Eric & Calleigh #25 -- Traffic-Jam In The Pleasure Grotto!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

Re: Eric & Calleigh #25 -- Traffic-Jam In The Pleasure Grott

I never really thought about the growing up in a big family thing, but it does make a lot of sense, especially since family issues has always been a huge theme in Miami.

And I agree with the Broken Homes thing. Would've been a really nice moment especially since, if I recall correctly, they had solid eye contact going on.

I remember green eyes in Death Grip and "with every fiber" in Whacked (totally my two favorite E/C moments), but not very much about the cases. I know there are probably some people who really are more interested in the science-y parts of it (which I love as well) and even though it's a case-based show, the development of the characters should be monitored more closely than they have. We hardly know anything about Frank, for example, which is really a pity.

2. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I actually remember what the case was in Wannabe, but only because Eric and Calleigh's cuteness drew me in to watch it several times.

3. alwayswrite05

alwayswrite05 Lab Technician

I remember it too but I had to think a minute before it came back to me. Even before I was a shipper, I remembered that scene and not much else about the ep.

I don't see how people claim that they watch Miami (or any show like it) for the cases alone when it's the characters that make the cases what they are. All of the storylines have been recycled from cop show to cop show and with all the forensic themed programs out now, there's not a whole lot new there either. The only thing that really changes are the people investigating.

Lost Son comes to mind as an example more or less untainted by being an E/C shipper. That episode would not of had the same impact if we'd never gotten to know Speed and hadn't seen how close the whole team was. It would've been far less moving and more like watching the evening news: detached, clinical, forgettable.

And why would anyone want Eric to go back to being a manwhore? Aside from it being juvenile and OOC, who wants to watch static-characters? What's the point if there is no growth?

4. Moriel21

Moriel21 Judge

Yeah I know there are lots of people who watch CSI for the science, but I have to say that it is the relationships and the characters that drew me in. Back in the beginning (when I caught the first few eps of CSI:LV) I actually was turned off by the science and then I got intrigued by the characters on that show and started watching it for them and then once I noticed them I started wondering what the other CSI's were like and from then on I was hooked...I started finding CSI ships everywhere! :lol: And now a good portion of my ships are on the CSI's :D

5. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I think TPTB are restricting themselves with that mindset. I respect them for aiming to keep the core values of the show front and central, because all the CSI shows are, at heart, about solving the crimes. Sure, everybody loves a good mystery, but mostly what keeps us around is that it's these characters solving the mysteries. Can you imagine how boring it would be watching a bunch of no name, personality defunct drones every week? Not my idea of fun. We stick around because we are intrigued by these people and how they interact and react with each other within their jobs, and anything more we learn about them, just highlights our enjoyment and understanding of them, and subsequently, the crimes they attempt to solve too. I'm not saying I want to know every little detail about all of them all the time, but short personal scenes here and there aren't going to hurt anyone.

Keeping that rule only serves to make this repetitive and cliched. Want to include something personal about a character? Has to be involved in a crime. The Duke's in trouble, Suzy and Madison are in trouble, Marisol is in trouble, multiple times! After that comes crimes that strike too close to home, because you know how little we see those!

Catch my drift?

By the way, the new thread title is ridiculous. I love it. :lol:

6. FluffyBlonde

FluffyBlonde Witness

Congrats on the new niece! Are you open to suggestions about a name? :D

Anyway, (Getting sidetracked by ickle babies.)Do you think they'll ever really get together? Really? I've totted up the possible outcomes and (If my maths isn't as bad as I think it is) there is a 1 in 3 chance of them getting together (Excluding the casts requests and the writers preferences!) I want to them to get together as much as the next HipHuggers shipper but they've got to keep the show fresh and exciting, ergo, even if they do get together, somthing terrible will happen because things can't be perfect all the time, right? :(

Although, I have been wrong before, so hopefully this is one of those times!

F.B

P.S I hope Eric hits Jake (Sounds evil but I don't like him.) He must go!!! :lol:

P.P.S Sorry about all the Smiley face but i've just found out how to use them and i want to make the most of it before I forget again!!

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

My sister and brother in law have decided on a name!! Her name is Marissa! ;)

I like that the writers don't want to go home with their characters b/c Corey said they are not GA but every once and while (and they are getting better at finding that happey medium) it is nice to go home with them; to see what makes them tick, ya know?

I like I said in an earlier post I would just like to see a ship be long lasting and this one has that potential. Too many shows today get the 'ship' together only to break them up b/c most writers don't like having something be permanent b/c they think it gets stagnent and boring. Sometimes it may; if you have a bad ship....we don't have that. I know shows like to keep things fresh and moving but sometimes a little consistancy is nice. This show could pull it off b/c they don't go home with their characters very often, so something permanent wouldn't be out of the question....although most shows are soooo not known for being cnsistent; especially this one :lol:.

Calleigh will always say 'we need you' instead of 'I need you' b/c to her it would seem like she is admitting that she needs someone else and she would never admit that. I think that her finally admitting that she 'needs' Eric will be another hump she will eventually get over this season. For her to admit that she 'needs' someone else is a big thing for her; especially given her uprbringing where she has had to always rely on herself....it has made her never want to have to rely on someone else or open herself up too much to one person for the fear she will get hurt. So she says 'we' instead of 'I.'

She has told Eric she trusts him with her life and every fiber of her being but the true breakthough for her will be when she tells him that she not only trusts him but 'needs' him as well. I think if they bring up his injury again and it becomes life threatening to him, it might be the type of situation where her walls crumble and she admits it. That is the diference between Jake and Eric; she is with Jake b/c she knows she can stay closed off and not truly, deeply need him but with Eric if she opens the flood gates she won't be able to close them.

8. _____Skylar

_____Skylar Lab Technician

They have spoilers for episode 7. Anything remotely EC in that episode?

9. delkolover

^^I did not see anything for E/C in this ep...sorry. but that doesn't mean anything there could still be something; the spoilers that were availble for me to see just didn't show anything about/with them. And to be honest, there wasn't that much out for the ep anyway.

If anything changes be sure that I will let you guys know ;)

P.S. 19 days til the season premiere!!! It also looks like CBS has changed the title for the ep to "Dangerous Son" and not "Pros and Cons"

10. _____Skylar

That's cool, then. I prefer no news to bad news (I'm looking at you, Jake).

19 days? Holy crap, I can't believe it! It went by so quickly! And we never got the official promo pics for season 6. Figures the one year that E/C is an important storyline, they don't do a photoshoot. Bleh.

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I watched a couple of the promos. There seems to be something in the way of Jake/Eric interaction. Do we have any info on that?

12. brookeAp3

brookeAp3 Rookie

Calleigh's "We" was really a metaphor for "I". You could tell in the way she said it and the look in her eyes. Once Calleigh admits that she needs Eric then that will truly be the start of E/C. And for anyone that had any doubt that Calleigh loves Eric all they need to do is watch Broken Home.

As for Jake he's going to notice something between Eric and Calleigh eventually. He's not that thick. All you have to do is stand in the same room as them for 2 seconds and you can tell there is something there. That may be the event that makes Calleigh re-evaluate the situation. Once Jake says something about it she won't be able to deny it anymore.

13. _____Skylar

I gave up on the spoilers a while ago. I seriously can't figure out what the hell is going on. It's like being back in math class only this time there is no skinny nerdy kid you can cheat off of.

Broken Home shows one thing (well, maybe more than one, but mainly that) Eric is Calleigh's Achilles Heel. And her lips said "we need you" but her eyes said "I need you... against the wall."

14. delkolover

Oh yeah...Calleigh so wanted to take him into a storage closet and make everything all better :devil:

15. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Okay, here's my logic. I've used math to know for certain that Yo!Bling and HipHuggers are going to go canon in the upcoming seasons.

Calleigh = 8 letters
    Eric = 4 letters

8 + 4 = 12

12 / 2 = 6

So, Season 6 is the one, baby.

And as for Yo!Bling... (wrong thread, I know, but I just want to show off my skillz).

Catherine = 9 letters
    Warrick = 7 letters

9 + 7 = 16

16 / 2 = 8

It all adds up. MATH DOESN'T LIE. It's a sure thing.

:cool: Wow, I think about this stuff wayyy too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.