Episode 7x25 "Seeing Red" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I honestly think they should have (in addition to having Eric missing), left us worrying about Yelina's fate as well. I just think that adding that would have been much more interesting (and I like Eric). Or maybe possibly having Kyle in danger (from someone... everyone would assume it was from Ron I'm sure).
Me too. I mean while last year we had a dead H at the airport w/ airplanes flying & no one seeing him for at least an hour & dark Ryan w/ that "it's done" sms on his iPhone, I really thought they were going to keep the mistery also for Yelina, so that people we don't enjoy E/C could have had the possibility to be thrilled for Yelina.

Really, if you don't care for Eric, what are you going to be thrilled about for next season? :shifty:

This could be a real good cliffhanger. She jumps in the middle of the lab pushs the button or whatever to activate the bomb and then you see in fast cuts in turn the shocked and fearful faces of all lab members and then the screen is black... to be continued :shifty:

Probably the answer of that would be simpler as simple:
- The bomb couldn't detonate because the woman has interchanged the contuctors. But that would be lame.
- They could disarm her and Super-H could deactivate the bomb in the last second.
Nah, some lab rat has to die & one of our CSIs must be seriously injured, possibely w/o stupid stuff like the bullet in the barin, b/c in that case I'd prefer to see the CSI dying than walking w/ a bullet in his head :rolleyes:

We can always have an epiosde ending w/ this explosion & the camera zooming on one hand, which is moving & then stop....this hand doesn't move :shifty: so yeah we would know someone had just died, but we can't say who the person is.
TPTB, this is a real cliffhanger, not a person missing in the Everglades w/ no body :rolleyes:

Last year's cliffhanger wasn't really about H, because everybody knew he's gonna live. It was about Ryan, if he turned dark or not. So, where was the trill for the people who don't like Ryan? You know, someone said that we should have cliffhanger with more people... If the finale was Ryan centric episode and the cliffhanger was about Ryan and we had an additional cliffhanger about Eric, Ryan fans wouldn't be very happy. I took Ryan as an example, because he has a big fan base. Now, I'm okay with everyone expressing their opinion, but if you don't like Eric, at least admit that you don't like the cliffhanger because it's about Eric, not because it's 'lame'.

Someone also said that we should have episodes with separate story lines, one for Ryan, one for EC, one for Horatio... I must say that I totally disagree. That way, you just make one episode interesting for some people and completely boring for everyone else.

By the way, when I said that Ryan had plenty of screen time, I wasn't referring to his story line, I was talking about the screen time while working on a case. I think we all agree that Natalia had almost no screen time during this season (personally I think it had something to do with personal life). However, Ryan had fair share of it. Sometimes, while reading these threads, I feel that the only way to satisfy Ryan fans (some of them) and non EC fans is to have the whole episode about Ryan and Ryan only and to break EC up. Well, let me tell you something, I would be really, really happy if Calleigh was in every scene of every episode, but I don't have the urge to complain if it's not like that.

Okay, now, I'm sorry about the rant, but I had the need to say something, because I'm honestly sick and tired of people complaining all the time. I respect everybody's opinion, but some people just keep complaining about the same things in every single post.

Florry86 said:
Nah, some lab rat has to die & one of our CSIs must be seriously injured, possibely w/o stupid stuff like the bullet in the barin, b/c in that case I'd prefer to see the CSI dying than walking w/ a bullet in his head :rolleyes:

We can always have an epiosde ending w/ this explosion & the camera zooming on one hand, which is moving & then stop....this hand doesn't move :shifty: so yeah we would know someone had just died, but we can't say who the person is.
TPTB, this is a real cliffhanger, not a person missing in the Everglades w/ no body :rolleyes:
It's would be very interesting, but in season primier hand start moving and we see who is hurt, but not dead ;)

Marija_Magdalena said:
Last year's cliffhanger wasn't really about H, because everybody knew he's gonna live. It was about Ryan, if he turned dark or not. So, where was the trill for the people who don't like Ryan? You know, someone said that we should have cliffhanger with more people... If the finale was Ryan centric episode and the cliffhanger was about Ryan and we had an additional cliffhanger about Eric, Ryan fans wouldn't be very happy. I took Ryan as an example, because he has a big fan base. Now, I'm okay with everyone expressing their opinion, but if you don't like Eric, at least admit that you don't like the cliffhanger because it's about Eric, not because it's 'lame'.

I disagree, personally i didn't know. I had friend who crazy about H\DC, one day she was sure that H is alive, next day someone post gossips that DC have argue with produsers and she start scared again that he didn't alive. Personally i was sure that he alive, but i didn't know what exactly happened, he was hurt? It was just a show for bad guys? Even if i read spoilers i still was worry about him, cuz didn't knew what exactly happened. IMO, season 6 cliffy was mostly about H and a little about Ryan. I don't agree that it was Ryan cliffy. Still, this cliffy included two people. Season 7 cliffy only Eric, that's why it's boring, cuz for people who don't care about him, doesn't care what happen with him. And why Eric's missing is different from H fake kill? You know that H alive, cuz nothing can kill him. But we all know that Eric didn't die, cuz AR have contract on next season, so he is alive. What difference?

Marija_Magdalena said:
Someone also said that we should have episodes with separate story lines, one for Ryan, one for EC, one for Horatio... I must say that I totally disagree. That way, you just make one episode interesting for some people and completely boring for everyone else.

I said that. I mean if tptb focus on one character, give him\her big storyline, which happen one, two times per season, lets focus on it and don't push other storyline in our face.

Marija_Magdalena said:
I feel that the only way to satisfy Ryan fans (some of them) and non EC fans is to have the whole episode about Ryan and Ryan only and to break EC up.

I would be very, very happy fan if it's happen, you forget wrote more Natalia&Frank screentime and team dynamic, and interesting cases ;)

Last year's cliffhanger wasn't really about H, because everybody knew he's gonna live. It was about Ryan, if he turned dark or not. So, where was the trill for the people who don't like Ryan?
Well let's say that even if you didn't like Ryan, at least you could think "did he really help the bad guys to kill H?" OFC, we all knew that H wasn't going to die also b/c we already knew that David Caruso signed his contract. Still some poeple didn't even know that H was coming back, look my mother told me to tell her what was going to happen next knwoing that she couldn't wait another year w/o knowing whether H was a alive or no.
So yeah the cliffhanger was also about Ryan being dark or not.
Still it remained thrilling & please bear in mind that Ryan wasn't grown on me yet.
So you could even imagine how my idea on Ryan was once we found out that he, probably, was involved in H's murder.

As for Eric, I have to say that I'm really tired of very close minded people who think we always complain on some storylines b/c of Eric :scream:.
I've never judged anyone for liking Eric, so please stop judging us just b/c we don't enjoy him anymore!

And if you found offensive my post about him walking w/ a bullet in his head, well let me just say that I'll never regret what I said b/c, whether it is Eric or Calleigh or Ryan, it is just idiot that on the CSI:Franchise we have a person working in the lab w/ a bullet in his/her head!So yeah I'd prefer to see someone dying than going through the same things Eric has gone through.

You know that I'm a very open minded person & if you read my posts on other threads, even the ones against E/C, you would know that I don't hate Eric Delko, I just find some aspects of the new Delko a little bit too odd. But then again, I don't have to explain myself to people who will always say that I hate him, w/o having the curtesty of knwowing the person who they're talking to :shifty:

For god's sake he's not god & we're not just talking about him. We were referring to the cliffhanger which was just lame exactly for the same reason as the cliffhanger w/ H.
We all know that Adam Rodriguez just renewed his contract. So why make his character disappear once anyone knows that he's not going to make it, no matter what the storyline is?

Look, we don't even know if Emily Procter renewed her contract (the same one as Adam had), but still we're here wondering where the hell is a character, who, we perfectly know that is coming back w/ no serious injuries instead of wondering on more realistic things. :rolleyes:
Seriously I wouldn't stop laughing during the premeiere, if it came out Calleigh was going to leave the show, but we all have been waiting for Delko, perfectly knwoing that he was coming back b/c Adam just confirmed he's not going to leave the show, to return b/c of a very lame cliffhanger.

Not to mention that the you could immediatly sense Eric was going to miss since when you watched the promo. Is that a cliffhanger? Last year, did they show H there in the middle of the ariport lying on the ground bleeding? Did they show Ryan's face & did they show the (in)famous "it's done text?" NO!
In this promo they showed that Eric Delko was going to miss, no matter whether Calleigh shot at him or not, Eric Delko was going to miss!
So, yeah I was expecting another kind of cliffhanger b/c, as far as I know, cliffhangers should be all about something really surprising, something you would never expect.
So yeah I wouldn't have expected the lab to explode in this episode & yeah it would have been a cliffhanger, no matter whether we like it or not.
You can't call this cliffhanger.

And I won't even talk about the disappearence of the guy w/ no body left there in the Everglades :rolleyes: b/c it is really like "Resurrection" when they didn't find Ron's body.
And I said all I had to about this "cliffhanger" ;)

You know, someone said that we should have cliffhanger with more people
Again the word "explosion" comes to my mind or even shooting in the middle of the lab.

Again, you're repeating the same mistake as before.
Do you really want me to show you that hate Delko even if I'm not complaining on him? I'm going to satisfy you :p....here's what I think about the season finale:
this episode was Eric's centric & yeah the cliffhanger was all about Eric missing. But, then again, it would have been exactly the same w/ a centric Ryan's episode & cliffhanger, same thing w/ Calleigh & anyone else of the team.
Next time do not come here telling us that once we have a Ryan's centric episode & we'll have the cliffhanger about other people from the lab, we all will be ready to complain. 'Cause, really, you don't even have the slightest idea of what we're talking about ;)

Sometimes, while reading these threads, I feel that the only way to satisfy Ryan fans (some of them) and non EC fans is to have the whole episode about Ryan and Ryan only and to break EC up. Well, let me tell you something, I would be really, really happy if Calleigh was in every scene of every episode, but I don't have the urge to complain if it's not like that.
Again, I do think you don't know what you're talking about & the people you are referring to b/c, trust me, if you read some threads which may sound horrible to all of you E/C fans, you would be surprised to read some stuff there & yeah it was written by horrible people like us ;)

As for Caleligh's example, I will never stop saying that as much she was my fav. character ever, I wouldn't mind at all to see her in just a couple of scenes in one episode. It already happened & I didn't dare to complain about it b/c, then again, it should be a team show ;)

Okay, now, I'm sorry about the rant, but I had the need to say something, because I'm honestly sick and tired of people complaining all the time. I respect everybody's opinion, but some people just keep complaining about the same things in every single post.
And I'm really sick & tired of reading this kind of posts always from the same people. Guess that in some thread we won't ever be able to have some really respectful discussion b/c yeah I feel that lot of people feel the urgue to debate, not matter what the topic is about.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but as many people had the chance to see, there are some very respectful threads even about some heateds topic like oh yeah E/C w/ people who have, at least, the curtesy of trying to understand why some other people don't have the same opinions they have.
I don't want to sound rude & I don't want to include in this discussion people who may don't like what is happening here, but I have been discussing w/ luvcsimiami (strong hiphugger)for days about some aspects I didn't like & she enjoyed so much & some other aspects I loved while she hated them.

We also came to the conclusion that even if we don't agree on lots of stuff, we can at least respectfully try to understand what the other person has to say, something which, quite frankly, I can't see w/ many people who consider all uf us horrible people just b/c we complain ;)

It's called medium discussion, something we all should learn to reach ;)

Again, sorry for this rant. If you didn't like it just ignore it :p

Last edited:
Sorry if I offended anyone, but as many people had the chance to see, there are some very respectful threads even about some heateds topic like oh yeah E/C w/ people who have, at least, the curtesy of trying to understand why some other people don't have the same opinions they have.

No offense here, Flo. But then again, I pretty much agree with you more often then not. ;)

I'm sorry to see you, someone who is always so kind and respectful of others, upset.

I had a poster on another thread respond as though she couldn't respond to me directly regarding a message I'd posted in that very thread. She actually referred to me in the third person to another poster stating that in order to respond to me directly she would have to post in another thread because that is the only thread I posted in (?????? - she was reading a post by me in another thread) - a thread she wasn't comfortable going into. I had been posting in the thread this individual was on from its inception. I've also been posting in many other threads for some time now.

She is a strong shipper and I'm a strong non-shipper. I'm also a huge fan/supporter of Horatio (a realistic supporter - the guy has issues and he's messed up a lot!) - not a popular character to like. ;)

That tells me the poster was intentionally being dismissive of me, or they honestly hadn't read everything I'd said and they were just picking out one post they wanted to respond to. That's not getting the whole picture regarding my opinion on the topic when you obviously haven't read everything I've written before passing judgment on my position.

I don't want to sound rude & I don't want to include in this discussion people who may don't like what is happening here, but I have been discussing w/ luvcsimiami (strong hiphugger)for days about some aspects I didn't like & she enjoyed so much & some other aspects I loved while she hated them.

I don't know if it's possible for you to be rude, hon. I think we have a lot of times when people are too busy or simply don't take the time to read all of the posts of the individuals involved before passing judgment on those involved in the conversation.

I've been reading each and every post you and luvcsimiami (another amazing person who I have a tremendous amount of respect for) have written and thoroughly enjoyed them. I actually stopped participating because it was more fun to just sit back and watch the two of you go back and forth. You guys are pretty entertaining. :)

I'm in awe of both of you. Such total respect and understanding. I applaud you both for your ability to see both sides of the issue.

We also came to the conclusion that even if we don't agree on lots of stuff, we can at least respectfully try to understand what the other person has to say, something which, quite frankly, I can't see w/ many people who consider all uf us horrible people just b/c we complain ;)

It's called medium discussion, something we all should learn to reach ;)

Again, sorry for this rant. If you didn't like it just ignore it :p

No need to apologize, Flo. I've been the recepient of your understanding and patience on more than one occassion. You are one of the most welcoming people posting on these boards and I thank you for standing up for the middle-road. It reminds me to work harder to stay on that middle-road! ;)

I think it might be time for everyone - myself especially - to take a step back and a huge, deep breath, and remember it's only a tv show and these characters really aren't important to our daily lives. We all have families and real life problems that are important.

Life is too short to put this much heartache and effort into a show where the producers could truly give a crap what we think and in all probability take great pleasure in watching us go at each other. Producers love jerking fans around. It makes them feel so very powerful. :scream:

I don't know where i should post it, but i check all rating per this season:

Demo 18-49.

#701 Resurrection - 16.87
#702 Won't Get Fueled Again - 14.56
#703 And How Does That Make You Kill? - 13.62
#704 Raging Cannibal - 13.00
#705 Bombshell - 13.2
#706 Wrecking Crew - 12.67
#707 Cheating Death - 13.67
#708 Gone Baby Gone - 10:00pm - 15.12, 10:30pm - 15.66
#709 Power Trip - 10:00pm - 13,985,000, 10:30pm - 14,310,000
#710 The DeLuca Motel - 13.62
#711 Tipping Point - 10:00pm - 14,433,000, 10:30pm - 14,493,000
#712 Head Case - (#1: 10.3/17) i didn't find magic word 'million' :lol: so i don't know what exactly it means.
#713 And They're Offed - 10:00pm - 14,556,000, 10:30pm - 14,454,000
#714 Smoke Gets In Your CSIs - 15.99
#715 Presumed Guilty - 13.67
#716 Sink or Swim - 13.31
#717 Divorce Party - 14.12
#718 Flight Risk - 13.35
#719 Target Specific - 13.46
#720 Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing - 13.36
#721 Chip/Tuck - 13.33
#722 Dead on Arrival - 13.88
#723 Collateral Damage - 10:00pm - 13.46, 10:30pm - 13.97
#724 Dissolved - 13.37
#725 Seeing Red - 10:00pm - 14.06, 10:30pm - 13.98

Here Talk csi find their ratings information.

So, rating from eps which focusing on detective work is upper, then personal drama (Ryan, Eric, Calleigh, EC).

Ok, so what I have to say first is:
Let's just read others opinion, and whatever we like it or not, let's just respect it, everyone has the right to express their opinion, we all have different ones. I am not talking to anyone is special, it's just what I feel and what I try to do, I know it's hard - it's hard for me sometimes ;)

So, guys, let's just cool it :cool:

I kinda agree with some things that Marija_Magdalena and others things with Florry, I don't think this cliffy was lame, but that's b/c I'm a E/C fan, and I totally understand why the non E/C fans didn't like it, I can't give a example, b/c I love all the characters :p
About Eric and the finale, we can know that he won't die or something, but, I'm still wondering where is he or is he ok, is he injuried, you know? About last year, I knew that H didn't die but I was wondering if Ryan really turned bad...
But, again, I guess people like or not the cliffys depending on people«s interests :)

Orla,yes really.I think Horatio had more scenes then anyone in the season finale so IMO he had a big participation.JMHO of course.It's perfectly fine to think otherwise.

I am surprised to hear that not only we like cliffhangers ,we want for other characters as well.I personally hate them and prefer an exciting case but this is very interesting indeed.For what it seems the writers are doing the right thing giving us one.Considering how much we talk about E/C ,I would probably write it about them If I were TPTB.Very interesting points.

Orla,yes really.I think Horatio had more scenes then anyone in the season finale so IMO he had a big participation.JMHO of course.It's perfectly fine to think otherwise.

I am surprised to hear that not only we like cliffhangers ,we want for other characters as well.I personally hate them and prefer an exciting case but this is very interesting indeed.For what it seems the writers are doing the right thing giving us one.Considering how much we talk about E/C ,I would probably write it about them If I were TPTB.Very interesting points.
I didn't notice, i saw more EC drama, then H saving Yelina, JMHO)))
guilty, i like cliffy cuz it makes me so exciting about next season and when you actually watch season premier it's much more pleasure, cuz after all worries you finally find truth. So, no exciting summer this time.

Many thanks to those who have gotten everyone back on track, though there's something I need to point out and it's not directed at any one person in particular because it's also for future reference.

First of all, let's please not tell people where they can and cannot post and what they can and cannot post. If you see what looks to be a problem, notify a moderator and we'll look it over.

Secondly, in a heated discussion, it's best to remember: Respond to post, not poster. Let's not make it personal. ;)

Much appreciated!

And I think this needs to be reiterated:

Delynn said:
take a step back and a huge, deep breath, and remember it's only a tv show and these characters really aren't important to our daily lives. We all have families and real life problems that are important.

:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the topic at hand, I didn't mind the cliffhanger but I feel that this show seems to fall short with them. For example, the 'Criminal Minds' cliffhanger this season was exciting and I totally wasn't expecting it -- I'm really worried about the fate of one of the characters! I feel Miami does better when they end on a high note, like 'Innocent' or 'Body Count', for example as those are the two that immediately come to mind.

However, even though I didn't see the promos/extended scenes for CSI:Miami's finale (and I understand that the last scene was in one or more of those), I wasn't really surprised and I'm not all that worried about Eric's fate. Having said that, despite that AR may have renewed his contract, a lot of interesting developments could come from Delko being missing. Maybe he's not in the first few episodes, maybe he comes back but is secretly involved in criminal activities, maybe he's not taking his medication and the bullet wound comes back into play or maybe we'll have a really interesting 'try to find Eric' case as the premiere.

So while the cliffhanger maybe wasn't as surprising or exciting for some as TPTB may have intended it, (whether folks come online/saw the promos or not) the premiere might lend itself to a much more substantial storyline by using the cliffhanger as a starting point. At least I'm hoping. :lol: I'm definitely going to tune into next season either way.

Thanks for the ratings review, Orla_Dark! It's nice to see that the show brought in pretty steady ratings all year. I'd like to see the show pull in some more numbers next season but I'm totally not disappointed in the numbers for season 7. :) Really interesting to see the episodes that pulled in the most ratings.

Last edited:
So while the cliffhanger maybe wasn't as surprising or exciting for some as TPTB may have intended it, (whether they come online/saw the promos or not) the premiere might lend itself to a much more substantial storyline by using the cliffhanger as a starting point. At least I'm hoping. :lol:
That's what I'm hoping for too. As long as it manages to roll into something else for a change then I welcome his "disappearance". For right now, I'm just a little like mmk whatever. :p

Thanks for the ratings list, Orla. :)

Speedcochrane,that is exactly my point about the cliffhanger.But then criminal minds is not the kind of show that you have Super H or those caricature villains.

Thanks for the ratings,Orla.I am glad that CSI Miami has good ratings and is the CSI show that does better in the 18-45 category becouse This are tough times for television.Resurrection and Smoke get into your CSI were the best rated which is consistent to what I believed.

Does anyone know where I can find similar ratings for other shows?I am really curious about Vegas.

Last edited:
First of all I wanted to apologize to everyone & I truely hope it won't happen again.

Having said this, I just wanted to add this:
Delynn said:
take a step back and a huge, deep breath, and remember it's only a tv show and these characters really aren't important to our daily lives. We all have families and real life problems that are important.
You couldn't say anything better. I guess RL is getting the way it shouldn't be in these days *ahem* & I tend to rant a little bit too much & again, I apologize for this ;)

Who knows me probably understood the reason why I had yeah to vent while some others will never understand it. Still I shouldn't have done it & I promise you that next time I'll take deeeeeep breathes & I won't do it again ;)

Orla_Dark thank you so much for posting the ratings. So, except for "Smoke Gets into Your CSIs"(the winner of the season :eek: , OFC not considering the premiere.....btw give us another intubated Calleigh & you'll be sure you'll always have great ratings TPTB :lol:) I don't see those great ratings for the personal storylines.
Anyway they're still good results also considering that it was s7, I mean after 7 seasons I thought people would start to get bored :p

So while the cliffhanger maybe wasn't as surprising or exciting for some as TPTB may have intended it, (whether folks come online/saw the promos or not) the premiere might lend itself to a much more substantial storyline by using the cliffhanger as a starting point. At least I'm hoping. :lol: I'm definitely going to tune into next season either way.
Yeah me too. I mean I really want to know wether Delko helped his father or not & if he did it, whether his father turns out to be the bad guy he looks or it turns out that he's a very good person :shifty:
Still, I think they should get us a very good storylines also b/c they just made Calleigh cry for it ;)

Does anyone know where I can find similar ratings for other shows?I am really curious about Vegas.

I think there is a ratings thread in the Vegas section. :)

As for the Miami cliffhanger, I wouldn't call it lame, but more like predictable because as already stated, the promo pretty much gave it away. So, I knew what was going to happen. I was hoping there would be a secondary cliffhanger (with Yelina perhaps) in addition to Delko missing, but that didn't happen. I guess I just really didn't understand the reason for Yelina even being in the episode if she wasn't involved in a cliffhanger. So, I expected there to be a Yelina related cliffhanger.

However, I do agree with speed_cochrane that many other storylines can come from Eric's MIA status. What those may be, I guess will remain a mystery until next season. :)

On the comment about the S6 Finale above, although a lot of fans knew H was not dead, I never saw so much excitement on fan board threads as I did after the airing of the S6 Finale. On one fan board for 3 weeks solid, fans from all over the map kept posting and asking is "H dead". After the S7 Finale, although I've seen some discussions about C/E, I'm just not seeing the excitement among fans in general like I did last year.

Overwhelmingly, if you watched the S7 episodes, you can't deny that most of the attention per episode was on C/E. When "And They're Offed" #7.13 aired, I thought finally we'll get a CSI Ryan focused epi, but a good bit of that episode was focused back on C/E. It was not until "Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing" #7.20 aired, did I feel the writers actually gave us a more Ryan focused epi. Note, I'm not a big Ryan fan either, but I was just glad we had something new that was not just C/E focused or even on the wacky Julia.

I watched S3 reruns on A&E last night: "Lost Son", "Pro Per", and "Under the Influence" and "WOW"... it was like fresh air. There was team unity, screen equity among the cast, great storytelling, direction, and editing... and I just wish TPTB would take a step back and mesh some of that format back into future S8 episodes.

With Eric Missing do you think there would be potential for a cross-over S8 opener? Earlier in the year, DC stated he spoke with Fishbourne and there was a possibility for a Miami/Vegas cross-over. I just know, if this was the case... I would be more excited about the S8 opener.:cool:

Back