Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

That's such a perfect EC quote. It shows their friendship, they make each other laugh, and it goes great with our thread title :)

and welcome Wolf_girl :D

Weclome Wolf_girl :D

I am pretty sure that quote about the Cafe Cubano is from Season 1's episode "Losing Face" in the beginning when they are all in the break room. I could be wrong but I pretty sure that that is the ep.

17 days til our ep!!! I can't frickin wait. I am actually more excited about the prospect of losing Jake than I am about the pic...I know shocking right? I just want Jake gone, not only for E/C but just b/c I plumb don't like him. Guy's a pain in the ass who serves no purpose whatsoever. It wouldn't be sooo bad to watch if he was actually goodlooking and shared some sort of onscreen chemistry with Emily.

They are, however with Jake being an ass, making Eric look like the knight in shining armor for Cal...not that wasn't before...but what is going on is definately giving him character points.

I watched the night shift scene again and you can sooo see a moment of idk, realization or reflection on Cal's part after she said that he was sweet. She definately looked down and paused in her actions and had this far off look on her face and for a moment she seemed to drop her guard and her feelings for him sort of came through....she put the shield back up quickly but I think his statement really got to her for a moment.

Watch the scene again and really watch her reaction after she says "that's sweet" You'll see what I mean.

Yeah,the Cafe Cubano scene is most definatly from Losing Face.

I actually miss those scenes in the break room. They don't do that anymore and it's a place where they just relax and joke and there's no talk about DNA and fingerprints. They should do more scenes in there.

Yeah. And Emily kicks unbelievable amounts of ass for bringing that through. I mean everything that was going through Calleigh's head was in her eyes and expression, and you could really see the walls drop and her forcibly put them back up to salvage her control. Fantastic acting.

I don't know how I'm going to survive the next 2 weeks. At least they're new eps. And look at it this way: We're not gonna care at all about reruns this time around because of how good the eps have been and we'vw got certain scenes on repeat anyway! :lol:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was from Season One!
That quote always makes me laugh && YES, I miss the break room scenes as well.
It was just a time to be a bit playful and let yourself relax and take a break from all the bad stuff[crime].
But, they don't do it anymore. x.x

Anyways, yeah, I watched that scene again and again the other day and the way her facial expression changes is like a no-brainer..YOU KNOW what she's actually thinking, but she puts her walls back up rather quickly, like Star said.

I'm going to lose my mind if the 19th doesn't come fast enough!! l0l.

I know!!! her facial expression says so much :D. A moment of thought, and then just kind of snapping herself out of it when she blinked. Cause she felt it in her stomach and in her heart how much it affected her. You know when you feel something towards someone and just makes you feel really weird in your stomach? And the thing is you know exactly why you're feeling that way. So yes it was a very good reaction. :)

StarDuquesneEMT said:
I had a macchiato today and about lost it trying not to laugh in starbucks. Thanks for that y'all :lol:

You think you guys have problem? I have to work at Starbucks every day...how am I going to explain the giggling every time someone orders a caramel macchiato (although...people never pronounce it correctly...we've had people ask for machetes, mah-chi-os, etc) I don't know if I can ever steam milk again :lol:

So...yay new thread! I can't believe we're already done with the other one.

I showed a friend the little "I'd switch to the night shift" scene and she was like "Okay...that's nice" Ah well...I guess we can't all be educated in the ways of Calleigh and Eric.

Yeah, my friend who isn't that much into E/C, I called her on Tuesday and she as all, "okay, that was HUGE," and then she was all, "aww, he really loves her." It was funny because usually it's me talking about E/C and her being all "eh" but on Tuesday she just kept talking about the scene and how romantic it was.

17 days? Can we make it?

You know, I've had to go six months (wait, just kidding...it's been almost eight months now) without driving, and I honestly don't know which is worse: waiting for the 19th when I know what's coming or waiting to drive again when I already know how much freedom it is! Honestly, I can't decide which one I want more right now...driving or the scene...hmmm??? My own little suggestion: don't lose consciousness unless you're prepared not to have a life for half a year.

Anyway...

Oh we can do it! For sure. Just think about how sweet it will be when it finally gets here!

Well, my husband has to stand everytime I talk to him about EC but when I showed him the night shift scene he was like: wow, not only what he said but how she reacted. He's totally a hiphugger :)

That's really cute though! I'm glad he can appreciate it.

Oh gods, working there and thinking about "steaming the macchiato" has got to suck but it's so funny. And I hear you about driving. I didn't get my license till I was 24 and had been running accident scenes for 3 years, and that's some perspective. Then dealing with the stupid provisional thing and the MVA is dumb. If I ever lose my license I will starve because I live alone out of town and have no one to drive me around.

It's still the 2nd. That is so not cool.

I didn't actually have my license taken away--I can't drive because of a medical issue--but yeah...it's really hard. I went from being fairly independant to "I have to be driven around my my mommy and if I ever want to hang out with my friends, they have to drive twenty minutes to get me and then twenty minutes back" However...this soapbox doesn't belong on this forum.

To real business: I forgot to say this before, but I really like the title of this thread! I remember the Cafe Cubano scene...I was wondering, did anyone think Calleigh sounded rather matter-of-fact when she said "Don't you just say the sweetest things"? it was cute witht he whole straight-faced professionalism, but I could definitely see Calleigh being all coy about it.

@Jacks-- Yeahh, I remember that scene and I know what you are talking about. ^.^ Ohh yes, Calleigh was being very coy. <3 haha.

I work at Starbucks too!! 0.0 How weird<3
Anyways, I was laughing my butt when I was working because someone ordered a cafe' mocha and the FIRST thought in my head was Cafe Cubano. xD
My manager just kind of looked at me.. I was like.."uhh, yeah you wouldn't understand". haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back