Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

I like it... do I smell a parody fic coming?

*polishes gun* Where is she ;)

STILL, I read an X Files fic once where something simiar happened. It was very well written. I'd link but it's M.

Okay, who's hiding the EC spoilers?

2. Leela

Leela Pathologist

WTFNOO! I ain't did anythin! I SWEARZ!!

3. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I got distracted by my stomach's need for food, but I finished it! So no killy Leela.

Anyway, it's snowing here and I need boots so... I'm gonna go buy them. Enjoy the story!

4. Jellicle15

Jellicle15 Victim

Awww, that fanfic is so cute! Me like!

5. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

I love the challenge idea!! I am definitely in!! My suggestion would be?? How bout pumpkin pie & whipped cream!! :D

Lucy I am now anxiously awaiting your rabbit sex fic so you must get right on it! :lol:

6. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

Oh a fanfic challenge. Hmm, how about adding a horse? I don't know. Lucy that fic was absolutely amazing.

7. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

I loved that fic! Gave me a fuzzy feeling inside. :D

I like the horse idea. Horses are lovely. I adore horses.

I love x files too! They always take all the great shows off air! I hope CSI Miami doesn't go the same way...

Drommie

XOXOXOX

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I am totally feeling the whip cream. Maybe someone could do the whip cream bikini from Varsity Blues? :lol: :devil:

Could totally picture Cal doing something like that to make Eric's holiday worth remembering ;)

9. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

oooh, I'm down with (or up for...choose your direction and preposition) writing a Christmas fic. I suggest those ridiculously large tins with the popcorn trio (you know, caramel, cheese, and regular popcorn?)

Lucy, why are you getting snow? I'm jealous. We've had a couple flurries and 'mini snowstorms' but nothing wants to stick. I'm sick of bipolar weather.

10. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Soooo...the Christmas challenge. Im in but I wont have any good ideas.

Im gonna go read the fanfic story right now. Im sure itll be GREAT.

[*quote] Jake is eaten alive by his own ego. [/*quote]

LOVE it! That would be absolutely great.

11. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Miamilvr, just take out the little asterisks (ie the starry ******** things) and you'll have a quote.

Also, you could just go up to the three little boxes right above each post (Reply, Quote, Quick Reply) and click the one that says quote

12. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

I got boots! And Jacks, it's snowing here because it's Montreal and it's always snowing here. It's actually late this year (yay global warming); normally, it starts snowing on Halloween.

I'm glad you guys liked the story! :)

Miami's not really a good show. I watch pretty much exclusively for EC now. I can't stand Horatio and I don't really like Natalia, and the cases are fucking ridiculous.

13. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Yeah, show's late here (evidently i'm not close enough to Canada to get snow, but honestly, any closer and I'd BE Canadian)

What's the average winter temp in Montreal?

Oh, and I haven't even finished reading the story, but oh man...

14. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Guys, the whole idea is to suggest unique/funny elements - so things like tinsel, pumpkin pie, and whipped cream are too commonplace (and they're things you find in Christmas stories, anyway). They also need to be unique so that the author has to use his/her head in figuring out how to tie them together into the story. For example, one year we had 'snow in Miami' and people had to figure out how to make it snow in Florida. I think someone had a snow cone, and I had snow in a can, stuff like that. But they don't need to be Christmas related. Since we're writing Christmas stories, I'd say maybe the less related to Christmas they are, the better. We don't wanna have 5 elements that you'd end up finding in a Christmas tree, anyway. That would make it too easy. One year we had 'the Carlton dance' and that was tons of fun.

Also, single elements, I'd say, also fall into the 'too easy' category. So if you suggest a cat - make it harder. What kind of cat? What is the cat doing? Any author could cover this in a single sentence. "As Eric and Calleigh were walking down the street, a cat crossed their path." Same with the horse. What's so special about these animals? Make it more unique. Maybe 'an aggressive one-eyed cat' or 'a whiny cat' a 'three-legged cat', whatever, things that are so cool the author will WANT to incorporate them into the plot and not just mention in a sentence.

I think I really wanna keep the cranky elf element that we didn't do last year, but since we're getting too many suggestions we might have to put them all to vote. So if you all want, keep suggesting and we'll narrow them down.

I also need to know who's participating because I'm thinking of giving those people more benefits than the people who aren't - like maybe they get to read all the stories first and only their elements will be taken into consideration (it's kind of unfair that the people who only read get to decide what we have to write, anyway). Also, all the people who are participating - let me know and if you finish your story, you'll get a reward in the mail.

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

So...nobody gets a reward in the mail? :lol: Did anybody come close to finishing last year? I know we started kinda late, didn't we? I feel like maybe we should've started this one in July. :lol:

I'll attempt it this year. :D Whether or not I have time to finish, that's another story. I won't have time to write anything until the middle of December because life sucks, but I might come up with something.

As for elements...well, I haven't been able to come up with any in the past two years, so why would this year be any different? *lacks ANY creativity at all* :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.