Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

same here but I'm not as freaked as you. Find a distraction, that should help. Like me, I have exams and fanfics and studying to do, so I hardly think of it.

I think i'd be the last person on here that would want EC to break up. Even Emily has sense to say that he's the guy for her. I want what she wants to happen, as in Calleigh kinda running from her problem....come to think of it, that's what Calleigh does daily, cause she doesn't talk about her problem, not even with Eric. She holds it inside, and I think whenever there's a case that symbolizes her abuse it just brings back her memories. I want a fanfiction on this. I cant write it I'm backed up with stories...anyone wanna voluntare? Jessica preferably.;)

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I for one,would HATE any angst.IMO it's not good for a procedural show.Once in a while a makeout scene would be perfect or a romantic detail by either one of them but if the writers do a similar route to CSI NY,I will be quite upset.I also like them working together without any romance.They area good team,either at work and as a couple.Considering other TV shows,the writers did great with the E/C relationship.

3. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I'm not a fan of angst, but if there's some, I'd like a happy ending... I wand Eric and Calleigh to flirt, smile at each other, joke...

Anyway, I just remembered I haven't posted my favorite season 5 moments and I was the one who asked others to do it, so... Here it goes:

Rio - Talking on the phone... Especially because that was the first episode after the awful season 4.

Throwing Heat - 'Hot stuff'... Now that's that playful flirting I love so much. I hope we'll get more of that in season 8.

Man Down - Worried Calleigh... :adore: I bet we're gonna see some of that in season 8 premiere...

Broken Home - Calleigh helping Eric out.

Just Murdered - The kiss... Remember how much it meant to us that they kissed, even if it was only on the cheek?

Burned - "The piece of glass in Calleigh's finger" scene was just hot. I also loved when Natalia asked Eric about him and Calleigh. That's why I'd like to see Natalia asking something one of them about their relationship. After all, she was the first to notice. By the way, have you guys seen the way Eric was looking at Calleigh after Natalia's comment, but before the glass scene? You know that scene where she asked him if he wanted to go to the scene together?

Born To Kill - I don't like angst, but this episode gave us some great fics... It showed us how deep Eric's feelings were and that Calleigh realized his feelings. Even though she was and is my favorite character on the show, I must say I hated her just a little bit at that point...

So... did we have any good moments in season 4? I seriously doubt it, but if someone can remember something, anything, please share... I will never realize how any director or Emily herself, let that scene, where Eric finds out that Marisol died, go to the episode... I just don't know what happened there. I seriously think anyone would show more sympathy for a complete stranger let alone for someone who's supposed to be their best friend. If I ever had a chance to talk to Emily, I'd ask her that.

Okay, does anyone have interesting question to keep this thread going? If not, we could talk about our favorite moments in seasons 1 to 3...

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Marija--I loved that scene. He had that adorable smirk on his face and I am sure he was thinking oh crap, how did Natalia know. :lol:

I was watching Ambush and All In this weekend and I was bouncing around like an idiot at the end of All In. I was all happy because Eric took Calleigh home. The smile on his face as he got in the hummer was absolutely adorable.

Season 4: Wow, feels like so long ago. The only one that stands out for me was the one where he was talking about Gloria and she says you love crazy, til crazy loves you.

I remember the one too where Calleigh said something about co-workers dating and he asked her if Ryan had said something to her about him & Natalia. So I have to wonder, did she know about those two? What do you think her reaction was if she did know? Is that why they were so distant during season 4?

5. electra

electra Pathologist

I used to watch on and off so I don't even remember moments before season 5.And speaking about that one,I actually liked the angst in Born to kill.I was for sure certain that something would happen between the two eventually.But I normally prefer flirty or funny moments to take away how crude cases can be.The scene with the glass is perfect exemple.

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

LOL. Not really. :lol:

Oh, we had Jealous Calleigh in Nailed, when she saw Eric at the hospital talking to Marisol, when she didn't realize who Marisol really was. That's about the only thing that sticks out about season four to me. I tried to block that year out, mostly. :lol:

Oh yeah, that one was cute too. :D The rest of S4 was like a wasteland for us though, lol. I used to wonder whether or not they even remembered each other existed. :( But now here we are, three years later with kisses and Eric naked in Calleigh's bed. :D :adore:

That's actually my favorite part of that episode...well, maybe not more so than the glass scene, but it's definitely up there. :D I love Eric and Natalia's relationship post-season four, believe it or not :lol: and I love their teasing banter - I don't see anybody else teasing him about Calleigh like that - "I saw her kiss you!"

The best part, though, was Eric's obvious disappointment when he replied "Only on the cheek." :D

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Ha.. I think everyone tries to block out season four. Not only was it a horrible year for EC, it was just bad altogether. I won't watch the episodes on tv because it really is like Calleigh and Eric don't know the other exists. And sadly, they've become the main the reason I even watch the show anymore.

Even the few episodes that they did have moments in, it's sort of hard to consider them moments. They honestly just seemed so detatched from each other. It was like.. what the hell? Don't even get started on her reaction, or lack of one, when Marisol died.:rolleyes:

But like you said, now we get to see them kiss and see Eric naked in Calleigh's bed. And naked in Calleigh's shower (7.20). So it's okay that season 4 sucked..:)

Lol. The glass scene is the best scene in that episode. The eye-sex was kind of amazing.:lol: But the scene with Eric and Natalia was cute too. My only thing was, in Burned, Natalia thought something was going on with Eric and Calleigh.. and then in Flight Risk when Ryan told her he thought they might be together she seemed so shocked. It confused me a little. But the look on Natalia's face was priceless.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ugh season 4 was horrible EC-wise :klingon:. Plus the cases and flashy Miami were not too great either. I too block that year from my mind :rolleyes:! The only almost EC moment I remember is the one that Jessica mentioned in Nailed. I didn't even remember the Gloria crazy comment until I read your posts.

I remember I spent one summer watching and catching up on Miami (I started watching reruns first so I had to go from the beginning to understand what was going on) and when I got to season 4 it was like what the crap happened?! Eric and Cal just got so detached it wasn't even funny. On top of that she was always paired with Ryan whom I did not appreciate at all at the time (not so much now either but anyway...) and Eric hooked up with Natalia. Horrible season. All those who dislike that Eric and Cal are now paired up a lot can go back and rent season 4 and they'll be very happy.

So now I am so happy that we've gotten kisses and hugs and all the beauty that is EC :)

9. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Eric and Calleigh are quite cute I must admit! Then again, Calleigh is adorable with anyone!!:p

I definitely have enjoyed watching those two on YT!

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Welcome BauerAlmeida! It's always nice to have new people who like Eric and Calleigh on this thread, especially because we're a bit slow right now with all the EC withdrawal we're going through...

You know, I started watching around mid season 2 and I really liked Calleigh and Eric (both together and as individuals) and I decided to keep watching the show. Keep in mind that I watched it in Serbia, few years latter than in US and we had CSI Miami every day. Anyway, I remember deciding I wanted to own all the episodes and I started buying them and watching everything from the first episode... So, when I came to season four, I bought it just for the sake of having it, but I never watched it (except on TV)... I know I was really bored with it. I mean, no EC interaction, Eric being a player (and I hate guys like that), Calleigh paired with Ryan all the time (I kind of liked Ryan in season 3, but I was a bit annoyed by him in seasons 4, 5 and 6, and now I think he's okay)... So, I agree with everyone: I'm glad we got our EC hotness in season 7 and I hope we keep going like that in season 8, too. I am convinced now, more than ever, that they will stay together, or if they break up that they will get back together very soon. Seriously, I have never seen Calleigh so in love and Eric is a good guy, I'm sure he did what he thought was the best and if he made a mistake, Cal will realize that his intentions were good. After all, Corey (our EC king, even though he left the show :() said that they were gonna have a bump in the rode, and this is just it, a bump, not a break up.

Oh, god, this post is really long. I apologize for the rant, but I'm going through a terrible EC withdrawal, and I just needed write about EC for a while. By the way, do you guys remember those threads we went through in 20 days? I hope we get back to that once the season starts.

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Same here!
    I own all the seasons' DVDs, including s4 which I never watch. Just bought it to have the complete set. I can't even bring myself to watch a S4 episode when it plays on TV.
    I used to watch the other CSI shows until I discovered Calleigh on Miami, and that was it for me. Now I'm hooked on hiphuggers! I just hope the writers keep them together!

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I don't like season 4 either. I really don't understand why it was so odd. For me the whole season was just like from different show, everything was so unlike from what we saw in previous seasons.:(
    I watched it, but I didn't like it. And Eric and Calleigh acted towards each others like total strangers and not friends. His story with Natalia was the worst part of it. I don't know, maybe texmex is right and it was the reason he and Calleigh moved away from each other. It was hard to watch, at least for me, because I always wanted them together.:p
    So the more I'm happy now when they finally are together. I hope this season was just a beginning of their life together. And we'll see a lot more of it in season 8, especially the happy parts. :)

13. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Am I the only one who liked seaon four? Well, I should shut up cause then I was into CaRWash and didn't even fathom EC. Seriously, I thought Calleigh and Ryan were the ones...but when I found this website (about Calleigh) i think was called bulletgirl something. Anyway it had load of EC on the fanfiction section, and let me tell u, I was hooked! I never knew people even wrote about them. Plus it was this long fanfic about the two being sent into the north of Florida to solve a case, and they ended up in one bedroom. HAHA! I spent the whole day reading it.

Season four was good for its action packed episodes, maybe I mainly like it not for the relationships but for that. I agree that Calleigh and Eric were torn apart in that season. You know what brought them back together right? When Ryan got fired... I think that's when the love started to surface. Dont u think?

14. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Isn't that Apalachicola? :( Best EC fic ever. Would've been even better if it had been finished. :( However, with four open WIPs myself, I can't judge. :lol: ;)

I wonder if part of it was the whole mole thing (which I still maintain was nothing but ridiculous, lol). They stopped confiding in each other. :( Maybe a part of it was the fact that they could never be too sure that the other wasn't the mole, and can you imagine how much it would've hurt if one of them had confided in the other, only to have those confessions broadcast to the feds or whoever it was? That would've been the worst kind of betrayal, and I can't imagine that the idea never crossed Calleigh's mind.

Maybe it was a protection thing. I know season four was when they really became distant from each other, but it was there after Speed died in season three, too. I think when Speed was around, there was a sort of innocence in Calleigh and Eric's friendship - they could get as close as they wanted, because they assumed they'd always have each other. But Speed dying made it all unpleasantly real for them; as much as it hurt both of them to lose Speed, I can't imagine that they were willing to go through it again with each other - it would've hurt too much. :( I always wondered if maybe that wasn't part of what drove them apart - it would hurt too much to get too close, only to lose each other.

I think in the end, though, they both realized that the distance between hurt way more than they ever expected. Imagine the regrets both of them would've been left with if something had happened to one or the other before they'd ever mended that rift between them. Aww... :(

15. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Wow, I've been gone for a while :shifty:

I think this did bring them a little closer because Ryan was gone and in season 4, Ryan and Calleigh worked a lot of crime scenes together. They did gain back that special bond, so when Ryan screwed up the first time, that set her back and made her seek out familiar ground with Eric. When Ryan finally got fired, she visited him at the news station and ripped him a new head. You could see the look of betrayal in her face and body language. While he was away, she started working a few cases with Natalia but mostly with Eric.

IMO, they were always close, just lost the closeness a little after Speed died. I think when they really started getting close again was when he started having problems with Gina and when his sister died. Even though her reaction to Marisol's death was a little odd, I think behind the scenes she became a shoulder for him to lean on. When he went to Brazil, you could see the chemistry in just that conversation they had on the phone alone. Then she got nervous when she couldn't reach him and called Horatio.

They had other little moments that showed their closeness too. When he got in the bar fight, he told her what happened with his wages and Calleigh could tell that was hurting him. But....the most evident start of it all was when he got shot. Her reaction and visits to the hospital showed her feelings for him weren't just friendly ones. From there on out, she looked out for him, encouraged him to build back his self esteem and assurance. She wouldn't let him fall.

With that being said, I think that season 4 was a great season because of all Eric went through (plus he was sooooo handsome in this season :hugegrin:) and what Calleigh had to overcome. We got to see a lot into Eric's personal life as well as Calleigh's struggle in dealing with Hagen's death and regaining strength to face her demons by reclaiming her ballistics lab. It was a growing stage for both. It was also a buildup season for their relationship.

I could watch all the episodes over and over up to season 7. It's the earlier seasons that didn't sit too well with me. Season 1 and 2 were feel out seasons. The only thing we really got was an occasional flirt between Calleigh and Eric and the hiphugger moment. Season 3, they all had to deal with Speed's death, Ryan coming aboard looking for acceptance from the team, and Calleigh had to deal with Hagen's death. It was a transitional phase for everyone.

I just can't wait to see what season 8 has to offer, and I sure am getting fidgety waiting for it to come.

Oh, sorry for the rambling if none of this made sense :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.