Eric & Calleigh #23 -- This Ship Is Sailing To Booty Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric & Calleigh #23 -- This Ship Is Sailing To Booty Isl

If that ever happpened I wouldn't know what to do first; laugh, cry or throw up. More than likely I would do all three and probably in that order :lol:

I have a new story! I have a lot on my plate so I probably shouldn't have posted it so soon but I'm really excited about it. It's called When It Falls so check it out and let me know what you think.

I'm surprised there isn't any Jake/Eric slash out there yet. Let's give it a couple more weeks, though.

i love the fic Skylar! i know that she will get with Eric!

Skylar great start with that fic....add more soon.

now that i think about it i think that Jake was showing calleigh his injuries so that she would touch them and make it seem like she wanted to kiss him too

Oh yeah that whole scene was such a ploy on Jake's part to get Cal to feel for him and to get her close. It was pretty obvious just by the way he pointed to his face...like a little boy showing mommy where it hurts. He really needs to get some new material.

I wonder if that's how he's gonna get her to have sex with him, too.

"I think I hurt my penis in the car crash. The doctor said I need to keep it somewhere moist and tight..."

Gah! I'd just give him a pie.

Gosh, that is like one of the oldest tricks in the book. I can't believe Calleihg fell for it and I also think she got caught up in the moment. I think Jake is after something else, too... :devil:

Carol, Knowing Jake it is exactly what he is going to do to get her to have sex with him. I really get the feeling he is going to guilt trip her somehow into being with him. I don't know why I think that I just do.

He will probably tell her that he transfered to Miami PD so he could be close her to etc....the man definately knows how to play women and that is exactly what he is going to try and do to Cal.

Sooner or later she will realize that he is playing her in some way and doesn't really care about her the way he pretends to and that is when he will get the boot. I still contend that he is going to misuse some info or evdience she gives him about a case in order to make himself look good or it is going to ruin a case and that is going to piss her off. I also think he is going to blame something on Eric b/c he sees him as a good scapegoat.

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys. I'll try to get chapter 2 up as soon as possible.

Like Jessica, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Jake not being this stereotypical cartoon villain. He isn't a bad guy, just the bad guy for Calleigh. Maybe he'll try to make the relationship work like he didn't when they were together, only this time it won't work cause Calleigh's in love with someone else. In which case I'd feel sorry for Jake. I mean, even Natalia admitted she had some amazing moments with Nick, and he was some crazy abusive mofo.

He's still an arrogant asshole, though. I mean, the way he talked to Tripp, I wanted to slap him.

It's kinda hard to tell what's gonna happen. Miami loves its clichés. They might still make Jake the bad guy, or maybe not. I have to say, I don't care for all this waiting, I don't care for it one bit.

Like Jessica, I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Jake not being this stereotypical cartoon villain.

Yay! :D :lol: He's actually quite the good guy in the fic I'm working on. As is Eric. Makes for a lot more conflicted Calleigh than having Jake be evil and make it easy for her to run to Eric. Gives her a real decision to make. Oh, and I like torturing poor Calleigh. :lol: :devil:

I think he might've been the right guy for Calleigh way back when, when they were younger and Calleigh was obviously different. I still think Jake was an important part of her life in that he taught her to be more protective of her heart, even if just a bit too much.

I totally think young Calleigh had a wild side. :devil: And that side was probably better suited for Jake than Eric. But she's older now; she's more serious, more mature, and while she can have fun every now and then, she's not crazy. I feel like now, her idea of fun would be staying at home and watching movies on the couch all night with Eric (among doing other things :devil:), not going out and crashing the town with Jake, or whatever it was they did.

I'm all for Jake not being a stereotypical villian. If he has to to be involved, at least make him interesting. However, I think it's going to be really hard for them to make people feel for Jake, because the guy is just so damn arrogant! Take Ryan, for example. About now, we're supposed to be feeling pretty sorry for the guy, but I actually cheered when he got fired. It was his own fault. That's what you get for being so cocky. That kind of personality is hard to make sympathetic, and its not like we're just hearing stories of Jake having been an ass in the past, y'know. He's still an obnoxious nitwit and he's shown it throughout his run. I just can't see the writers being able to sucessfully alter that perception.

I was sitting around thinking of some scenarios earlier, and I thought of something I'd really like to see. I'd love to see Eric really confront Calleigh. Let me elaborate:

I think right now Eric is inside Calleigh's head in a big way. That's one of the reasons why she's running. I'm thinking those scenes where Eric has called Calleigh out on her behaviour amped up 100%. Eric knows Calleigh so well, for once I'd like to see him use that and really question her about the way she acts, the reasons why she is so closed off. Not in an angry way or anything like that, just simply asking her questions. I think it'd be really interesting, and a very telling scene for Cal. We know she's scared of losing control, and scared of feeling vulnerable. I think Eric could put her in a place where she'd have no choice but to be vulnerable, perhaps even questioning herself. I wanna know why she is they way she is.

I might do a scene like that for a fic. I'm thinking of digging out my post 'Man Down' multichapter thing and trying to use that. I might change it into a kind of one-shot series, that are all related and on the same timeline but being able a jump back and forth. Multi-chaps just don't seem to agree with me.

Sorry about the rambling, just thinking aloud (or through my digits) here. :) The wait is already killing me. I'm trying to take my mind off it by catching up on my other shows, but even Scrubs is reminding me of E/C right now.

I don't know what it is, but it seems that Jake has never grown up even though I don't know what he was like when he was younger. I would guess he was the same because he probably captures Calleigh for the same reason back then. Remember that episode(was it going under?) when that victim was talking about bad boys and Calleigh felt connected to her because of Jake? What did that woman say? That it got to her the best of her or something?

Jake really isn't a bad guy, just annoying. :rolleyes:

I would like to see Eric asking Cal questions too b/c he is the only one who can get away with asking her stuff like that w/o her getting totally defensive and walking away.

We saw some of that in the patk scene when he contronts her about Jake and how visiting him in the hospital was different. It does get her to open up a little bit about how she feels about him. So if he were to do that again i think we would learn more.

Ali you sooo need to finish that post Man Down fic and post it...I need fic!! :lol:

CSI_Ali said:
Multi-chaps just don't seem to agree with me.

Oh God, tell me about it. Just the thought of a mult-chapter fic stops me from writing, for some reason. It's like showing a cross to a vampire.

I agree they probably won't do much to show us Jake's better side, especially if they want us to root for Eric. Look at the scene with Jake and Tripp, he was being such an asshole. And Horatio already doesn't like him. When Horatio doesn't like someone, that means they're certifiably evil.

For Eric to get Calleigh to open herself up to him, I think he'd have to do that slowly. Like her telling him about her parents divorce. I don't know that she'd sit down and have a lengthy conversation with him about her childhood and what makes her tick, but she doesn't seem to have much of a problem giving him little tid bits every once in a while. He already knows important stuff like her parents divorce and her being scared of ants. It's all baby steps with Calleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back