Eric & Calleigh #23 -- This Ship Is Sailing To Booty Island

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Re: Eric & Calleigh #23 -- This Ship Is Sailing To Booty Isl

^Exactly. We have waited too long for them to simply get E/C in bed together and have that be that. I don't mind the angst; in fact I love it. The more the better. It makes the ship way more interesting and worth watching.

I've said it before and I will say it again; I am totally surprised at how well the writers are handling this ship. GSR felt like it was simply thrown b/c it was inevitable and since I don't watch NY I can't comment on L/D but from what I have heard they don't have the chemistry and compexity that E/C have. In fact, I don't think any ship on any of CSI's carries the amount of complexity and chemistry that the E/C ship carries; nor do the characters themselves that are involved in the other ships.

Season 6 is going to be frickin great! Bring on the angst, baby!

2. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

I think one of the big differences between those two ships and ours is that they were forced. It was fairly obvious from the beginning that something was going to happen between Grissom and Sara, and Lindsay was brought in as an automatic love interest for Danny. I don't think they planned E/C from the start. It started with their natural chemistry, and evolved naturally. It definately adds the element of realism to the relationship.

That's one thing I'll always credit CSI:M with. The fact that they didn't predetermine a relationship between any of the leads. They waited, saw what worked, and now they're running with it.

That's why can't get into any of the other 'canon' CSI pairings. Besides the fact that I have doubts about the characters compatibility and lack of chemistry, both D/L and GSR feel too contrived to me. (No offence intended to anybody who ships them, those are just my personal feelings).

E/C is totally organic. It just feels right. :)

3. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

yeah i agree with you CSI_Ali um because CSI:M in the begining you really couldn't point it out that easlily . Now they are just going with the flow and letting them move on.

Quick question......ya know ur little icon thingy at the bottom what episode is that in with Eric and Calleigh? :confused: :D

4. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

That is the ultimate episode called Simple Man. It is where the Hip Huggers evolved. ;)

I thought that there was a little thing going on between Eric and Calleigh in seasons 1 and 2. So unless you mean naturally they are going with the flow and it is working out nicely, I have always thought that their chemistry had a story behind it.

5. delkolover

Yeah if you want to compare E/C of seasons 1 and 2 to E/C now...i always thought the little tidbits they threw in then were slightly, and I mean slightly more natural then what we got in the latter half of this season. Don't get me wrong, any kind of non platonic interaction with these two is not forced but back then it seemed to flow a little bit better....I don't know how to explain it.

On the other hand, the E/C of the older seasons seemed more flirty and innocent "I like you" type stuff then the serious "I may be deeply in love with you" stuff we are getting now. Back then they were like little teenagers now they are more mature and things are more serious.

God I love this ship and all its possibilities :lol:

6. patluver144

patluver144 Police Officer

Yeah like in Season 1, and 2 they were more calm and stuff like you said and all now they are like more seroius and Calleigh like in denial! :D :eek:

7. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I think that's the difference. Back in seasons 1 and 2 they were carefree and young, and very flirty, not just with each other but with everyone. So that's probably why it was easier to watch. Angst is slightly more complicated, and after everything that's happened to them they're more serious.

I think back in season one they tried to explore all the possible ships. There was a moment there when they seemed to consider H/C, but that didn't work out and then they brought Yelina. S/C, Speed was just too gruff and cranky for Calleigh. It was too formulaic. E/C seemed to be the only one that made the cut.

8. delkolover

Yeah the writers really ran the gambit as far as ships were concerned early on in this show. I mean it seemed like almost every other ep they were trying out a new one until it seemed for a moment that they settled on E/C. Then of course Speed died and all shippyness seemed to go with him for about a season and a half. But now finally the writers have come back to the ship they seemed to have left off with and not made up a new one out of the blue. Which is always a nice thing to see considering I love this ship :lol:

9. Abby

Abby Prime Suspect

For me, the firsts seasons were so different because slowly Calleigh’s behaviour is changing. I think that this is the same reason why they aren’t together yet. She cares about her work, so she wants to separate it from her private life. Even if she has feelings for Eric, she always tried (pointlessly) to consider him only as a colleague. If something had happened too quickly between Eric and Calleigh, the storyline wouldn’t have any sense.

I think that she is going to let herself go, in the next season her feelings would get the better of her.

10. midnight_tiptoes

I have nothing substantial to say, I just wanted to get post #69. Yeah, baby!

Poor Calleigh. I kinda hope that one day her dad comes back and hits her over the head for being so pig headed, and tell her he doesn't want her to end up in a bad marriage like him. He seems like the kind of dad who would give his daughter advice on her love life.

11. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Kinky bitch!

As for her Dad... I don't think (and I was almost in tears about this) that he'll be back very soon, because John Heard will be a regular on new tv show on a different network... :(
    Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I miss him!
    Elicia and I then decided that it's time for Calleigh's Mum to show up in Miami... And we want her to start flirting with Eric... Oh God, Calleigh would explode!

12. midnight_tiptoes

Aww, he can still make a little appearance. Emily was on TWW while she was filming CSI, it's no big deal.

Oh my God, if Calleigh's mom started flirting with Eric then Calleigh would no doubt be charged with matricide soon after.

13. delkolover

Could or would you honestly be able to blame Cal's mom if she did flirt with Eric? Nothing like keeping it all in the family :lol: If I was Eric, I would be flattered and a little creeped out but still flattered.

Cal on the other hand, would probably find her biggest gun and show no mercy. Then again, she could just hand her mother Jake and tell her to be happy :lol:

14. midnight_tiptoes

Who would play Cal's mom? Probably someone who still looks young and fabulous.

15. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Well, Elicia and I agreed on Tanya Roberts... (It was Elicia's fab idea though ;) )
    She's the perfect woman for Calleigh to hate/love with a vengeance!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.