Eric & Calleigh #19 - Spontaneous Nudity Bound To Occur

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by midnight_tiptoes, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

What about something like this, and take into I account I have never done this before

"Eric & Calliegh: She likes to play with his hard ball"
    * got the idea from the the ep Rampage when Calleigh tells Eric to be nice to Gloria at first and then talk to her as a cop and Eric replies: "Play hard ball huh? I like you style" Hey that one could be used too!!

"Eric & Calleigh: Be still my heart"
    *ok so that one is a little corny!

Like I said I have never done this before :D but there is my contribution!

2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

You can have character quotes in the title, just not actor's quotes (due to bashing in other threads). If you guys have something you're not sure of, you can send me a pm.

Depends on how you mention panties. I checked out your list and some need to be reworded ot not used. Sorry guys but this is for all threads. Do you mind if I make some suggestions?

Some are too long to fit in the subject line especially if you're gonna have Eric/Calleigh #20 - in front. I'll check to see the longest that will fit and then edit my post.

OK - #1 - No Midnight Tiptoe, Deal?
    OK - #2 - Anything Sexier Would Be Blasphemous
    OK - #3 - Looks Like Somebody's Getting Wet!
    ummm....- #4 - Save a Crocodile; Mount a Cuban
    OK - #5 - You Make Me Feel Less Crazy When Otherwise I’d Drown
    OK - #6 - Diving is My Passion, But You Are My Addiction
    OK - #7 - If The Hummer's A-Rocking, Don't Go A-Knocking! If the hummer's rocking, don't go knocking
    Not enough room - #8 - Math 101: Milk Chocolate + White Chocolate = Hot Chocolate.
    Not appropriate - #9 - Once You Go Cuban, You Never Go White
    OK - #10 - The 'Look But Don't Touch' Rule Does Not Apply Within
    ummm.. - #11 - It's Been Three Years. He Deserves to Ying That Yang. After 3 years, they deserve some ying yang
    ummm...how about He won't Miss #12 - With Calleigh as His Target, He Won't Be Shooting Blanks
    OK - #13 - A Little Dirty a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
    OK - #14 - Yes, You *Can* Get a Man With a Gun
    OK - #15 - Midnight Tiptoe. Coming Soon, to a Couch Near You
    NO - #16 - He Dives Just to Make Her Shoot
    OK - #17 - No, That's Not Her Gun. She's Just *Really* Happy to See Him.
    OK - #18 - Love is Like a Gun, If the Moment is There You Have to Shoot
    OK - Dear Santa: A Naked Eric Would Look Nice Under My Tree. Love, Cal.
    OK - #20 - Some Mistletoe, a Christmas Tree and Love Will Run Free.
    OK - #21 - No Need to Check the List Twice. They've *Both* Been Naughty.
    OK - #22 - They Took Flirting and Teasing and Turned Them Into Art
    OK - #23 - They Are Bound by Their Hips
    OK - #24 - Touch Eric. Get Shot. 18 Times. At Once. (what does this one mean?
    NO - #25 - We Just Keep on Coming. And Apparently, So Do They.
    OK - #26 - Leather or Lace? We'll Take Both.
    OK but maybe use 2007 - #27 - 2005 Will Be the Year of the Hip Hugger!
    NO - #28 - What Do You Get When You Rub Hips in the Garage of Love? Sparks!
    OK - #29 - A Ropes Expert is a Terrible Thing to Waste
    OK - #30 - From Zero To Dirty in 5.2

and

"Be still my heart" is ok but "she likes to play with his hard ball" is a NO.

Also, if you reach 1000 posts before you get a new thread title, I can go back in and edit and put what you guys want in there.

OK, I checked to see what would fit.
    Eric/Calleigh #20-It's been 3 years, they deserve a yingyang - that's all that would fit (plus one more space) so they can't be longer than that. I tested a new thread and that's all the room there is. If you shorten it to "Cal", it will give you 5 more spaces.

3. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Thanks for the help. :) Shall we just go with the panties line unless somebody comes up with something better between now and the time we start the new thread?

I just watched Skeletons. I totally forgot about the scene where Cal is talking Natalia about her supposed flu. To me, it seemed like she knew way more than Boa Vista was telling. I mean, she's naturally very observant. I think she suspected something more was going on there. I'm not 100% sure, but I think there's a possibility that she knew about Eric and Natalia by this time. I know she didn't know in 'Silencer' a few episodes before, but by the end of the season she did, because her and Eric had a conversation about it. I don't think we ever saw the moment she found out, it just kind of became common knowledge. If she thought Natalia could be suffering from morning sickness, and she knew that Eric had been seeing her, it could explain why she was being nice but didn't look at all happy. Calleigh would react terribly to finding out Eric had gotten another woman pregnant, could explain why her smile to Natalia seemed so fake.

But my favourite thing about that episode is how Eric reacts to the news. I laughed my ass off when he said 'I'd go with you, but I can't get off this case'. You know if it was Calleigh he'd have probably forgotten that he had a job because he'd be so busy tending to her. Actually, if it was Eric, he'd probably be the one booking the doctor's appointments and then yelling at Calleigh when she showed up to them late because she was working on a case. :lol:

4. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Yeah, let's go for it.

I don't think Calleigh knew. I don't think there was enough evidence to put two and two together. And since Natalia pretty much sleeps with everyone under the sun, Calleigh probably assumed it was someone from outside the lab.

I wonder if she'll ever find out, though. I wonder if that's gonna be explored. What would her reaction be? I think she'd be pissed.

Eric would be so overbearing if he got Calleigh pregnant.

5. Leela

Leela Pathologist

I think Calleigh knew about Eric and Natalia. Don't know from when on, but Cooper found out in Skeletons, didn't he? And Cooper probably told everyone about it that same day *lol*
    There is also a scene in ermmm 'Dead Air': Eric and Natalia are arguing when Calleigh suddenly appears at the door and says: "Sorry to interrupt, but blablah..." and her expression when she says that is kind of 'knowing' ...and annoyed....
    Would've been interesting to see Cooper babbling about E/N to Calleigh... Gah so many missed chances TPTB! Booo!

Btw I love that panties title!

6. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

About the pregnancy scare? I doubt they'll ever explore it at all, because Eric and Natalia's relationship is kind of over and done with now. If Calleigh did find out, she'd definately be pissed that Eric was being careless, because it gets him into so much trouble and she can't be there to protect him all the time. I wish they would have explored Calleigh's feelings about the relationship when she found out. After her reaction to seeing Eric with another girl, even though it was a misunderstanding, and Eric's obvious attempt not to let her find out, I really felt they should have done something with it. It's a shame that happened offscreen. What do you think her reaction would be to that?

Those spoilers from Corey Miller have made me really happy. We now know that we are going to at least get something from the upcoming storyline. If this doesn't spark the writers to start focusing on their relationship, then nothing will. Hopefully they will be reminded of the fantastic chemisty, something which is lacking on the show in general, and think about delving deeper with this couple. :)

7. delkolover

I think Calleigh knew about Eric and Natalia at some point she just didn't show it b/c she knew it was none of her bsuiness. Calleigh is the type of person her holds her cards close her chest and while she trusts Eric with Every Fiber of her Being she also respects him enough to respect his privacy.

However,I don't think she knew about them right away....but nothing in the lab is kept secret so I think she knew at some point b/c there is no way she is that clueless!! Whether she knew about the pregnancy scare or not is something enitrely different.

But you definately right Ali if that was Calleigh who had the pregnancy scare Eric would have been all over her to go the doctor and he would have dropped what he was doing to go with her!!!

8. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

Oh dear, I feel another long-winded post coming on. Run for your lives!

I just watched ‘Rampage’ again, and I am more convinced than ever that it was a huge deal for this ship. First of all, Eric and Calleigh hadn’t had literally any screen time together at all in the episodes shortly before this one, and all of a sudden they are thrust together in a big way. It wasn’t just one scene, because with that you could argue the writers just thought ‘Hey, Adam and Emily haven’t had a scene in a while, let’s put them together!’ it was a good handful of them, spanning across a really important event. Firstly, we got a cute little scene with them talking about Gloria; we hadn’t had one of those in ages. Then Calleigh gave Eric some advice, which she did multiple throughout the episode, and it just solidified the fact that they care and are looking out for each other all the freaking time.

Another thing that struck me was that Calleigh allowed Eric to help at the crime scene. She is a consummate professional, and I get the feeling that with anybody else she would have told them to leave because their conflict of interest would compromise the integrity of the case. But she saw the look in Eric’s eyes and knew he needed to be there helping, so she let it slide. Do you really think she would do that for just anybody? The first thing she asked Eric when he arrived at the scene was how his sister was. I know something huge had just happened, but even with that it seems very rare that Calleigh would initiate a conversation about personal matters whilst she was on the job.

And then of course, Calleigh being there when Eric found out Marisol had passed away. The way she was looking at him reminded me so much of the way he looked at her in 10-7:

[​IMG]
    and again

Dude, look at the pain in her eyes! She looks so conflicted. You know she wants to reach out a touch him, but they are so unsure of themselves around each other that she’s torn about what to do, which I why she just stood there looking extremely awkward. :(

Just her being there spoke volumes as well, I mean, why put her there at all? I suppose you could say somebody needed to be there to process the GSR, but it felt important that it was Calleigh. They didn’t need to have her there for the phone call, they could have easy have made Eric move off to one side to find out the news, but they kept her there, and then during the call cut to her reaction twice. It wasn’t quick flashes as well, the camera stayed on her for a good few seconds. They shot in a way that made it seem that they really wanted you to see both Eric and Calleigh’s reactions. Why? She was hardly involved at all in this storyline, her only link is to Eric. It felt very purposeful if you ask me.

Do I think about this way too much? Probably, but the scenes speak for themselves dammit! :lol:

I think a large part of Eric and Calleigh's problem is that they've gotten far too comfortable with the walls they’ve built between each other, even though their feelings transcended them long ago. They seem so worried about showing or telling the other how they feel at all, because they’re afraid they’ll jeopardize their friendship or push another wedge between them. They’re probably really scared about their feelings and think that they don’t deserve each other or something, and if you ask me, things aren’t going to chance if the playing field stays the way it is now. Something needs to frighten/motivate them into realising life is too short and the risk is worth the reward. In a perfect world, the events of ‘Man Down’ could be that thing, but we know Miami can be far from perfect. :D [/endofridiculouslylongramble]

9. delkolover

I think the events in Man Down and the fact that Miller said their friendship is going to get stronger b/c of it are all steps in an envolution toward them coming together as a couple. Once again we will just have to be patient and see but I definately think a strengthening of their friendship is a definite step in the right direction. To get them together now all of sudden, esepcially since it would seem their friendship/flirting has leveled (ie we get sporatic scenes of them) out would be too unrealistic.

It is a wait and see approach guys. I know it is hard but that is what we have to do!

10. midnight_tiptoes

I don't remember much of Rampage. I purposely blocked out most of the season 4 episodes.

I think the problem with being friends first is that you always live with the fear of losing the other person as a friend. You get together with someone and it ends badly, or even if it ends at all, it'll never be the same. Eric and Calleigh's friendship is so strong that I think at this point they'd rather not risk it than lose each other. Eventually, however, they may have to make a choice. If one or the other enters a serious relationship, there's a good chance that their friendship might suffer anyway, so one of them is going to have to say something.

Basically, this sums it up for me. From Imogen Heap's Goodnight and Go:

Must you make me laugh so much?
    It's bad enough we get along so well

I imagine falling in love with your best friend has got to be the most frightening experience in the world.

11. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

'Rampage' is definately worth another watch.

If you think about it, their friendship is already suffering, has been for quite a while, and while a big piece of it is all the bad things that have happened to them, their escalating feelings probably contribute to that too. If there's something going on, even if it's only one-sided, there can't not be some kind of tension between them. Maybe with them, they choose to blame it on everything else that has happened, but the awkwardness is about so much more than that.

Question: Do you really think it's possible that they don't know how the other feels about them? I kind of find it hard to believe. I see it as more of 'We know it's there, but we're not going to acknowledge it because it makes it all too real.' Far too complicated. Eventually something is going to force them to do something with their feelings, whether a serious relationship, or something like 'Man Down'.

Dude, it's ridiculously hard, TPTB don't know what pain they're putting us through! Seriously, if I knew Eric and Calleigh I'd have gotten fed up with their dancing around each other and locked them in a closet until they sorted themselves out. I bet Tyler would have done that if he was still here, he'd have gotten fed up with them using his lab for their endless flirting. Maybe that's why they had to get rid of him. :lol:

Somebody gave me a Corinne Bailey Rae CD today, because apparently some relaxing music would 'do me good' :rolleyes:. Actually, it's pretty good, and a few of the songs suit E/C. This is my current favourite:

Breathless - Corinne Bailey Rae

Seems like everyone else has a love just for them,
    I dont mind, we have such a good time,
    My best friend, but sometimes, well,
    I wish we could be more than friends,
    Tell me do you know?
    Tell me do you know?
    Oh..

I get so breathless, when you call my name,
    I've often wondered, do you feel the same?
    There's a chemistry, energy, a synchronicity
    When we're all alone,
    So don't tell me
    You can't see
    What im thinking of.

I can understand that you don't want to cross the line,
    and you know I can't promise you things,
    Will turn out fine,
    But I have to be honest, I want you to be mine
    Tell me do you know?
    Tell me do you know?
    Oh...

I get so breathless, when you call my name,
    I've often wondered, do you feel the same?
    There's a chemistry, energy, a synchronicity
    When we're all alone,
    So don't tell me
    You can't see
    Oh!

Cause I've tried to do this right in your own time
    I've been telling you with my eyes, my heart's on fire,
    Why dont you realise?
    Tell me do you know?
    Tell me do you know?
    I get so breathless...

12. midnight_tiptoes

I think I agree. At least, I think Calleigh knows how Eric feels about her. Eric really can't hide his emotions well. From that scene in Simple Man, Eric's frustration when Calleigh pulled away was very obvious, and it sort of felt like it hadn't been the first time that they'd gotten that close, only to have Calleigh pull away.

As for Eric, I'm not sure. He's not exactly Mr. Confident. I think he knows how he feels about Calleigh, but I don't think he knows how Calleigh feels about him. Or at least, he couldn't believe that she returns his feelings because I think he thinks he's not good enough for her.

I wonder if Alethialia ever continued her series. She's seriously the best E/C writer out there. The way she writes the characters - it's amazing.

13. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

She never did. I only read it recently, and I left her a comment. From the sounds of things, she's fallen off the wagon. :(

I'd agree with that too, but I bet Calleigh feels like she doesn't deserve him either. She seems to be one of these people with a really self destructive personality. Subconciously, she seems to seek out guys that are only ever going to hurt her. I don't think she feels as thought she deserves to be happy. Either that, or she doesn't believe in true happiness. Even though her parents loved each other, they were never happy. As a child she must have seen he mother upset so many times because of her father's drinking that she thinks being in love with someone just makes it hurt that much more when they let you down. But of course, Eric would never do that. It's hard for people who grew up in broken and unhappy families to be in fuctional relationship and understand true happiness.

14. midnight_tiptoes

That's true for Calleigh, I think. I think she also dates guys who she knows she has no future with, that way she doesn't have to deal with the prospect of a serious relationship. And Calleigh seems to push these men away as soon as something, even something menial, goes wrong. I have no doubt she'd do it to Eric, too, except Eric wouldn't give up on them like Hagen and the others did.

15. CSI_Ali

CSI_Ali CSI Level One

God, it's all so true, this ship is extremely angst-ridden! I think that's part of the reason I love it so much. I think the awkwardness makes it all that more realistic, I know several couples who in truth really like each other but just can't seem to get over the 'more than friends' hurdle and stay that way forever. It's a very real-life circumstance. With Eric and Calleigh though, I get the feeling evntually there will be a make or break situation, where they have to choose either to take the risk or that's the end of their friendship, point blank. Every day that goes by, their feelings are getting stronger to the point where I think that sooner or later they'll come to the point where they can't be just friends anymore.

*sigh* They both deserve to be so happy though, and we know they'd make each other that way. They are so meant for each other.

Let's get something more cheerful back in here:

[​IMG]
    Heh

Happier times. Didn't you just love that? Poor Eric wasn't even the one really talking about the site, yet she yelled at him. Him alone too, I like how she convienietly left Tyler out of her rant. She doesn't care about what he;s doing, but Eric looking at this kind of thing is a major problem for her. Would you get mad at your friend for something like that? I didn't see her strike down Valera for her porn enjoyment. She really hates it when he looks at other women. The looks on their faces are priceless. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.