Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiamiLvr2024

MiamiLvr2024 Guest

Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

God!! I am so stupid! Ok. Im just not going to quote anyone.

The story by the way was GREAT! I think I almost cried. I could just about imagine every word of it. It showed how they really do feel about each other. If only it would just happen...

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Yeah, last year we started too late and it was a little disorganized. The 2004 challenge (or was it 2003?) was awesome cause it took place at fanforum and there were only a few of us, so it was more organized.

Also, nobody has to turn in a freaking masterpiece and it doesn't have to be too long, either. If you can do the whole thing in 100 words minimum, good for you (even better for me cause I have the attention span of a bat).

So really guys, don't stress over this. It's just a tiny fic, you don't have to channel the spirit of John Donne. And if you finish it, you get a gift. Win win for everyone.

3. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Jacks, it's gotten milder in recent years, but maybe average of -10C/14F between December and February? I dunno. It's not too bad. You get used to it.

Hm, I'm gonna tweak my element to "someone climbs something that's not a ladder" because I'm pretty sure it's easy to incorporate a ladder into a Christmas fic.

I like the idea of giving benefits to the people participating. There's really no excuse for not writing a 1,000 word fic if you read everybody else's, because if you have the time to read all those stories, you have the time to write something short. "My stories suck" is not a valid excuse either, sorry. Nobody's requesting masterpieces. Sharing is caring!

ETA: Caro beat me to the last part.

4. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

I dunno, I always get in trouble for the elements I suggest. What about a rat terrier that insists on being in the bathroom whenever someone is in there? Said dog should be planted right in front of toilet trying to play with whoever is there and could quite possibly have trouble knocking before entering.

Lucy, we could start a club. It's been milder here too, but yeah, it's usually somewhere between 20 and -20 degrees F. I'm starting to feel like a pansy with how warm it's been.

5. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

My stories DO suck, but thats not going to stop me from having a go! :D If i'm anything, i'm perseverant and optimistic. What kind of gift is said gift? Is it in picture form? Is it a spoiler? (I'm also terribly nosey!) :lol:

Drommie

XOXOXOX

6. midnight_tiptoes

Well, practice makes perfect, so keep writing and eventually you'll be good at it.

And the gift is a surprise :)

7. hiphugaholic

hiphugaholic Rookie

Ok, wow! you guys are ablazin' this thread again! Holidays must comin' fast!

Welcome, Jellicle!

I don't usually read fanfics because I'm stupid and I get confused easily as to if I were remembering an actual episode or if I had read it in a fanfic...I get confused easily :confused: But I love Christmas fanfics because I'll never get those confused to an actual episode, especially if we were talking about Miami because I don't remember them making a holiday ep yet. So, long story short, I'll be reading these Christmas challenge for sure! Now, whether I'll be writing one is a whole different story because I'm not very talented in that area...

8. Jellicle15

Jellicle15 Victim

Surprise? I like surprises! I just may have to write something for the challenge. (Even though I've never written any CSI fics before.) I'll see what I can come up with, but I can't promise anything.

9. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Fan fiction completes me.

That's the thing about writing, if you're open to constructive criticism, it can be so good for your work. Last year I had to take a writing class (it was either that or poetry, and for some reason, I don't mix well with poetry). Anyway, my roommate (who also happens to be an amazing writer) and I were in the same critique group. My story ended up getting a B of some sort, so that should tell you something about my writing--completely average. At the time, I found myself wishing I could be as amazing as she was, but looking back, it was a good experience just to have people to talk over ideas with and what not.

I honestly think there are people who are just amazing writers to begin with. (Lucy, that's probably the category I'd put you in) If they take the time to hone the skills and continue to improve (because we can all improve), they're a force to be reckoned with.

HOWEVER!!!! That's not to say that those of us who are average writers shouldn't write. We definitely should because the practice does make us better. We fall into the trap of comparing ourselves to others...well, I do at least. Maybe the best we can do is write a story and allow others to give us honest advice, and then harness that to make it better!

Okay, I'm done.

10. xxemilyrocksxx

xxemilyrocksxx Dead on Arrival

When the elements are finalized, will someone post them nice and clear... and as soon as possible!?! I get the feeling I might need all the time I can get to write something... and I may end up being a sucky writer... or not?
    It took me 3x to figure out how to register for this site... where and how will I post my story when I finish?

And I have to agree with Jacks... I think Lucy is an amazing writer... a most overdue compliment.

11. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

[Fair warning: This post really has nothing to do with Eric and Calleigh.]

Aw, thanks guys.

You know, I never really thought about writing anything until last year. I took a writing course (Creative Non Fiction) last semester, and even though I embellished my stories a lot to the point where they could barely be considered non fiction anymore, I was awed at the positive responses I received, from my peers and my teacher. I had always been a mediocre to fair English student, and my grades reflected that, but for whatever reason, as soon as I was thrown into the world of creative writing, I did well. If anyone's interested, here's a short piece I wrote for that class (this is also where I found my love for second person pieces). Anyway, my teacher strongly encouraged me to keep writing, so I figured I'd give fan fiction a shot. I couldn't be happier that I did.

END LIFE STORY.

For the Christmas challenge, nobody is allowed to skip out, got it? NOBODY. I want fics and I want them Christmas-y. Write five words if you want: "Eric and Calleigh did it."

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ya know what I want for x-mas?

MY GOD DAMN MUSE BACK!!! :mad:

Damn thing disappeared and won't re-appear and I have a fic to finish. Even with help and prompts I can't seem to get back into writing :(

I can't promise anything...but I will try and write for the x-mas challenge ;) It might be a piece of crap but it will be something none the less :lol:

13. midnight_tiptoes

When everyone's done suggesting prompts, I'll put them up to vote and then we can get going. The fics won't be posted here, I'll probably just re-activate the LJ community and post them there first and then you guys can post them wherever you want. If we decide that the writers get to read all the stories first. If not, you can post it wherever you want.

14. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Luce you are an amazingly talented writer...I LOVE your fanfics and I look forward to reading everything you write...just wanted to tell you that! In fact I think we in here have some of the most talented fanfic writers of any of the ships, any of the ones I've read thus far! So kudos to y'all...and Jackie I'm with you...I want my muse back...or at least my ficcie muse back...I caught the music vid bug and now my writing muse has fled me...it's sad really! :p

Okay moving on...I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, I'm really hoping we get another E/C moment...something cute and flirty this time, a little less angsty a little more fun...that would be nice for them! :D :D

15. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

^ I'd happily give y'all my muse, but it would only strike when you absolutely did not want to write, or when you had absolutely no time to write, or both. Stupid muse. :rolleyes: :lol:

I actually forgot we had a new episode tomorrow night. Nothing important is supposed to happen, is there? I was thinking about skipping this one, actually just based on the title. :lol:

Whatever happened to the episode where Eric was supposed to be climbing out a window, and Calleigh gets worried about him? I swear I thought that was supposed to be in episide eight, but I'm just now realizing it wasn't there; so is that coming somewhere else? Or has that been dropped? (...I'm not making this up, am I? Because at this point, that really wouldn't surprise me. :lol:) Concerned Eric got to make his appearance in SYG; now I want my Worried Calleigh. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.