Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxemilyrocksxx

xxemilyrocksxx Dead on Arrival

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

I think I am writing a boring Christmas challenge fic! I am still working on it... and atleast I will have something to submit and plenty of room for improvement! I suddenly have a much stronger appreciation for all those who write fics for the rest of us to read!

Eric is totally wearing away at Calleigh's walls. With that man wearing her down.. it's only a matter of time before he is wearing her out!! :)

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hey guys I just read that negotiations have resumed in the strike. Not a lot to be happy about but at least it's something. ;)

Eric is just saying all the right things to Calleigh and she's taking notice. The great thing about it is that it's not because he's being cocky and wants to get the pretty girl, but because he is this sweet caring guy who's answers are sincere because that's who he is. And Calleigh knows he is not being fake when he tells her stuff (night shift, being a dad...) because she knows him. Even though he used to be this player before she has seen him mature and grow by everything that has happened to him. So now it's not only his good looks that are attractive to her (because we all know she has always flirted with him ;)) but now she sees this mature man that really cares for her and with who she could have a happy beautiful family :)

3. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Jackie I agree, it's a matter of Calleigh being willing to break down those walls that are "protecting" her...she has had those walls around her heart as protection from getting trampled to death for so long from her childhood, and has gotten so used to them that I don't think she even realizes they are there...so that now when she truly doesn't need them because Eric would NEVER hurt her, she doesn't even know how to tear them down.

Jodie yeah I'm with you, lol....sometimes I wish I could just take a wrecking ball to Calleigh's walls...although I'm convinced one touch of Eric's lips to hers will have the very same effect on those walls of hers! :devil:

Really want the strike to be done...really really! :p

4. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I think the closer Eric gets to her heart (closer than he already is :)) the more frightened she'll get and she go into self defense mode and push him away. Only Eric is never going to let that happen. So he will expose her walls and by doing so force Calleigh to ackowledge they are there. Eventually he will break through them.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I am looking forward to (if we ever see an actual end to this season) Eric's attempts at breaking down Cal's walls. I think he is doing it little by little already with the comments he makes and has made but the big push has yet to come...and it will be interestng to see just 'how' he plans on kicking that door down.

God, this strike needs to be over! We are finally getting to nitty gritty of this ship and this shit goes and happens?!! Life sucks big time right now.

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

His comments as of late have absolutely pushed their way through some of Calleigh's barriers. :D If not, she wouldn't have reacted the way she did. If she could successfully push him away, she wouldn't have been affected by his offering to switch to nightshift; she wouldn't have been so touched by the idea of Eric with kids - not just any kids, but their kids, aww. :D

I love that he's subtly fighting for her instead of making this an all-out war with Jake. Eric is absolutely saying the right things at the right time, but what he says is 100% honest too, which you can tell Calleigh knows. But I love that Eric isn't taking things into his own hands; he's willing to wait for Calleigh to make the final decision and come to him, which is sweet. He's not pushing her; he's just being open and honest with her. :D

7. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Okay, new episode tomorrow right? I hope so.

I really want to see what is in store for E/C next! I mean, they can't ignore it now... it's impossible.

Oh, for sure. She is so touched by him. You can see it in her eyes, they light up when he says things like that to her. And if you watch her really carefully, she tenses and relaxes at certain moments which just show she's affected. Emily and Adam know what they are doing with this.

8. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Hey guys! Sorry haven't talked here for a while. Ive been soooo busy with school and Christmas.

Anyway, yes there is a new episode tommorrow night. I just saw the preview for it on CBS and it looks INTENSE!!
    It says:
    "...The most dangerous killer...(Alexx to Calleigh)'This guy is so smart'...in the history of Miami...(Calleigh to Eric)"Ive never seen anything like this'...Prepare for a year end shocker"
    And there is a clip of Eric and some other guy being shot at WITH short clips from Eric's head shot injury. I am freaking out!

If I can find it on youtube or else where Ill post it.

9. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

Sorry I haven't been here in ... 5 days. Been very busy. The ENTIRE family is coming to my house for christmas and several arrived within the last five days (My mother, stepdad (Whit), sister (Maddie) and brother (John) arrived on thursday and my godmother and her wife arrived on saturday.)

Any link for the preview would be greatly appreciated at this juncture. Sounds gripping!

Drommie

XOXOXOX

10. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I wonder if we'll get more of Eric's PTSD symptoms tomorrow. Adam said that's something the writers were playing with and I think being shot at, again, might trigger something in him. I'd love it if this happened.

11. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Ohhhh, yay for new eppy tomorrow! I've been so busy with Christmas decorating and shopping that I spaced on us having a new eppy tomorrow... :eek: shocker I know! :lol: But yay for a new chance for E/C to again show us how much in love they really are...and apparently I'm waxing a bit poetic tonight :rolleyes: :lol:

I do really really hope we get some E/C tomorrow night though...we've had so much build up lately and especially since we don't know still don't know if we have resolution to this strike thing...I WANT E/C stuff before we have to take a break dang it! Come on PTB!!

Mistletoe fic is in the works...I'll have it before Christmas break ;)

12. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I can't sleep.

I'm sick so I didn't feel like studying much today so I wrote a bit more of my Christmas fic. I'm at 2,800 words and have only incorporated two elements so it might be long but I have a feeling nobody's complaining except my GPA.

There's been like -2 activity in this thread in the past couple of days. Only took me about 5 minutes to catch up on three days. Couple of weeks ago, it would've taken me half an hour at the very least. We should finish up this thread before tomorrow night, so we have a new thread to freak out in when we get unexpected scenes. Pointless conversations to fill the space, anyone?

I hope we do get some mention of Eric's PTSD and from what little the promo gives, it looks likely. I guess it'd be kinda annoying if they did it every episode, but they haven't really been constant about it, unless he's hiding it. You don't take a couple of pills and cute bunnies start popping out of your ears.

13. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Work is bad :(

I forgot what I was going to say. PTSD would be great, because it's time for Calleigh to show where her loyalties are, after her story arc. I wonder how far the writers are willing to take this. We all know they love to send Eric to the hospital. I won't be surprised if he ends up back there soon with Calleigh going crazy with regret.

14. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I made myself instant noodles and ate them.

I was always hoping that Eric would get a new girlfriend. I mean, it's been months. I wanted one of those scenes were Eric mentions his girlfriend in passing and Calleigh's kinda like
    [​IMG]
    except she's not a little girl from a million years ago with an annoying watermark over her ugly dress but whatever.

I want regretful Calleigh, too. I hope we get one big moment where everything kind of hits her and she apologizes for putting Eric through watching his best friend destroy herself. Fic prompt!

15. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Yeah the way this is going it's going to have be something big (again!) that finally gets Calleigh to open her eyes...but at this rate I'm not sure they can get much bigger and badder then they already have...I mean seriously, Eric basically died (for 11 minutes at least) and she didn't tell him she loved him, then she almost died or at least came closer than ever before and she STILL didn't say anything, I'm a bit scared at what it's finally going to take to get her to crack and open up to him about this...although I would almost like it to be something little since at this point it'd basically be the straw that finally broke the camel's back with everything else that has already happened...I just really want her...them to finally open their eyes already and see what is right in front of them, geez!! Without a huge amount of angst, or jealousy or ickyness...at least anymore than we've already had! Please!

:lol: Yeah sorry for the bit of pessimism this morning...It's Monday so I'm allowed! :lol: Can't wait for tonight...they dang well better give us something, that's all I gotta say! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.