Episode Ideas: Wish Lists and Fantasies

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by redanemone, May 12, 2010.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Can't agree about the dress code, not entirely, anyway. H, in silk shirt and designer suit... better stop, mouth watering already...

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Next season I want:

A humanized Horatio.

Advanced screentime for Ryan and Natalia.

Less screentime for E/C moments.

Investigating not only murders but perhaps arsons,robberies,kidnappings etc.

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

1. I remember watching some guest-director efforts of The Sopranos where you just said, "What the...?" How about letting David Lynch at one of those scripts, and see what sort of strangeness flows out?

2. Ditto for Quentin Tarantino. He directed two episodes of CSILV, and they were great.

3. In the mold of "Bizarro-Jerry" from Seinfeld, how about an episode where the Miami lab has to team with some other law enforcement agency to solve a crime. Except that the "other" lab's characters are completely the opposite of the Miami lab. Ergo:

Bizarro-Horatio = warm, embracing, willing to follow a hunch.
    Bizarro-Delko = 100% by the book
    Bizarro-Duquesne = poor shot
    Bizarro-Tripp = unimaginative, but a real ladies' man.

4. Any crime other than a murder. How about a bank robbery on one case, and an identity theft case involving some noteworthy Miami resident.

5. Any omage back to Miami Vice. A dangerous felon is paroled 30 years later, and is stalking and trying to gun down the police detectives and DAs who put him in prison.

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

The points I bolded are some good ideas. I'd probably refer to #3 as the Mirror-verse CSI Miami:)

As we are talking 80's shows. I've always wanted a meeting with the A-Team albeit with the original crew. I guess in dreams

5. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Oh, goody, somewhere to put my wish list :lol:

1. A case that isn't a murder. I've been waiting for this from both Miami and LV, and too much murders just gets irritating.
    2. Humanising the characters a bit ie. Horatio getting harmed in some way, a storyline for Ryan/Natalia/Frank, Eric and/or Cal actually getting in trouble for breaking about a dozen rules this season alone. Oh, and a very important one... H calling Ryan by his first name at least twice a season. :lol:
    3. No. More. Explosions.
    4. A funny ep. Maybe a Miami version of Lab Rats. Travers, Dave, Maxine and any other tech that could make an appearance.
    5. A case that spans a few episodes, and/or more than one case a day.
    6. A season finale that doesn't always have to involve a team member in jeapordy.
    7. Uncle Ron

And...a partridge in a pear tree :p

6. yen35

yen35 Witness

Me too would like to see another crossover with CSI LV or CSI NY. I love crossovers! My other favorite show is Grey's and I love it when they do crossovers with private practice and they have one every season. Like someone above said, I too like it if Horatio took one or two other members of the team with him if he went to NY or LV. I recently read a newspaper article that said that out of the CSI franchise, only Miami hadn't done a crossover with a different tv show. It said NY did a crossover with cold cases and LV with without a trace. It suggested that maybe Miami could have a crossover with a show called 'Dexter' set in Miami? I don't watch Dexter so I don't know. I guess the show has to be made by the same network to have a cross over.

As more than one person said above, I would like to have one case that doesn't involve a murder. Like in season 5, dark room was more about a kidnapping and so was the season 7 ep 'gone baby gone'.

I would also like Horatio to call all the team members by their first name. Calling them by their surnames sound slightly ridiculous. I never got over Mulder and Scully not calling each other by their 1st names after working together for such a long time!

I would also like to see a few other things but it probably won't be a good idea to list them here after reading all the comments on various threads!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

What I would like to see is mentioned in the location under my avatar. I want to see a good season for the Entire team.I want them ALL to have good stories and screentime and I want them all to be seen and treated as valuable members of the team.

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

pretty much i can agree cause i like crossovers too.
    i like idea with Dexter crossover, i watched few episodes and i was hit by this idea. location same, police and experts also involved- so why not.

about calling them by first names. well i still find it odd and it's actually weird that they still call them by last names when they've worked together for so long time.

wow just now it struck me- Mulder and Scully really didn't call each other by first name?! :eek:
    oh my how i missed that :guffaw:
    btw the idea of Ryan finally tracking down Dexter kinda hit me on head. another good screentime for Ryan and even lead role for once. :lol:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I guess it's just never bothered me that Horatio calls Ryan and Natalia by their last names. It's just what he does and I don't find it disrespectful or dismissive at all. I've always found it rather endearing. :)

They always made it sound so intimate to use each other's last names. On the one ocassion Scully called Mulder "Fox", it sounded horribly out of place and akward. I was less akward to hear him call her "Dana", but not by much.

It was not just them using each other's last names that made it special, it became "how" they said the name that was so utterly intimate and personal.

Nope. Fox and Dana just don't make it. Mulder and Scully are simply the only way for those two to address each other.

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

well honestly i'm not so bothered if H calls Ryan by his last name since he has so nice last name, but sometimes i'm bothered when H calls Natalia by her last name. i dunno why but that's how it is. maybe the problem lies in me but i feel that way.
    probably i'm more bothered by the fact that Eric keeps calling Ryan as "Wolfe" it sounds somehow cold, but when H refers "Mr. Wolfe" i find it somehow softer and polite.

but sometimes i'm still missing their first names- sign of their "family"

but it's just my pov

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Oh, crossover!!I would love it to be with The Mentalist's Simon Baker...i adore him. I think it could be really interesting experience, especially with H. and Patrick butting heads ;)

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

:lol: I kind of understand what you mean. I love the name "Natalia", but you do have to wonder where the heck they came up with "Boa Vista"! It's a very different last name that I'm not sure I've ever felt fit Natalia. She's so beautiful and warm. I would have liked to see her with a beautiful, maybe exotic last name. Sort of like Ziva David on NCIS. I LOVE her name.

Natalia deserves a really cool name like that!

It's rare that Delko ever talks to Ryan that he isn't angry, aggressive or condescending. OTOH, there is a real warmth to the way Horatio says, "Mr. Wolfe." I've never felt that Horatio was attempting to seperate or distance Ryan from him by referring to either Ryan or Natalia that way.

In fact, I think Horatio always seems softer and warmer when he is around Ryan and Natalia. Especially Natalia - and I mean that in a non-romantic way. Natalia has always had the ability to envelope those in her presense with warmth and caring. I love that about her and it's one of the reasons why I think they are really stupid for not using her more.

I can see what you're saying. Maybe we'll get a pleasant surprise in this area with the upcoming season! ;)

13. yen35

yen35 Witness

Yes, well I suppose the Mulder-Scully situation was a bit different. For 1 thing, you can't go around saying 'Fox, Fox'. I mean, if she was shouting loudly in a remote part of my country or even in remote parts of the UK, people might think there was an actual fox trotting about! But I really hope I don't hear 'Ms Boa Vista' or 'Mr Wolfe' in season 9 when they have such nice 1st names. OK, its fair enough to do it when they were new.

Another thing I like to happen in CSIM - I wish the team members will not introduce themselves when they call each other on their mobile phones. I can't remember which episode it was, must be a season 7 or 8 one because these are the ones I've watched multiple times, but 1 team member called another on the mobile and said 'Hey, its ----' so and so, (I can't remember who now). But I was thinking surely they must be having caller ID! Specially since you are working in the same dept, you'll surely have the numbers. But there are plenty of episodes where they don't introduce themselves when they call too. Like I was watching 'Chain reaction' ( season 6) yesterday and H called Natalia and straightaway said 'Ms. Boa Vista, I need your connections at the FBI'. But there was definitely more than one episode where one person called another in the team and said 'hey its...' and I remember commenting to a friend about this at the time.

14. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I'd like to see the whole team working on an old unsolved case.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:lol: Nooo, I actually love her last name & find it very fitting! Boa Vista is the capital city of Roraima Brazil known for it's beautiful beaches - very 'tropical' & exotic. Boa Vista also means 'nice sight', 'nice view', or 'good view'....which sums up Natalia quite well I think. :D