Episode 8x20 - "Backfire" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Calleigh is my favorite in CSI: Miami. I like episodes that are centered on her so I'm excited for "Backfire". I'm also intrigued how the hell she can talk to a ghost. :lol: I hope this is not a jump-the-shark moment. Well let's see how CSI meets Ghost Whisperer plays out.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Didn't you know that this time it will be different?......after all we'll see her talking to the deads :rolleyes::lol::lol:. I don't even wanna know what happens during a particular scene :guffaw:

Geez I'm too scared :p

(I had to use a towel while making the icon :drool:)

3. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

There has been a lot of expectations for this episode and I'm pretty sure there'll be a load of mixed reactions depending on which side of the E/C fence you are in.;)

As for me, I have been waiting a long time for this episode. I don't want to set my hopes up too high - the writing this season is not just at par with the previous ones. I would be very disappointed if there won't be a definite resolution to the EC romance- I am getting tired with the dancing around and the ambiguity.

The "out of body" and ghost storyline is something new and interesting. I'll see on how it'll all pan out. One more day to go!:hugegrin:

4. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Don't start with the injections again, please!!! Last time you made me throw up..LOL

I have mixed feelings about the episode but as always I'll wait after I have seen it to comment, after all we can't build our ideas on what CBS shows us in the promos...let's not start again talking about how much misleading they can be! :rolleyes:
    I have just a good feeling about Emily, just because I trust her. Period. :p

5. brunettebabyyx

brunettebabyyx Civilian

i'm glad i'm not the only one who's still on the fence. as much as i look forward to the scenes between Eric and Calleigh, i still watch the show for the show :)

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

The only thing that looks realistic in Backfired is they actually bothered to tape down Calleigh's bariatric stent in this one.

Oh, wait a minute! Didn't Calleigh just HAVE a near-death experience LAST season? :lol:

7. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

27 hours till backfire ..here in texas

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yep! Pretty dang sure I remember seeing this exact scenario last year. :guffaw:

The writers on this show not only have no original ideas, they have absolutely no memories! :rolleyes:

And I totally and completely understand the faith and trust that the fans of the E/C relationship place in those responsible for it. It's the same reason I don't trust or have faith in them. :(

Flo, that icon is truly a work of art, girl! The only thing missing is Mark Harmon, darlin!

Edit:

I'm happy for ya, lusiana88. Really.

Just a word of caution, however. The suggestion in your signature line, "Don't like. Don't watch." While that sentiment may be satisfying to you momentarily, it may not be the best long term approach. If even half the audience takes your suggestion there may not be a show to watch. When the already sinking ratings sink far enough to result in the cancellation of the show, you and others who have suggested that other fans go away, in one form or another, may want to take that dismissive suggestion back - but it will be too late.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  9. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I totally agree. As you can probably tell from my screen name and avatar,;) I have also been waiting for what feels like forever for "Backfire," and I'm really looking forward to the E/C scenes. But I also watch CSIM for its own sake, and, so I want to see solid writing, character development, continuity, etc., etc. In other words, all the elements that go into making a quality show, period.:thumbsup: With any luck, Monday's episode will deliver on all those fronts.

That said, I'm also hoping that we E/C-shippers get the "defining moment" in the couple's relationship that we were promised by TPTB earlier this season, since I'm also growing weary of the "are they or aren't they?" back-and-forth. :confused: It's time for TPTB to p!ss or get off the pot when it comes to the E/C romance. Hopefully, we'll get a nice, positive resolution on that front tomorrow night!:adore:

Just over 24 hours to go ...

10. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

am wondering why CBS doesn't post any bits/previews of this episode-are they nervous it'll look too much like previous ones? writers get some new ideas for pete's sake-or read the newspapers for 'real' s/l that are current? or if you all are bored check out the fan sites for inspiration but stop recycling your scripts considering how much CSI Miami makes weekly...well I'll watch anyway, I've an 8 yr addiction to feed..

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I am, of course, very excited about that episode. I'm really hoping for a nice, positive closure of the relationship, something like 'happily ever after'.
    I guess Jake's appearance in the next episode will not have an influence on them as he is only appearing in 821(haven't seen him in any episode after that). And the season finale seems to be focused on Ryan more than on anyone else, so hopefully noone will complain about EC romance(I doubt that, though; this forum will be much less alive when the topic EC will not be a focus of the writers anymore;))

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I haven't read anywhere that the season finale will focus more on Ryan than the others:(I think that the whole team will be involved in the storyline,and the screentime is going to be balanced.

13. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I haven't seen that either.. I know that like, 22 or 23 is based on Ryan, but I'm not sure the last one is. I hope it isn't focused on Ryan, that could mean bad things.. :confused:

Not to dispute your word kala, I just hadn't heard! ;)

(And Florry.. that man is gorgeous. Always loved him! You did an amazing/awesome job on the icon!!! I would have had to use more than a towel!!!!)

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

This episode could go either way. It could be something fresh, and I do like a bit of fantasy. Or, as I fear, it could be very silly.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What, afraid of an injection with a heavy pen? :lol:

Nope, we can't build our ideas on the promos, we can build them on the fact TPTB opted for a Ghost Whisperer episode on CSI show :rolleyes:

I have a feeling....I do not trust TPTB and the show :guffaw:

God, did you really have to do that? :lol:

Hmmm next time I'll make one of Mark :thumbsup:. Thank you :D