Episode 8x20 - "Backfire" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 17, 2010.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The finale is team focused,the team in danger,it's not Ryan focused.
    I'm willing to see E/C not be a focus of the writers,I'm sure the the board will be fine,it'll be lively enough.Even though there are those that watch for E/C only, there are plenty that don't.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah the ep focused on Ryan (but not really, there's more to it and it's not all about Ryan) is 22 or 23, not 24 (24 is the finale). Ep 24 is called
    "They All Fall Down"- following a terrifying incident in the lab, each CSI loses consciousness one by one.

3. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

it'd be interesting if it was a variety of things happen to them. One gets stabbed, another shot, another poisoned, another falls off a building....:eek:
    But knowing this is Miami it probably won't be something like that :lol:

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

[/QUOTE]
    The finale is team focused,the team in danger,it's not Ryan focused.
    I'm willing to see E/C not be a focus of the writers,I'm sure the the board will be fine,it'll be lively enough.Even though there are those that watch for E/C only, there are plenty that don't.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to offend you or those who dislike EC. You have to see it, though, that in the Shipper Central Eric and Calleigh thread is one of the most alive and also here, in the main Miami thread, 'dislike' thread seem to jump up on every occasion or even without...And really, for those who like that couple things written there are much more offensive(some of them sometimes finish their sentences with a 'throwing up' smiley) then my words you are quoting. I never suggested that the show will not exist without EC. i just say that sometimes that thread goes up with no reason, when there is no EC action(like in LA) or immediately after something us, hiphuggers, are waiting for happens.
    If I was writing those screenplays, that romance would be written much better(well, someone woud have to correct my English) and I'm sure that many of you wouldn't mind(and still don't mind) that couple, just the way it's been handled on the show.
    I hope that after today's episode we will be happy and then we can move on to giving more focus to my other favourites, Natalia and especially Ryan.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'll still stand by what I said earlier.The board will be fine. It doesn't make a difference which threads are more popular, or not popular.We will move on to talking about other events from the show once there are betters stories all around for everyone.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I don't know if you're referring to the number of views a particular thread has or the number of comments.

If it's the number of comments those threads are no different then the "dislike" thread or the "Ryan/Togo" thread or the "Natalia/Eva" thread or any other thread. For the most part it's the same people posting over and over again and it just depends who has the most time and the most to say. E/C and Calleigh have been front and center for 4 seasons so it goes without saying that there would be a little more to say about those topics then say, Natalia who has been virtually ignored. And yet Eva's fans manage to keep her thread alive.

If you're referring to the number of views, those are always hugely disporportionate to the number of comments in a thread. I would think that a lot of people read threads on topics they don't necessarily support just to see what is being said. I KNOW that's true in the "dislike" thread.

And it's true in others because I've had others tell me what is said in threads I don't read and I've seen discussions by those I KNOW would never post in the threads they've visited. They go just to see what's being said. Most often I stay away from the two threads you've mentioned because they hold no interest for me.

I feel the board could survive just fine without them, just as it could survive without the Horatio thread and the "dislike" thread and pretty much any other single thread on this board.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  7. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

This is pretty much the only reason I am tuning in. And the last doesn't interest me in the slightest either....

They NEED to wrap this up, either way. Then move on to another hardworking actor and their character...

I haven't either. I know that Ryan will be featured in two (but of course, not in a positive way AGAIN:(). And I have a very bad feeling about Ryan/Jon overall. I hope I am wrong:(

If handled right, this could be rather interesting episode, and fun to watch.

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

The season finale looks exciting!!

I am looking forward to tonight's episode. I am sure Emily is going to do a great job tonight, she doesn't disappoint. I'm also watching for Ryan and Eric, they are two of my favorites.

9. GregNickRyanFan

I'm really looking forward to the scene where Ryan gets soaked by the sprinkler. :drool: :lol:

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ LOL, I agree!!

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just want to give a general reminder that information concerning episodes other than this one (ie: future episodes), should be placed behind the spoiler code for those who don't wish to know what happens between now and the finale. Cooperation in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

As for the episode tonight, I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch until later (if my father decides we're going to the driving range, heh) but it definitely seems like an interesting concept for the franchise.

I get the feeling if/when Calleigh wakes up, she won't remember any of her spritual escapades/trying to solve the case from the beyond. But you never know, maybe she remembers it all and it gives her a greater perspective on being in the victims' shoes and depending on a team of people to solve one's murder. Maybe she'll become more passionate and less robotic. :p

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I think there are less fans coming to the Miami section in general.IMHO it has to do with a general negative vibe but that's just me.

On another topic,I still can not imagine how a CSI episode is related to talking to dead people but I am going to give this episode a try.I am in med school but I do not even bother with medical inconsistencies if the show is entertaining so I hope we can have a good one.:)

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Just gonna say, at the beginning I was like "wtf, this is so stupid", but it got way better as it went along. I actually really liked it, probably one of my favourites this season. And I just loved Ryan in it, so much. :lol:

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I liked this episode! I had a laugh when Calleigh thought she was losing her mind because she could see the victim.

Nice to see a civil scene between Ryan and Tom, doubt they'll ever be friends but nice to see they can get along.

Nice to see Natalia again! Her and Ryan were in disbelief as that neighbor spoke, who can blame them she was so rude but honest

I really enjoyed this epi! It's one of my favorites this season!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  15. GregNickRyanFan

So no personality asassination for Ryan this week? Thank goodness! :)