Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cubano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric/Calleigh #27: Coffee Tastes Better With A Little Cu

Okay now I may be missing something huge here so someone correct me if I am, but don't the higher-ups for Miami write episodes too? Ann Devine and Corey Miller and Ildy Modrovich are producers and stuff too, so are they not allowed to write anything during the strike either? I was just thinking this morning and that's dangerous :lol: but I want to understand what's going on. No new episodes sucks but I don't blame them one bit for what they're doing, and it's awesome that Marg was out there with them. Without the writers nothing else would exist, and I really hope they get what they deserve.

I've been working my way through season 5 again and Calleigh looked so amazing in the sideshow episode. I love it when she's in charge and taking people down, she's so good at it :D There really is no word for how perfect they are for each other.

:eek: I go away for a couple days and come back to find 6 new pages on the thread. I think it's awesome though you guys are tearing through the thread so quickly :D.

Anyway, I'm right there with all of you about being frustrated over the strike. I do support the writers I just wish the producers would pull their heads out of their asses and realize that they need the writers. I think that it has just come down to the fact that they're being stubborn and don't want to admit they were wrong.

I'm worried about how the strike is going to affect E/C, especially since they seem to be on roll with coming up with new material and ways to show how much Eric and Calleigh really care about each other.

I read an article somewhere that said that if there was no work on scripts for even just one week that production on most shows would have to shut down completely and that tv shows would most likely only have 15 episode at most each this season. That would suck :(

^^And I'm not sure about the CSI: Miami execs who are also writers, but I know that Steve Carrell (who is a writer as well as an actor on The Office) has refused to go to work and is on the picket lines. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the CSI: Miami producers decide to do.

And if you guys want to tell the AMPTP (Alliance of Motion Picture and Television producers) how you feel about the strike they have a contact page here Maybe if they get enough complaints from TV fans they'll start feeling pressured and cave.

It would really suck if the strike was dragged on too long, for more than just the viewers. The people who really lose out are the little guys who are now out of a job and don't have $1 million sitting pretty in the bank.

It's frustrating, yeah, but look on the bright side: episode 9 will air! Unless the world explodes tomorrow, EC's gonna happen, and it does suck that the strike has to happen this season, but we've learned patience, right? Right?!

Anyway, how boring was my math class today? This boring. Welcome to my retardedly cute doodles.

somethingsdont said:
This is my favorite scene from last night's episode, especially the second part. I like how Eric's always asking Calleigh to smell stuff. ;)

this was the exact thought that went through my head when I saw this scene!! I kept picturing them with the ropes!! I loved the end of that scene too when she storms her way in and Eric's just letting her handle it and the 'merry christmas' line was great!

Ianmwolf, that is my fear too. I understand why the writers are on strike and support them, but at the same time the E/C storyline is going really well right now and heading in the right direction and I don't want anything to ruin it!!

Lucy, you should see my math notes and my health notes, english papers too! i get bored easily!

Lol, Luce your optimism is awesome, I so totally appreciate that! :lol: Yeah the writer's strike sucks for us...(I agree that the writers deserve better) and I really really do not want to have to have no more Miami this season after ep.13...but at if (please no! :eek: ) we have to wait until next season for any new eppy's after #13, at least we will have what appears to be very promising E/C scenes in #9 to hold us over until then! And that, well...if I had to I could handle that! :D

I love the idea of something happening and Alexx having to deliver E/C's baby and then them naming her Lexxie after her...that would be SO sweet! :D

In here anyway they don't check it, Luce! ;)

Yay you posted an update! Score...as soon as I wake up in the morning I'm reading it! :D

Lol, I can't wait for Monday's eppy...I feel like we almost got gyped on Monday with a non-ep...I mean we got a tiny bit of E/C...but I want passion, heat...E/C smex dang it! Bring it on! :devil: :lol:

And on that note...night all!

I read in one of the threads that Jake probably would appear on epi 13 :mad:. Can anybody confirm this? That would really suck cause I'm kind of excited by the prospect of not looking at his face for the rest of the show.

Happy birthday, Jennifer! :)

I don't think it's official that Jake's in episode 13, but I'm not sure. Either way, I'm hoping he's out of the picture by then anyway, so as long as Jake's sole purpose is not to randomly flirt with Calleigh, I'm okay with his presence. He'll no longer be the idiot who's messing around with Calleigh; he'll just be the idiot, which, hey, he'll fill in for Ryan's recent lack of asshole just fine.

Thank you!

I have this sinking feeling the Idiot and his highly annoying vest and hair do are going to be around for a while longer. If so, I hope it's only for intermittent episodes. 11 more days to go until the 19th!

Happy Bithday Jennifer :) Have some cake.

I've said this before but I am glad Jake is here. When it ends, I want her to look back and evaluate her moves and decision, reflect and learn from them. Calleigh is a big believer in karma, as we know, and as "everthing happnes for a reason", Jake has a reason for being there. Even if it is to make her realise he is wrong for her. He's there to change the path of her life, directing her to Eric. Characters always have a purpsoe.
I think I've said that to Jackie in one of our many conversations :lol:

I do agree that Jake has a reason for being there, but I'm not so certain that his sole purpose is to lead Cal to Eric. Maybe he's there because, after S3 and S4, Calleigh really needed to loosen up and have some fun. She needed to get out of that lab and do stuff. Even if I look at it from a completely EC perspective, I still say that Jake has brought out a side of Calleigh that we haven't seen in a while, if ever. So while his purpose may not be to lead her to Eric(and I'm not saying it's not - it may very well be; I don't know what's planned for these guys), I do believe part of the reason he's there is to show that Calleigh can have fun; she doesn't live at the lab all of the time. And maybe in turn that shows that she's a good fit with Eric, because he likes to have fun too. Eventually I'm hoping we get to see them have fun with each other. :devil:

Not too sure if that actually needed a spoiler box, but since everybody else is doing it... :lol:

Is it seriously just eleven days til the 19th? Seriously? I swear it was yesterday that I was whining about it still being October. :lol:

Happy birthday, Jennifer! :D

Well...if everyone else is doing it :D. Only kidding. You know, I really do like your insight. Who really knows why Jake's here, but he is. Even though--shoot...I lost my train of thought. Oh well. Anyway, you make a good point.

You know, I think I could like Jake more if he wasn't portrayed as such a two dimensional character. The concept of Jake is good, but the execution of the plan...not so hot.

Jennifer, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Heather--wow...you must be a technology wizard (or at least nowhere near as computer incompetent as I am) How in the world?!

Thanks for the manip, Heather! Whew...I've had one of the best birthdays...starting out with a new chapter of "Time Tells" and then that manip. :p

I'd love to have some cake...but now, cake reminds me of the J/C ship...blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back