Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I think Horatio sorta knows the two are together, but he's not sure, so he lays back and doesn't mind it. Those tears in Calleigh's eyes in the finale couldn't have possibly gave her away, because he knows they know other for about 7 years, and friends do care deeply for each other.

When he finds out, I'm guessing he'll be talking to Eric first about it. He's easier to get into but not Calleigh. He'd be surprized, but you know Horatio he doesn't show surprize in a very 'surprizing way', maybe just a lift of his eyebrows and a shake of the head, but that's it. He'd definately have to bring up 'being careful around stetler', I don't think he'd really mind them being together. Maybe he'd suggest them switching partners, like dont work with each other on the field and stuff.... but we can surely tell that Horatio trusts them.

I really want something to watch on my break, or I'll go mad. most of season 7's episodes and both season 4 and 5 cant hold me.:lol:

2. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I saw the Monte Carlo interview and couldn't stop saying AWWWW when she talked about her wanting to have a baby soon and that it would work nicely if they played it out with the Eric and Calleigh relationship this year. I would be interested in how they would work this and actually have her out of the field... I was watching Criminal Minds and AJ Cook actually got pregnant while working on the show. Somehow they made it look like her entire pregnancy and maternity leave was for 3-4 weeks in Season 4. She had a big belly and all. Maybe that's how they should play it out... Of course it would mean we would have to wait for episodes to come out for a while :rolleyes: I can't see CSI:M without Calleigh but if they draw it out, maybe they'll do a lot of hiding her body in her first couple of months and then skip to when she's very pregnant and almost ready to deliver... I don't know..ramblings... I WANT TO SEE DOUBLE D BABIES!! :scream: :)

Oh I'm sure Eric would fight to keep it normal. I'm sure that would be a tough decision to make, but Eric loves her so much and now we know she loves him even more, so they won't be apart for long. It would be awesome to see how Duke plays into their relationship... Getting back together: I give it 3 weeks, tops! ;)

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

If they break up I guess both of them would fight to keep it as normal as possible. I mean they will have to work together, so quarells are definitely not something they need, though it won't be easy. And even if they break up I think sooner rather then later they get back together. After her reaction in the end of last episode I'm sure she loves him very much, even if she might be scared of how deep her feelings for him really are:). So there's a possibilty that she may run away from him for a while, but I still think she'll come back to him in no time. Because like Emily said he's the perfect choice for her and deep down inside she knows it. And I'm sure they won't be able to live whitout each other too long.;)

The interview was interesting, especially the part about babies. I wonder if she talked about it with producers and writers yet. And if she did what they said. I'm curious how they would solve it. Of course it'd be great to see D&D baby (can you imagine how happy Eric would be and how cute this baby would be:)), but it was in csi ny already, so I wouldn't want to see it goes the same way. I count on the ingenuity of tptb in this area though.:thumbsup:

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I saw the Monte Carlo interview and it was great :). I love the insight on Calleigh and why she is the way she is, especially when it comes to her dad being an alcoholic. I really thought it was interesting what she said about her wishing Calleigh would have to confront this and deal with it and how it would affect her relationship with Eric. The fact that she said that she thinks Eric is the right choice for Calleigh and that this year they'll delve more into the relationship adds hope to my belief that they'll stay together. I do think that it's pretty realistic that Calleigh would get freaked out about her relationship with Eric and would run away and in doing this realizes that she is running away from something she knows is good so she might have stuff she has to deal with. Right then it would be a good time for her to confront her emotions and her past and fears and it would be pretty nice to see her dealing with all of that. Of course later on she would realize that what she wants most is to be with Eric and they'll get back together ;).

The part about babies really got me thinking. Emily seemed really excited about it and about her being pregnant this year. The fact that she mentioned that it would play nicely with her relationship with Eric took me by surprise because I just can't see them writing the pregnancy into the show since NY just did that. IDK, guess we'll see...

This is a tough choice cause I can see it go both ways. If she would break up with him because of issues she seems to be dragging with her I can see her putting up a front and trying to pretend everything is alright mostly to convince herself that she is ok. So in that case I can see her trying to keep things as normal as possible so she doesn't feel like she's losing control. I can see Eric just being plain sad and with puppy eyes again and giving her sad smiles.

On the other hand if Calleigh does realize that she has stuff to deal with and really becomes vulnerable and raw because she is dealing with it then I see the opposite. I see Eric understanding (or trying to) what she is going through and trying to be there for her and keep things normal and I see Cal more of a wreck in this case.

Either way I see them reaching a point were Cal realizes that she is running away because she is scared and somewhere along the road I see her coming back and their relationship starting up again.

5. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Well I don't want them to break up AT ALL!! I would rather see her try to run away and him calm her down and level with her to where she realizes that he is not anything like her dad or the other men that have been in her life at all and that she needs him. And of course I'd like to have this all settled in one episode :thumbsup:

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I don't want them to break up either. They are so adorable together. I can see why Calleigh would be afraid and run away from Eric because she is afraid that he will turn out to be like every other man in her life. But she (Emily) had a point in her interview, Calleigh is very standoffish because of the environment she was raised in. Being the child of an alcoholic is not an easy thing to deal with.

If Calleigh were to try to break things off with Eric, I would hope that he would grab her and look her deep in the eyes and tell her that he isn't like her father and that he isn't going anywhere.

If she were to attend an Al-anon meeting like she (Emily) had mentioned in her interview, I would love for Eric to be standing outside supporting her. She would walk outside and see him standing in front of her car. I am sure that she would probably be a little upset about it, but I think deep down inside she would appreciate it.

I don't see Eric giving up on their relationship that easily, especially since they have fought so hard for this relationship.

7. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I totally agree!! I just don't want him letting her go that easy!!

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I loved the interview to death! She was so adorable and cute, her boy friend is a very lucky man! I'm thinking about watching it again, though I couldn't understand what some of the people were saying.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm with you guys in that I don't want them to break up. However I do think that what Emily was saying about Cal getting freaked because of having something good and running away is pretty realistic and something Cal would do. Trust me if I were a Miami writer they would overcome everything without breaking up ;).

Eric being there for her and helping her out through everything is something I would really like to see happening. Actually it is something I'm sure he would do. After all he is the right guy for Calleigh ;). If we ever finish this thread (which is moving very ssssllloooowww) we could play with Emily's words for a thread title.

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

That's something to look forward to:thumbsup:

Its so coincidental that I read this fanfic about Calleigh going to Al-anon. I think Eric would definitely support her in bettering herself. He will hang on to the hope of her coming to her senses and come back to him. She will, of course, realize that the person she pushed away is the person who will never leave her side, no matter what she's going through. He loves her unconditionally and I'm sure she's on the same level. If her relationship with her father does cause she and Eric to break up because of it, he'll be confused at first, but then he'll be understandingbe there for her. That's just the person he is and that's just the how much she means to him.

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I read that one too. I loved it. I think that Calleigh will be freaked because of the unwavering support that Eric has always given her. He will give her the space that she needs to get through that rough patch. I love that Emily knows that Eric is perfect for Calleigh (I just loved hearing that)

Eric will be her constant support because he loves her enough and knows her well enough that he will not push her. I can see where Calleigh would be frightened of what will happen. She might be thinking the worst while Eric knows that she is the one for him.

I know we are moving a little slow, blame it on the summer. :scream:

12. calleighfan1

calleighfan1 Victim

Yeah, Cal getting a little freaked out is right down her alley. But I would love to see Eric comforting her and telling her that he's there for her (in my opinion: better be for FOREVER).
    I love Emily Procter. She's so funny and cute!! I love watching the interviews of her- every time just makes you love her more!!! I also loved hearing Emily say that Eric is the right guy for Calleigh (cuz.... duh.... its true)
    OKAY:
    Seriously guys, it's been what 3 weeks??? I CAN'T LAST THE SUMMER!! Omg im going to die with out my Miami. Reruns aren't going to cut it. I NEED MY MIAMI MONDAYS!!
    How many more weeks? I need something to go on. All I have is the FanFictions and youtube and iTunes. I have no more room on my iPod!!!! Trouble!!! Let me tell you, same routine every day is getting old-fast. I watch Spike and A&E all the time. I only watch Spike because A&E doesn't run CSI Miami as much as Spike runs CSI Vegas and New York (not fair, A&E needs to put MORE CSI: Miami on there).
    Okay, I think I'm done ranting. (lucky for you guys- i'll be back when i have more withdraws) :)

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I read that fic too, it's called Moving On if I remember correctly. And I agree it is really great story.:thumbsup:

As for them breaking up, of course I don't want it either:(. But on the other hand if it might help her to understand that he's the one and only for her, well I could live with that if after that they get back together for good. Though I guess that maybe it won't happen, because Eric knows her well and he would understand she might have some issues with so serious relationship. So I'm sure he would do everything to sooth her and assure her that they can be happy and it doesn't have to mean something bad happens because of it. Maybe it wouldn't be easy for neither of them, but with his patience and love for her everything is possible. The more that he will certainly support her in anything she decides.

14. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

About Calleigh and Eric breaking up... Of course we don't want that... and I don't think that's what Emily meant in the interview...
    I might be wrong, but I think what she was referring to is the reason why Calleigh, because of all the emotional baggage she's carrying as the child of an alcoholic, didn't want to deal with her feelings towards Delco and turned to other men instead.
    We all remember the guilty look on her face (scene in front of the elevator in "Born to Kill") when she looked back and saw Eric. She knew he loved her, and we all knew she had strong feelings for him, but she chose to run away and hide in the arms of another man .
    Again, I might be wrong, but this is how I interpreted her statement.

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

If Calleigh were to break up, I think she would try to pretend that everything is normal and that she's not hurt and Eric's reaction could be different, depending on how she breaks up with him. If she makes some stupid excuse, I can imagine him being mad at her, maybe even tell her that she's just running away because she's afraid. If she explains to him that she's only trying to deal with stuff that have been bugging her, IMO he'll understand and be there for her. I see him telling her that he will wait for her or even convincing her that they don't need to break up in order for her to deal with her stuff and that he'll help her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.