Eric & Calleigh #19 - Spontaneous Nudity Bound To Occur

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can post it wherever you want. You can even post it in the fanfic forum here. And good question. Typically they're due on Dec 25th, but if you need an extra day or two, no one's gonna kidnap you and feed you to wolves.

but if you need an extra day or two, no one's gonna kidnap you and feed you to wolves.

Nah, that's probably just if you back out on the challenge. *hides*

Anyway, I was watching that one episode today...I don't remember which one and I really don't care since it was S4, lol, but Eric and Calleigh were playing in the sand, heh. And I could so see Eric building a sand castle, and then Calleigh stomping it, just to antagonize him. :lol: And so she can make him feel better afterwards, heh.

And then when the sprinkler came on? You could tell by the way they looked at each other that they so wanted to go "play" in the sprinklers. :devil:

Oh, that episode!

789.jpg

You know they're weighing in the pros and cons of jungle lovin'.

I have a plot bunny, but it's so vague right now. Eh. Meh. I don't know what to do with it. I have all the Ryan/Valera parts, that it. I have no idea what to do with Eric/Calleigh. I think I'm going to add some Horatio/Natalia. Anyone a fan of that?

midnight_tiptoes said: I think I'm going to add some Horatio/Natalia. Anyone a fan of that?

Ummm... No! *lol*

Hey I really started the challenge fic yesterday! But damn you, Ali, why did you have to include the Shatner?! I'm having so much fun with him right now, that I wonder if it'll ever be an E/C fic! Because it's just a Star Trek/Boston Legal x-over fic at the moment.... Bleeehhh! Damn you! ;) (Oh, but can I just say: Yay!Hypnotoad!)
Gonna go to work now....

They took away the Hypnotoad because it was too large (bytes wise) and I don't know how to fix it :(.

Haha, I had to include Shatner, since I have an unhealtly obsession towards him. He's a legend. I totally need to find a way to work Denny Crane into my fic :).

I think we need a topic. Let's try this: What was the one moment that made you a Hip Hugger?

For me, I can't really remember one stand-out moment (shame on me!). Back when I first started watching CSI, I just used to catch random episodes here and there, so I wasn't really following the larger plots with the characters, but I remember how much Eric and Calleigh stuck out to me in every little scene they had together. I'm not the person that gets into a program and then immediately looks for something to ship either, but they just drew me in with their natural chemistry. I never made a consious decision that I liked the couple, they just were perfect.

I think the moment I became truly hooked/obsessed with them was the first time I saw 10-7. Not only did it appeal to my angsty side, but the way Eric looked at Calleigh was so sad, you took tell we just wanted to wrap his arms around her and let her cry her eyes out all over his shoulder. He really wanted to reach out to her. That episode still breaks my heart. I'll repost this:

107-5.jpg

I've never seen Star Trek or anything Shatner related, so that's gonna be a tough one. Damn you all.

I became a Hip Hugger pretty easily. Like 3 years ago I was channel surfing at my dad's and suddenly I saw this guy (Adam) and I thought, "wow, he looks Puerto Rican," and he was in this lab doing something and suddenly this blonde girl walked in. They started flirting a bit and I thought it was kinda cool, because being biracial myself, I'm a huge sucker for interracial relationships. And then this old dude walked in and mentioned something about a guy named Hagen and the camera immediately zoomed in on the Latino guy's face, and he looked really, really annoyed/jealous/etc. And then he confirmed that Hagen was the boyfriend and I knew from the way he acted that it was killing him. My first thought was, "oh, this is one of those I'm in love with you but you're taken so I can't do much but stand here and give you lovey dovey looks while another guy gets to have you plots. I changed the channel and didn't watch the rest of the episode.

Then one day I was online and I was pretty bored, and for some reason I wandered into the CSI: Miami community at LJ. It was pretty small and quiet, but this girl was posting screen caps of some of the episodes because back then there were no Miami screen caps anywhere to be found. I remember she posted this screen cap in the community:

csi001-1.jpg

And asked if she was the only one who didn't mind seeing something between Eric and Calleigh. There were a lot of H/C shippers back then, but a few people said they were E/C shippers. I followed the link to her screen caps and also found this one:

bunk2.jpg

I was sold. I went to Blockbuster the next day and rented season 1, and I've been a Hip Hugger ever since. The huge E/C movement actually started at fanforum.com. I went over there and the board was really small, and there was a shipper thread. There were some E/C shippers there, but they were really quiet. So me and Brandon decided to open a E/C thread and suddenly all these people showed up! We were the loudest thread there. It was awesome. Then we kinda relocated here.

You've never seen anything with Shatner in? Emergency! Run down to your nearest DVD/Video store and buy Season 1 of Boston Legal. It's hilarious. He's been in loads of other things too. Star Trek, Futurama, the film Miss Congeniality and he's even had a few records out. :lol:

Anyway, I'm totally stuck with the challenge at the moment. I've got two semi-ideas floating around in my head right now. One is the usual silly, comic, story-without-a-real-plot kinda fic, and the other is a little more serious. I think I may do both, I just need a point to start from.

I found another Lamb song that fits E/C well. I dunno if it's been mentioned before or not, but anyway:

Please - Lamb

It's two in the morning
And I'm calling your name
Your voice on the line is
So far away
And my heart reaches out there
And finds you gone
You walk a path lonely
But you're never alone

And I'm begging you please
Please
Let me in
Please
please
Let me in

I know there are times when
In ashes you lie
Each one has a shadow
We can't deny
But there in your darkness
Living your pain
Wanna wrap you in love, babe
Again and again

I'm begging you please
Please
Let me in
Please
please
Let me in

Listen my tiney one
Gonna make it on your own
Look at what we have done to heal

Please please
Let me in
Please
please
Let me in
I'm begging you
I'm begging you
I'm begging you
Please
please
Please

To be honest I am not really sure how I became an E/C shipper!! I was never into H/C...I just couldn't see it happening.

The first episode I saw was Death Grip...totally E/C undertones in that one. I didn't immediately see them together but they did intrigue me. So I went out and bought the DVD's and became an even bigger shipper when I saw how the writers would throw in occassional hints but never do anything....that just screamed to me that these two characters belong together. I think it also helps that Adam and Emily have excellent on screen chemistry.

Grand Prix is another one of my favorites b/c she feels the need to step closer to him and be totally flirtatious with him in the pit scene before asking for the other drivers help.

I miss the days when they would flirt with one another during a case...or anytime for that matter!

I've got started on the challenge piece, it's really bad but I'm having a lot of fun with Valera, I should write her into things more often :).

Did you ever get around to making any of those banners/avs Caro?

I've never seen Star Trek or anything Shatner related, so that's gonna be a tough one. Damn you all.

Me neither, nor do I have any idea what the Carlton dance is, which is why I'm gonna sit this one out and watch and wait for what y'all come up with. :D

My first Hip-Hugger moment...hmm. Well, I started watching at the beginning of season three, then after a few episodes of that and watching some of season one, I was a pretty big H/C shipper. I hadn't even gotten to the Simple Man episode yet, but I went online and I think I was lurking around in here and somebody posted the cap of the Hip-Hug. And I was all, "whoa...he's gonna kiss her! ...They're hot." :D And I switched ships for the first of like twelve billion times. :lol:

And then I saw the episode, and I was disappointed there wasn't a kiss. :( But yeah, that one cap got me. :D

midnight_tiptoes said:
Oh, that episode!

789.jpg

You know they're weighing in the pros and cons of jungle lovin'.

I have a plot bunny, but it's so vague right now. Eh. Meh. I don't know what to do with it. I have all the Ryan/Valera parts, that it. I have no idea what to do with Eric/Calleigh. I think I'm going to add some Horatio/Natalia. Anyone a fan of that?

That pic makes me want to think about that scene in the Lion King where they started to play that song that goes "Can't you feel the love tonight..."

I've mentioned Horatio/Natalia before. I am all for it unless Yelina would come back.

And I was all, "whoa...he's gonna kiss her! ...They're hot."

My first impression after watching The Best Defense and seeing that screen cap was that Eric and Calleigh had been together during season one and then broke up at the end of the season, and Eric was still in love with her during season 2. When I rented season 1 and found out they'd never even kissed I was SO disappointed! But yeah, no one can deny that the Hip Hug is definitely not a friendly moment. It's got pretty sexy/romantic undertones.

I'm having a lot of fun with Valera

Valera is my favorite character to write for. She's just so funny and cute. Any fanfic with Valera in it, even if it's the worst fic ever, is an instant winner.

Did you ever get around to making any of those banners/avs Caro?

I'm in the process.

I'm proud to be a Star Trek virgin and I wanna die that way.

Look, I taught myself how to make GIFs:
HipHug.gif

Now all I need to do is learn how to use one of those artsy fartsy programs and I can make banners/avs with moving crap included. We do need some, E/C needs to represent a little more on these boards. What programs do you guys use to make your art stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back