Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thank you Carla for posting the pics...you are wonderful! :thumbsup:

Oh no, Cal crying...twice in the span of 5 episodes....I don't think my shipper heart can take this. :( I am going to hold out hope like most of you guys are doing and say that this is a mutual break and that they are not breaking up. Its obvious that they are still very much in love and the way that Eric seems to be clinging to Calleigh seems like it is something that he doesn't want to do, but needs to do. I think that Eric needs to find himself once again and I am 110% that all roads will lead back to Calleigh.

In reading Kristine's review of Monday's episode (and after watching the locker room scene 4 times on my Ipod) I think that she was spot on. The separation and the uncertainty of the outcome of the IAB investigation did seem to take a toll on Calleigh. She normally does not show any kind of emotion but she was visibly upset when Ryan told her that they could both lose their jobs. Maybe she was expecting some kind of support from Ryan but instead the reality hit her. They could have lost their jobs...and even worse lost each other.

This is gonna be a bumpy ride hiphuggers, lets try & keep some faith that we will get our happy ending...and start stocking up on tisses now, I think we will need them come a week from Monday.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi rhee52

She looks so different. I can´t put my finger on it....because she looks different, but it is the same hair and the same accent....Odd. IMO she doesn´t look like Em. P.:)

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Hey guys, it's Emily's B-day today! How about we all go to her thread to wish her a happy birthday :thumbsup:!

4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Happy birthday to Emily!

Thanks for posting the pics Carla! First of all, let me say that those pics bring me some hope. I'm devastated that Adam is leaving, but these pics at least give me some hope that things between him and Calleigh will be OK. These two hugs are just amazing and I can't wait to see these pics in HQ. I hope he just decided that that job is not right for him anymore and that he wants to do something else with his life. I also hope we'll get to here "I love you" from these two, and maybe a kiss or two. :) Anyway, I still have hope and I can't wait to see this epi.

5. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Aww you're welcome for the pics ;)

You know I have to agree with this. Why else would they bring him in and out of episodes if they would just cut their relationship short? Maybe its killing him inside that they can't be together (pic of him sitting on the couch sad faced when Calleigh comes in his presence) and so he makes the decision based on whats he's been going through and for Calleigh. Maybe he is going to the night shift...maybe he's definitely leaving :confused: If the spoilers you read are right for 8.06, and Calleigh says its a good thing, than that to me sounds like a given that they're back on and happy because now they don't have to worry about IAB on their backs about the relationship. Now they can be free to be with each other without anything getting in their way.

Hot dang! I think I'm on to something... :lol:
    What do you think???

6. rrpinky

rrpinky Civilian

Hello everybody I'm new here posting but I have been here for almost two years reading all your posts!
    I've always been a hiphugger and I thought that this moment was the right time to start posting and give my support to all of you and obviously our ship!

7. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Definitely think you're onto something! :lol: :D

I think C/E will get back together down the road, hopefully later this season. Maybe in 8x05 they realize if they want to be together they can't work together, but don't get back together just yet. Of course, Delko seemed a bit upset with Calleigh, so it'll take some time. :(

8. rhee52

rhee52 Hit and Run

Happy happy Birthday Emily!:)

I just saw the HQ version at csigalleryone.com wow its gonna be a super emotional episode for me... I can't wait to see those hugs, it looks so intense. I hope that the turning point would be that they'll finally say "I love you" to each other.. I'm also wondering if while eric was walking away based from one of the pics he turned & went back to calleigh to hug her super tight (my romantic mind is running wild again hehehe...) & maybe tell her that he could not live without her. I'm still trying to be optimistic:)

After this episode I'm also interested to see how they are gonna bring eric back in his remaining episodes

9. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Is there are reason we think those are two separate hugs and not just the same hug from two angles? They look to be in pretty much exactly the same position in both.

I'm with those who don't think this is a breakup. I think she's look a lot more upset in a breakup -- and I also don't think they'd break up AT work. You'd think they'd save that for outside the office.

I do think it's interesting that they're having such a blatant PDA in the workplace, though. I mean, granted it's the locker room not the lobby or a lab, but if memory serves, they've tried to be careful about keeping it strictly professional at work. And sure, everyone has pretty much figured it out, but they'd still likely keep it under wraps in the office just out of professional courtesy. I'm guessing they are still staying together and he's leaving MDPD, thus freeing them up to be as out-and-proud about their relationship as they'd like.

10. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Welcome rrpinky and have fun posting.

There might be two hugs but they did the same thing with the "kiss" there is a pic. outthere where Call´s arm is differently placed then the kiss-arms:guffaw: we got on screen. There was perhaps a re -take we will see on the DVD or NOT!
    IMO
    Alexx is telling Eric the headaches (as Eric said to Ryan) is XXXXX and he will stay off duty doing some else in Miami. So he could drop in as Santas little helper of recovery? and/or it is a case of his and they need help.
    I have begun to wonder what besides ratings could bring him back? Has the show with the addition of Jesse taking a turn that will not bring them back to Eric. More to the point I was surprised at the drinking/cocktail scene as we have debated that idea in Eric days but didn´t get it. Showrunners have fun and relaxed team in order to intro Jesse nice and fun. But for Eric to return and replace Jes...I mean Hotbod.. I don´t see that right now. So Eric as replacement for Walter? Perhaps. Super H is a given and Nat/Call. only women left so.....

As the Call remark to Jesse....if his line is: I wonder how he is doing and I am sorry I didn´t get to say goodbye then IMO he is gone as CSI and he is not close by as Jesse could ask himself. So Night or Hang shift is out. She replys: It is a good thing ...1. has time on his own 2. didn´t have to say goodbye. (As not to be more sadded) IMO indicates he is going to pass the medical tjeks.

But again ....an apeal to any fan who has the skills ...A complete clip vid. with nice build - up ...Pretty please and sending love and happy thoughs your way. Aj

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  11. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Happy birthday Emily:beer:
    When I look at these photos I don't think it's their break up. I mean the way they are looking at each other and hugging:adore: definitely means something totally different for me:). She looks at him with pure love in her eyes:luvlove:. And in the picture where they hug it looks like he's kissing her neck or hair, it's hard to say, but I don't think it's something you do to your friend, at least I wouldn't do it (I guess in that case kiss on the cheek would be more appropriate, but maybe I'm wrong;)). So on the one hand it looks good, but on the other I have some doubts. I don't know why they say good bye in the locker room:confused:? If they are still together they could do it in the privacy of their home or I should say bedroom, if you know what I mean:lol:.
    In spite of everything I still hope that in the end everything will be OK and they will be together and will have beautiful, cute E/C babies. Not to mention big wedding:). Although I am not counting on too much, because it's better be nice surprised than disappointed:).

12. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I think they are separate hugs. If you click on the pics to enlarge them... in one hug her arms are around his waist, and in the other hug, her arms are around his neck.

With the looks on their faces in every picture for that locker room scene, there is no way anyone could say that is a break-up. You don't smile like that, look like that at someone and break up with them. Eric's not going to bury his face in Calleigh's neck when he hugs her and then break up with her. In one pic where they are facing each other, Eric's hand is up at her face... you don't touch someone like that and break up with them. Furthermore, with all that... I get a strong feeling that he's going to utter those fabulous words "I love you" to Calleigh.

It does look like Calleigh's eyes are glassy in the picture of the hug where her arms are around his neck, and in the pic where his hand is up at her face... so I think he's going to be leaving for a little while and she'll miss him. In the pic where his hand is by her face, her eyes could be glassy because he's just said those 3 little words. :)It would make me tear up too!

So I think it's going to be an "I need to go find myself, but I love you and I'll be back for you" kind of scene. And when he comes back for his 7 more episodes, he'll be back in Miami, with Calleigh, doing something different than being a cop or CSI.

And someone mentioned the pic where he's leaving... that it'd be nice if the 2nd hug happened after that... where he turns around and goes back to her for one last hug. I agree! I'd love for that to happen.

13. Cbelle98

Cbelle98 Victim

Hi Everyone!

New poster here. I've been lurking around for about a year now and finally decided to join in on all the fun. I know there's a lot of craziness going on with our favorite couple but I'm going to hang on to my E/C hope that everything will work out.

Wow, we finally got some good Eric/Calleigh photos. I honestly don't believe this is break-up parting. I think the situation is going to be something like this: Eric comes back to work and for whatever reason this particular case really gets to him and makes him realize that hey maybe I need to take a step back and get my head together.

Which in my opinion totally makes sense because hey the guy just went through a traumatic ordeal...not too mention the fact that he had BRAIN SURGERY!! Seems like he might be jumping back into things a little too soon.

I think the pictures are of Eric telling Calleigh that he needs a bit of time and of course she's going to be upset but she's also going to understand. I'm really curious to see the conversation that occurs between them.

So our lovely Eric will go away for awhile but will utilmately realize what we all already know that Calleigh is the girl for him and makes his way back into the picture. I think the remaining episodes that Adam is in will be about them finding their way back to each other.

What do you think? A girl can dream, right? :lol:

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Wow, 2 new members and so many posts in one day! What an active thread! Makes me very happy :)!
    Cbelle & rrpinky, welcome to our hipguggerland :thumbsup:! If you love E/C as much as we do, then you`ll really feel at home here!
    And yes,
    They are definitely 2 different hugs; just look at their arm positions! As I already said, this is NOT the way you hug somebody you`re breaking up with. I think Eric just needs some time to get away and find himself. But he`ll be back :thumbsup:
    I`ll take a guess now and say that Cal won`t be the only one crying in that scene; I think Eric, along with the rest of us here, will also cry. I guess we`ll find out in about 1 1/2 weeks!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hey Aj! I don't know if you've seen these videos in YT already- these are compilations of EC scenes from Season 7 to 8.03.
    This is what I watch in my ipod every night before I go to sleep.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOAwLte42Gg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7yTajuPSlc&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DWHtl0DqCg&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cb0aAkBuQI&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IVFRIHbZF4&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-PmdCOtqE8

Enjoy!
    BTW, check out Adam's twit- a fan reminded him of Emily's birthday and this is his reply: thanks for the heads up!!! I reached out to her!!!:):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.