clarification on what they've said and affirmation that I've understood correctly. I just like to make sure that we're on the same page so that we don't get deep into a conversation and realize pages later that we've been opperating under false assumptions and misunderstandings.

That, to me, sounds like the fanbase exerting a measure of power over TPTB regardless of whether or not they (the fans) are aware of their power. Refering back to what I told Delynn, I think the writers may have tweaked their plans, but did not drastically alter their plans, in response to fan input.

But since we don't see this the same way, we'll have to agree to disagree just like Delynn and I.

Yes I do. Thanks for the clarification.

No, I get that. I regret that the team dynamic suffered during the last few seasons and think that the writers could've handled it a lot better. I covered this in my response to Delynn.

I think I do mostly understand you... and I just have one more question. I'm sorry! :(

What has been fully addressed in the E/C ship that could/should be further explored in "underdeveloped" ships? This isn't so much a request for clarification as it is for elaboration. If you don't want to, that's fine. You're under no obligation to continue this conversation.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Personally, I've had very bad experiences with show writers (not necessarily CSI shows, but others), so I can't bring myself to trust anything any of the tv show writers say no matter how much I may want to. :lol:

I don't know if everyone knows this or not, but back several seasons ago, one of tptb at Miami, I believe it was Ann Donahue, but not totally positive... anyway, she said that Horatio would almost die (and this was way before last season's finale). When that particular episode came along, he didn't even come close to dying. It kind of feels like the fans were lied to there. I mean, she could have come out later and said "we were planning to do that story, but changed our minds". To the best of my knowledge, she never did. That's why I have trouble believing anything from them. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  13. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I don't believe anything that tptb says, cuz so many times they lie (in many others show). I think they say what fit to situation. You know what i mean? It's show, they made EC canon and thats why they say "we always mean it", then (it's just example) EC break up and say "it's was very difficult relationships and wasn't that serious". They start new romance and would say "we always mean it" again. I hope you understand what i mean :lol:

I admit that i CaRWash shipper, but i write here not because it's EC, i write here because i don't like how writers did this romance. If it was any other romance that they show us in that way this thread was named "Cake (EDeN, CaRWash, DuCaine) romance - why we dislike it". It happen that it was EC, but i'm sure if it was other ship we have the same problem. So no, i don't like this romance not because i like other ship. :)

I come back to GSR and i say it again, i don't ship them, i wanna see Gil\Cath ship in show, but i admit that Sara and Gil have something from season 1 to 7 when they finally was together. I use this ship like example, cuz whan tptb say "we alway mean it" i believe them, cuz i see it, even when Gil have something with Lady Heather and Sara with Hank, still i see that they have attractive to each other. But when after 5 years brither\sister relationship they start this romance with words "we always mean it" i don't believe them, cuz i believe my eyes. Sorry, this if you don't understand my point, if write it too bad :lol:

14. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:hugegrin:We understand you just fine. I agree with most of what you say. I don't ship anyone, but I agree Gil and Sara worked pretty well. They were a natural, as are Danny and Lindsay. The same can't be said for E/C.
    :rolleyes:
    AD, et al, are really not as bad as tptb on other shows. That's not excusing them but, on a scale, they're pretty low. Whenever any of them are promoting an arc, no matter how ridiculous, they'll force those square pegs into those round holes, splinters and all. Canon by committee, subject to change with no notice or rationale.:angryrazz:

15. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Oh, I have never expected an E/C shipper to agree with my perspective in that regard and I "agreed to disagree" a long time ago about what shippers see as opposed to what non-shippers see regarding this relationship. It's sometimes like we are watching different shows. LOL

I guess I've been through too many show runner/producer jerk fests to believe everything TPTB say. You ain't lived until Chris Carter has jerked you around for a couple of years.

I guess I'm not that trusting. I'm not going to take their word for it. They have to show me and the storyline and actors better be able to sell it. I adore Horatio and I didn't like the H/M storyline either. For me it wasn't much different than the E/C storyline. It was forced, contrived and I saw absolutely no chemistry between the actors/characters. And it was promoted as this amazing love that just went straight to Horatio's soul. Uh, yeah, whatever. Didn't see it or feel it. Same for me with E/C. And I didn't care for what they did to Horatio to force that storyline - we're still paying for that one, although I beginning to see hints of the old Horatio peaking through once in a while.

Uhm, that's not quite what I said or meant. Of course they are trying to create a show that everyone will watch, but by targeting the 18-49 age group, they are not targeting the largest demographic. The largest demographic is the baby boomers and they are outside the target demographic in that they are over 49.

What advertisers are targeting are the people they feel are more likely to change up with a product. By that I mean, if your mom (say 54 years old) has been cleaning with Comet her whole life, just like her mom did before her, she is less likely to try something new. Advertisers feel that those in the 18-49 age group are more easily swayed to try something new. That's why they target that group and that's why it's important for TV shows like CSIM to win that demographic. The larger the target demographic the more they can charge for advertising during their time period and the network is happy!

Actually, CSIM came in second in the target demographic the night E/C had the "magic kiss" episode. They were down 65% in the target demographic. That tells me that the tweeners were probably watching "The Bachelor" (who came in #1 and buried CSIM in the target demographic) and E/C wasn't on their priority list. So with all the hype - and I do read and watch the entertainment magazines and shows and this "kiss" episode was hyped to the max -the target audience had something better to do.

I agree. Certain portions of the fanbase did express an interest. A very vocal portion that post online. As I've stated before, I believe that this whole thing came about so slowly because TPTB put the "feelers" out and as soon as they had a bite, they began to feed to the media that the E/C hook up was a big deal and more and more fans were becoming interested and then the media started writing about it and more fans jumped on the band wagon. I completely believe that this "relationship" was a marketing/media design. And I know that you totally and completely disagree with me and that's alright. Another point where we'll have to agree to disagree.

Even the fans who dislike the E/C storyline are probably small when you look at the whole picture. Most people who watch the show could are less who is sleeping with who. But from personal experience, more and more are caring. NO ONE I know watches CSIM any more. It used to be everyone. It's one of the reasons I'm now posting online. I don't have anyone around me to discuss the show with. And majority stopped watching because of the E/C bombardment.

Well, I've already addressed the changes to Horatio and how I felt/feel about them earlier. I hated them. And while I wasn't posting then, believe me when I tell you I wasn't shy about voicing my opinion to friends and family who were still watching the show then.

I'm finally seeing some positive changes in Horatio this season.

I see absolutely nothing postive about the changes to Calleigh. Growth is one thing. To destroy the core values of the character to force a relationship does a disservice to the character and shows a lack of respect for your audience.

With Eric's changes I'm much more forgiving due to his injury. But if they don't address his need for help, then I don't know how much longer I'll be able to respect his character.

That we will. :)

We agree again! There's hope! :lol:

That's why this thread was created. So that people who don't support the E/C ship would have a place to go and discuss their postion without fear of being hassled. I don't think anyone who has expressed a dislike for the E/C hook up has been shy in expressing themselves. I think we've all been pretty clear and concise when giving our reasons for objecting.

While as an E/C shipper you may not find our rationale in disliking the E/C 'ship to be valid, I assure you that our concerns are no less valid to us than your support of the ship is valid to you. No one is asking you to defend your support of the 'ship, but we seemed to be forced repeatedly to defend, explain and re-explain our position.

Nah. Life's too short to get upset about the little things. But I have to be honest and say I don't know how much more we can say to explain. I feel like we are being asked to defend and justify our position and I really think that throughout this thread we have done so - some quite elegantly.

So I'm going to leave you with us agreeing to disagree on pretty much everything having to do with the E/C relationship. I don't think there is anymore answers I can provide to you. I hope others are better at it and you are able to gain the understanding that you are looking for. :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.