Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dione1984

dione1984 Dead on Arrival

Its funny that were talking about season 4 because Im watching it right now. I liked season 4, mainly because Eric looked good.....really good in this season. I also thought that Calleigh was very pretty in this season as well. Hell everybody looked pretty damn good to me in this season. I also enjoyed the story lines in this season.

2. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I am really wanting to see this phone call btw Eric and Calleigh from episode 5x01, does anyone know where I can view it? I have looked all over you tube and found nothing and I don't remember it at all even though I watched that episode. Season 8 can NOT come soon enough!! I really would like to see Calleigh find Eric and tell him how she can't live her life without him for a change. Eric is the only one who has really confessed his feelings, we know she feels that way, just would be nice to hear her say it!!

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Here you go!

Its the first half, but from 9:59 mins - 10:54, they have a conversation. I see something there.

RIO part 1

Season 4 was very Eric based, but Calleigh had some moments there. I think they started growing closer in that season for sure. She was there for him in some crazy moments that season. I just didn't like him and Natalia at all. They just had to put him with her though. Maybe it was done to just get that over with because it was obvious they'd make him get with the new girl. Anyway, he's Cal's man now :p

4. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Thanks so much!! that is a great scene!!

5. electra

electra Pathologist

I didn't mind EDEN much( I sort of liked them) becouse there was no threat for E/C in the long term.Also becouse E/C were not close at the time,it was no harm done.Calleigh and Jake was upsetting becouse she knew Eric felt something for her and we had good moments in season 5 and 6 but she went with Jake.So I can see why a player like Eric would want to have a good time with a pretty girl better then I can understand Calleigh kissing Jake in "Born to Kill".I am not blaming Calleigh for anything becouse IMO she was free to do what she wanted ,it's mainly for a shipper perspective.

6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

To be completely honest the first half of season 5 annoyed me just as much as season 4 did. I'm not denying that there seemed like there was little something between Calleigh and Eric during their phone call in Rio but that really seemed like the only thing in the beginning part of the season. For me, things really seemed to pick up for them starting with the episode Throwing Heat and Eric's feelings for Calleigh seemed to start almost immediately after he was shot when he woke up in the hospital and she was there.

It kind of hurts for me to watch their scene in Broken Home because I feel so bad for Eric when Calleigh was going over his evidence or whatever and realized that he messed up.. but I think he knows that she meant well and was trying to help. He obviously wasn't too upset with her because then we get to the episodes like Just Murdered, Burned, Kill Switch,and Born to Kill where he already seems like he's in love with her given the short amount of time after his shooting. But I'm pretty sure he felt something for her before he was shot.. the feelings just really came to the surface afterward. But that's beside the point, and I don't even remember what my point was in the first place..

Anyway, I'm so ready for season 8. I just don't know what to expect anymore. I know what I WANT to happen but there's just no telling what Miami is going to go. It's like, they're so predictable and cliche, we don't know what's going to happen.. but when something does happen, it's not surprising at all. What, we're only half way through June? And the new season starts in September, right? Spoilers need to hurry up and start coming out.:)

7. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hi all :)

I know I havn't posted in here since the finally, and I don't even think I posted after that, but here I am.

And I don't mean to go off topic (i'm not sure what it is) but I wanted to say that I love Eric and Calleigh they are the cutest couple on the face of the earth!!

and I was watching some clips on youtube that I havn't seen before of them, and they are adorible :)

and I'm not sutre what epi it is, or what season (though Eric had his buzzed hair) but it is one of my fave scenes...

it's after the old bullets fall off the desk and blow up the ballistics lab, and eric comes in and holds her hand (so freaking cute!) and then he says "lets find the other bullet" and he starts looking, but she stays seated just poking around with a stick, which I thought was really cute, becouse she was upset, and it was funny, then he finds it, and she calls him her hero, love it!!

oh and I also like the scene where she gets some glass in her hand, and he pulls it out for her, and she says "Eric" that was cute...

there are so many, and so little time... but I lo0ve them :)

ok i'm all hiper now...

SMW

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I agree with you JoannaRose897: I think that Eric always did have feelings for Calleigh and after he got shot it made him realize that he shouldn't hide those feelings anymore.

I think that Calleigh having to point out Eric's faults was hard on her because she knows that he knows his job inside and out. She had that doubt in the back of her mind that he came back to work too fast (she said so in down to the wire) which made her want to protect him even more.

September is so far away :(

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I am sooo with you on this!! This show, while I love it has become a little predictable and cliched and yet there are times that even though we know it is going to be predictable we still don't know what is going to happen and when it DOES happen we are often left going: "WTF?"

I am hoping season 8 will be as Caruso implied; a sort of restart or "going back" to the ways of season 1. With E/C still together of course ;) While the answer to what will happen with E/C is probably staring me right in the face, I just can't figure out how the writers intend to resolve or wrap up what happened in the finale. I just really hppe we don't get the old cliche; "this happened and my (Calleigh) emotions got the better of me...we are too close and we need to step back." :rolleyes:

I really hope that her concern for him and her feelings for him outweigh any doubts she might have about them staying together. I DO get the feeling that a simple resolution or loophole depending on how you want to look at is, is that the situation with his father really didn't/doesn't have anything, other than her pleas, to do with them on a romantic level. His decision to help his dad really had everything to do with work and professionalism. Her having shot at him puts that extra dramatic twist on it b/c they are romantically involed and while she might be upset with herself for letting her emotions get the better of her b/c he is missing and possibly injured by her hand, I think her emotions and love for him will outweigh anything else happening.

Ya know they might move past it in the premiere and who knows it could reer its ugly head again down the line during season for angst but I really feel his "missing" and his possible injury will, hopefully, be solved w/in the first half hour. I can't see them dragging it out through the whole ep since we have had to wait all summer...that would be overkill even for this show!! :lol:

As for spoilers, I am keeping my eye on my site b/c I know the writers returned to work this month to hash storylines and prep and the cast comes back sometime in July to begin shooting the new season (info courtesy of Corey Miller). So, I am optimistic that by say the second or third week of July we will have some spoilers ;) I just hope that what I do see reveals and answers some of our questions b/c we still have to wait to September to know how it all fully plays out.

And on a side note, idk if any of you have ever seen those commercials for "KGB." It is a text messaging service that boasts that you can ask them anything and they will research it for you and text you back an answer. Well as a goof I texted them and asked if Emily was definately returning for season 8 and they said yes! When I asked about her signing a long term contract...they said they didn't have access to contract info. If someone has heard anything about her contract, please do share!!

10. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I really honestly hope they'll move past it. If Calleigh broke up with Eric.. to be honest, I wouldn't blame her one bit. I mean, okay, he lied to her once in Dissolved and I don't really consider anything he said to her in the finale as a lie but still, it was one lie. And considering her past history with horrible guys, I just don't see her tolerating much. But then again, things are way differrent when it comes to her and Eric. Not that I'm complaining, I absolutely love them together. And it's so completely clear now how much Calleigh cares for him. Like if it wasn't clear before, her display of emotion at the end of Seeing Red was very telling.

So hopefully they'll find Eric and he won't be too terribly hurt. Calleigh will hopefully be overwhelmed with happiness that he's okay and still alive that she won't be upset with him for ignoring her pleas to be careful. The Calleigh/Eric romantic part is very small in this whole 'Eric involved with his father who is involved with the Russian mob' situation. And the only question I have about that is.. is Eric going to be in trouble with the law? Or his Horatio going to somehow find a way to get him out of trouble. Which I have a feeling is what's going to happen if he is in trouble with the law.

I just have so many questions about season 8. I mean, without any spoilers and with a month to wait for them.. I am going to go insane.:rolleyes: I mean, is Stetler going to be in this season more than he was in season 7.. and if he is in it at all will any of his screentime have to do with the E/C relationship being outed? Really, Ryan already knows.. there's no question about that and he's only mentioned it to Natalia when he suspected it. I've given up on the possibility of their realtionship being outed in a way that will lead to drama and Stetler, though. I really think that everyone will just know about it and not say anything. I'd be fine with that. I think they deserve to be happy. Those two do not need anymore drama!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Spoilers, in a month? Yeah!
    I just hope the writers don't play the "hot & cold" game with us! You know, in one epi ( Sink or Swim), "... nothing can keep them apart", and then the next one, (Divorce Party), he pulls back the chair for her during the interrogation, and nothing else! :wtf:
    After the all the angst and emotional bulidup in the finale, we need an equally emotionally charged reunion! Right? ;)

12. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

want to know what I think is going to happen? (i'm probably way off here, and the writers will never go neer this but...) and maybe some one before me already posted somthing like this...

I think when it comes back, they're talking to Eric's dad, and he says that Eric actully gave himself up to the russian Mob to protect the ones he loves, Calliegh, the other CSI's, his dad, becouse Eric is such a good guy, he didn't want anyhting bad to happen to anyone he loves, so he gave himslef up, and also why would Eric stop right where the Russians were waiting with a fan boat, unless he was planning on being taken by them in the first place for exchange for the others lives.

I also don't think Calliegh shot him, why would Eric's blood even if she did be on his dads shoulder?

another option in what happened maybe his dad did somthing to him, and that at the last moment convinced him to go to where he was discovered and then he stabbed him *shudder* or somthing, and let the russians take him.

and I think if anyhting similer to this happens Calliegh wont be mad at him, she misses him, and hopes he's allright, but I think they'll get back together, and then the writers will wait till mid season to pull somthing, but for now I think the sweet couple will be alright...after they rescue Eric, and if what happened to Ryan when they nabbed him is any clue, hopefully they find him quick!

or maybe it wasn't the russians....

and watch season 8 will start and I'll be completly wrong, and everything I just said will make no since :)

SMW

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess there's a chance that he might have some trouble with the law and super-H will get him out. However I think that we know so little about what Eric's intentions actually are in all this that there's a whole spectra of things that could be going on that have nothing to do with breaking the law. IMO the writers left this so wide open that there are just tons of options and roads they could take.

I'm with you on this. I guess one of my biggest fears is that Calleigh concludes that she can't handle being in the relationship because it's too complicated and risky and so many things could go wrong between them (to the extend of her shooting him) and she decides to break it off. I think that would be the easy way out and I would like the writers to think a little harder and come up with other scenarios that aren't so common. I guess I would love for the writers to take the relationship down that complicated path and have it be succesful even though it is a complicated relationship to be in. I say it's complicated because they do work together, on a dangerous job where a lot of things can go wrong, with a no-frat rule pending or in place, Eric's life is full of twists and turns, and Calleigh carries her past with her like it's her present. But in spite of all this I do think that the friendship and love they have for each other is strong enough to make it through all that. So I would like the writers to give them the chance to work through it and show us how they can have a good, solid relationship in spite of all these things against them. If they just break them up after the first major bump I think that's just taking the easy way out. If they invested so much time into building this relationship and knew from the beginning that there could be a lot of complications then don't just get lazy now, invest time in working things out. Ok rant to writers is over, ;).

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

**RUNS TO DELKOLOVER AND HUGS HER***

I've missed you! I always love hearing your insight on E/C. I hope all is going well for you.

Ok sorry, now that I got that out of my system...

I am with you on this one hiphugger17. I really hope that Calleigh doesn't run at the first sight of trouble. They have fought long and hard for this relationship and to have it crumble so quickly would be absolutely devasting to both Eric & Calleigh. I hope that when she does find him (because I am still holding on to the hope that it will be Calleigh that finds him instead of Horatio) she will be so happy that he is alive that they will put this issue to the back burner (if even for the moment)

I really do think that Eric did this to save her life and that his father threatened her in one way shape or form and I hope that Calleigh gets to confront his father about it. I would really love to see Calleigh and Eric's dad in interrogation.

She loves him there is no doubt to that. I know that they will get through this "bump" in the road. But as Emily said in her interview from Monte Carlo, she hopes that the reason for Calleigh pushing Eric away would be because of her relationship with her father. I look forward to that being an issue for them because I am very curious to see how exactly Eric would handle this challenge.

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

No man, these two are in it for the long haul. I bet you when they find each other they'll forget what hapened and make up and hug and kiss. Well of course Calleigh is gonna apologize incessantly and he'll say no it's his fault and they'll be on the same level. I predict some more crying from her, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.