Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

:(:(:(:( No...this makes me sad :(:(:(:(
    Hope has faded....

I checked out the pics for episode 5 and he's leaving :(:( The caption under the pic says that Eric & Calleigh's relationship reaches a turning point, what does that mean....:scream: I don't want him to go, please don't leave her Eric, she needs you.

I think he looks upset when he is hugging her and she is trying her best to hold it together. No, its not fair. They are supposed to live happily ever after and have lost of cute babies...:(

Now it makes me think of Come Back To Me by David Cook...when you find you...come back to Calleigh, Eric, she loves you.

oh yeah, if you wanna sneak peak at the pics, I posted the link on twitter, if not PM me

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

NOO!!! Just looking at the pics make me sad. Alexx is there too. What do they mean by turning point in E/C relationship??? I hope they don't break up, the pics of them hugging and Eric leaving look so depressing. It's like this is really it. *sighs* Looks like it is going to be a tough episode for hiphugger fans!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

My heart is aching -I 'd surely have a box of tissue beside me when I watch this ep. Nevertheless I won't lose hope till I see the last ep that Adam will be in. I don't know but I still feel very positive that this love story will end with a "happily ever after".

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:Are you really sure that is a good idea? We are to be in denial for 2009 and 2010. We had our hiphuggerthing monday.

If theese pictures are true, then :evil: ratings
    And Texmex the petidtion(?) is more important now....Let me know what you plan or think?

If Alexx is there....Is he sick? Cancer or ....? It would leave writers choice of dying or living pending on rating?
    Oh ---ratings help me out here...Let them go down -let them go down

Well - ok - I have not seen them yet and would like to.:(

5. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Guys, we knew this was coming; Adam's only in 10 episodes this season :rolleyes:! What I was afraid of, based on the spxxxxres, that Eric would leave without talking or saying goodbye to Calleigh. That's obviously not the case :)! So, cheer up! The writers, I think for once, are on our side! What we really need to do now, like Aj just said, is start taking some action to get Adam back on the show! La_Llorona, (or anybody else who can come up with an idea), just tell us what we need to do :thumbsup:!

6. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

Thank you so much for the twitter link texmex:)

I really don't like that he is just walking away like that.. that's gotta mean that he is leaving.:(:(
    But about the hug.. it looks like he's just giving everything he has into that hug! Looks like he just wants her in his arms forever..:adore: ....apparently not:shifty:

In my imagination it looks like they've just kissed.. but again.. probably not.:shifty:

7. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hello Guys!!!

Thanks for the link La_Llorona:thumbsup:

If he is leaving in that episode... I wonder what causes him to do so. At least we'll get a hug... and maybe a kiss(wishful thinking;)).
    looks like its gonna be an emotional eppy but I'm still looking forward to it only for the fact that he still has a few more episodes to go...

8. Miamikiller

Miamikiller Dead on Arrival

Hello,
    Please help me here..I'm reading all your messages here and I'm not authorized to send PM so can someone help me and tell me where i can see those pix...please? I can't imagine to have this couple stop on tv and I'll do anything i can to help bring back Delko (I mean almost anything)...
    Thank you

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ah ...don´t worry...I can´t get to see them either....But in tread Spoiler tread" in main forum. You can see some other pic. and they look happy in thoose...

:guffaw::guffaw:So let us just say ....the rest can have the "Bad pic" and "Bad episode" and you and I watch that one;)

I have 2 questions for you all:

1. Was Emily P ever a perfume girl in "Friend" ????

2. A petition would be a site where we all sign or a letter we all send to CBS?

I remember a letter someone send once - Note: not a happy one but we all have every right to disagree with us. So please don´t start anything there - but you can go see in Dear Writers tread #26 or there is post 15(?)- is that the direction we want or are we doing a polite bye-bye letter?

The biggest impact -IMO- is ratings....so hopefully nobody is watching when Adam is not on ....but for me it has to be centered around this ship ....I want a happy ending either in the remaining 7 or on his full return next season...

I would list my reasons for enjoying the ship. What it adds to show and what possiblities it adds to storylines and characterdevelopment. Every show has to have a niche or trademark that sets it apart from others. And as I have posted before being innovative and daring in their progession of show.

10. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Hi Ajbuckly!

I just checked my DVD & yeah Emily played a perfume girl in friends(season 2)
    she looked so young so I had to look at the end credits to make sure it was really her.:)

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Now lets look at these...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

I don't know, but he looks sad while sitting down, but that hug only says to me that he's happy she supports his decision to leave and she's crying because of that reason - he's leaving the team. (Man that hug is incredible!!)

I don't think its completely over. If they do part in this episode, like he mentioned before in an ET interview, they may split up and get back together. He has 7 more episodes to do, so lets not give up hope!! I'm still faithful all will be ok. As far as Alexx being there, maybe she's telling that he can't go back in to active duty because of the surgery or there are fragments still in his brain and that's the reason he leaves?? That's my thought because he got reinstated in Bolt Action... what are your thoughts??

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I don't know, but from the looks of the photos, I don't think its over for Eric & Calleigh. In two of the pictures you can clearly see Cal's face and she does not look sad that he's leaving, or sad that they're breaking up. So, I think perhaps he tells her he doesn't want to stay at the MDPD, needs to go figure things out, but that (I hope) he loves her and will come back to her... or maybe he's not leaving town at all, just leaving the MDPD... so not leaving her. I think she supports him in his decision, hence the reason why she doesn't have a sad face.

As for Alexx, I think spoilers said Eric gets way too involved with the case, takes it personally I guess (the photos where he's sitting down looking all despondent), and that leads to his decision to leave. Perhaps Alexx is there to tell him to calm down, not take things so deeply (or whatever the issue he's having is). He wasn't cleared to go back to work medically in Bolt Action, only cleared by IAB. He did tell Calleigh that he had some medical clearances to get thru before he could come back to work... spoilers say that in episode 8.05 he gets his clearance & goes to Alexx to tell her, since he's at the hospital anyway, and thats where he hears about the case.

13. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

I agree...

I did not interpret the pictures as a break-up scene at all. I see it as a goodbye from his job. It's hard to say from the spoilers and these pictures if they are a couple right now or if they are still resolving the issues from the finale arc. Regardless of where they stand going into this episode, friends or lovers, these pictures imply that Eric's leaving the job happens with them on good terms. In my mind, that leaves them completely open to continue or renew their love affair. Despite recent events, Calleigh clearly loves him and wants the best for him. I suspect we are going to see him tortured (internally) by the case and his leaving will seem like the right decision for him (like Sarah on CSI). I think Calleigh will see it that way and support his decision.

I have no evidence to back this up, but I also doubt that Eric is leaving Miami. My hope and belief is that he will take another job and we will hear about him from Calleigh periodically. This also makes his incorporation into subsquent episodes more believable and not an exact duplication of the Sarah/Grissom sequence from CSI. This also leaves the option open for them to remain a couple, albeit offscreen most of the time. Per the spoilers for 8.06, Jesse makes a comment to Calleigh that he didn't get to say goodbye to Eric and wonders how things are going. Reportedly Calleigh smiles and says something like, "I think it's a good thing..." My shipper heart wants to assume this means things are going well for them...;)

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

VirGodess, thanks for this :)!

Actually, I started tearing up just looking at the pictures. I will definitely need a box of tissues when I watch this episode!
    So I tried to zoom in as much as possible, and Cal's definitely crying in one of them. Also, one of the hugs looks a lot like a kiss; that, or he has his face buried in her neck :adore:! Or maybe it's wishful thinking on my part :lol: ! And I agree that the hugs are incredible! They're so much more powerful and intimate :drool:than the one we had in 7.16.
    My take on this? I think Eric doesn't just want to leave MDPD, but he wants to leave town for a while. I think he wants to take a break, go away for a bit... He's been through a lot after all! That's probably why Calleigh's crying. But they're definitely NOT breaking! This is not the way you hug somebody you're breaking up with.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  15. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

Hope we will get the whole set in HQ , because i want the hiphuggers scene on my desktop ... I think i will cry in this scene if Cal will cry or Eric ... I'm gonna miss Eric so much , it will be so sad without him , i need my fix of e/c every week , how im gonna survive lol

Can someone put the links of the picture in Hq if you find it pleasseee ?!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.