Episode Ideas: Wish Lists and Fantasies

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by redanemone, May 12, 2010.

1. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I feel there has been a bit of negativity on the boards lately and thought I'd try something new to maybe take folks' minds off of things. If no one wants to partake, then feel free to delete or disable this thread.

I basically wanted to hear what you all might want to see happen in a season. It could be anything from a potential story arc spanning the entire season to a potential guest star you might like to see. What kind of storyline would they have? Plot devices you'd like to see experimented with? Any themes, scenarios, or film styles you'd like to play with? Brainstorm with others and piggyback on ideas if you want to.

Feel free to be creative and maybe even a little silly. All I ask is that everyone play nice and try to refrain from writing fanfiction. I just want there to be a fun discussion somewhere, but I won't mind if you guys don't like the thread.

I myself would like to see them cut loose a little and do something funny like a film noir style parody. Brooding detectives and glamorous damsels.

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

One idea swimming in my head is Frank temporarily assuming Horatio's duties as the leader of the CSI's.

A while back I was thinking of how the CSI:NY episode Death House would have been with the Miami team assuming that the only change is the CSI team. Something tells me people would have trashed the ep due to "Miami being Miami" whereas with the other two shows it would have been praised for its creativity, mystery and suspense.

3. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Aw heck, I'd like to see Frank do the sunnies and the one-liner, JUST ONCE! :guffaw:

Well, since Tyler just sort of disappeared, I'd sure like to see him come back on a cyberthriller and work with Dave Benton. Or even see Dan Cooper make amends and come back to help them solve it. Sorry I don't have more than that at this point, but I just believe their lab talent is underutilized.

Here's another one I've had swimming around in my head: I know this plot has been used in other shows, but I'd also like to see the tables turned on Rick Stetler one time--He's kidnapped and hidden away by a woman who'd love to have "her very own" police officer, and now the team has to rescue him.

4. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Lol that'd be fun to if for no other reason than to see Horatio try to pull one of his dramatic rescues on Rick. Can you imagine H trying to hug him like a victim or carry him away from an impending blast?

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I would like a background for Ryan. We know nothing about where he came from and what makes him tick. He is an interesting complex character that should do more than get in trouble all the time.

6. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

^ I agree, itd b awesome if they brought in Jake Gyllenhaal as Ryan's older brother or something, like Ryan's brother's kid is killed or something and they have to find the killer. I think it should be Jake Gyllenhall 'cause
    1. He looks a lot like Jonathan Togo
    2. He's reeeeaaaally hot
    and 3. 'Cause he's also a really good actor

7. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

ryan was also compared to gyllenhaal in an episode once.
    Horatio has also said that police work is in his blood a few times. They could explore the meaning to that. Does Ryan come from a cop family?

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Somebody did a fanfic similar to this, but I think it's a great idea. Love E/C or hate it, I think this would be pretty funny.

A mysterious dark-haired young woman visits the lab. She has her visitor's badge turned backwards, so nobody can make out who she is. She catches Delko's eye, and BOY DOES Calleigh notice.

Turns out it's Rick Stetler's younger sister!

9. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I would personally love a sort of background episode on Ryan. How he grew up, from the knowledge of the niece, we know he has at least one sibling out there...Is it a brother or sister? To me, I always thought he was the youngest of three boys and the death of his oldest brother when he was a teen convinced him that he should be a cop.

I'm also ready to see Ryan in a functional dating relationship. I think it would allow us to see a side of him that few have.

10. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

More team time off the clock: a beach day. Or a barbecue at someone's house.

Also, YES PLZ to Ryan's backstory.

11. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Oooh a barbecue would be awesome! Rex Linn is a master griller. They could have it at Nat's house since she seems to live in a nicer area.

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I couldn't agree MORE. Especially about the dating thing. The only time he's really even had a woman around was Erica- and I wouldn't consider that a functional dating relationship at all. I've read so many fanfics, that would fit so well with a SL to bring in a girl for him. She doesn't have to be on the team or anything, just... someone we meet, and know she is there-- and he can speak of her from time to time. I'd enjoy that a lot.

I like layers in characters. It's the only reason I fell for CSI: NY. Didn't like it better than Miami, but I did like that complexity of it! ;)

13. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

Oh! Me too for the 'Ryan actually having a past' idea. And what would really be nice is some consistancy in his charater, ie. the interesting little things we learn about him coming up again more than just the one time so we know they are actually there. Like him being afraid of hights (easy enough to incorperate by one of the charaters teasing him over it once in a while). Or the wonderful OCD (probuly my first reason for loving the charater) that hasn't been mentioned in how long? Or how about some repercussions for events that happen for some other charaters than Delko (think they did quite well with his getting shot in the head aftermath for them, apart from the weirdness of him getting back to work like a week later).

14. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Heck, I'd love to see them bring Calleigh's dad back a time or two! I loved Duke!

Another idea is a case that involves a Zydeco festival there in Miami. Since Calleigh and Walter are both from Louisiana, I'd love to see them teach everyone to dance to Cajun or Zydeco music and have a crawfish boil in the end.

Or the idea of Frank cooking up some Texas-sized steaks.

On top of that, how about a contest to see which of the CSI's can eat a 96-er? (For those of you who've never seen the old movie "The Great Outdoors", if you could eat 96 ounces of steak, fat and all, you didn't have to pay for it). I'd like to see who could put away the 96-er without having to make a furtive trip to the bathroom.

15. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Awhile back i was watching some kind of beach patrol show and all 3 EMT's that responded had served in the military. Now that i think about, wouldn't it be great if they worked in Kyle as a paramedic with Search and Rescue? I think it'd be a perfect fit. I remeber how experienced and professional they were when my sister went into labor.