Episode 7x25 "Seeing Red" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 16, 2009.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Next time she will have to cry for Ryan & we're all don :lol:. Please give her a cliffhanger so that finally someone else could cry for EP, otherwise she'll come to a point when she'll have no tears left for anyone :p

You're not crazy, at all :lol:.
    As I said this must be my best summer since I'll enjoy lot of time w/ my friends w/o worrying about a character on the show I used to love most. Seriously, what should we be worried about, considering that Eric will be perfectly alive & no risk of dying since AR has just renewed his contract.

At least las summer, you could think that Ryan may had turned into a bad guy, thank god he didn't do it.

As for the enemies, it's time for a crazy woman to jump in the middle of the lab & put a bomb in it, so that we could have a real cliffhanger.
    And, yeah, I'd like the idea of a female stalker for Ryan :devil:

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Last year the cliffy was about Ryan so his fans had the "I'm so excited to finally find out the truth" moment at the beginning of the season. This year the cliffy is about Eric and his fans will have the "I'm so excited to finally find out the truth" moment at the beginning of the season. There are some fans who will be more excited this year than last year as there are fans who were more excited last year than this year. One isn't worst than the other. It's just perceived different, because there are fans who enjoy one over the other. As there are fans who like them both and those who like neither. I think it's all about taste and that it doesn't make one cliffy worst or more lame than the other.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Pardon me for butting here. I agree that it all depends on who you like & all, but imo it's lame for the simple fact that this is the 3rd CSI "gone missing" in a year. We had Calleigh kidnapped near the ass-end of last year, Ryan taken & beaten just a while back, & now we have Eric "missing". Oh, & let's not forget we were all just on the edge of our seats wondering H's fate last premier :rolleyes: (no offence Red, I love ya, I do)
    It just seems to be alot of the same-ol-same-ol. Not to mention that we've already been there & back again with Eric facing tragedies, so at this point - again just my opinion - it just feels sorta forced & a little too made up.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You see I actually agree that they shouldn't have done a "CSI goes missing again" cliffhanger. You're right in that it's been done and it's redundant. I just wanted to express my point of view because I perceived that the reason that some were posting that the cliffy was boring was because it had to do with Eric and not because it was something that was done before. That's why I wanted to express that just because it had to do with a particular character it did not make it lame because there are fans who do enjoy the character. This fans will be anticipating the season premier to know what happened just like there were fans who anticipated season seven's premier because they wanted to know what was going on with Ryan.

The one thing I do like about this season's finale is that it makes you question what exactly happened to Eric and there are quite a few theories on what could've gone down. Last year's it was pretty much a given that H was not dead and since I'm not exactly a Ryan fan I was not left wondering what would be of him. I just pretty much concluded he was coming back and he would be helping H and that there was no way they were going to make him a bad guy. I'm not saying one is better than the other but just that there are different ways to look at it.

Anyway, I do agree that there shouldn't have been a missing CSI but just because they finale focused on a particular character in my opinion doesn't make it lame. But I guess we could go back and forth in this because it all just boils down to a matter of opinion anyway ;).

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  5. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Great shot! (well not for Calleigh as it looks) I agree with you. I never thought she critically hit him. I do believe he was shot, but probably in the shoulder. He probably lost control of the car because he coudn't steer correctly. Sharova really didn't have that much blood on him (if it was Eric's blood). BTW, is that just a shadow on his shoulder or is it blood? (Just under his collar)

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  6. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I wrote that this cliffy is boring cuz it's involve one character! Last year it was about Ryan and Horatio, and many version who shot Horatio. This time it's just Eric missing, probably because of Russians, that's all. It's boring cuz mostly only Eric's fans will be worry.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

At the end,it depends what the producers believed that it would attract more attention to bring good ratings for the season premiere.I mean,I would probably not bother to watch if Tara would be back at her job or not but I would care about Eric fate.Even if I know he would be OK regardless.

I am actually fine with the cliches on this show .What i would like is a little more science ,forensic in an intriguing way to be part of it as well.

8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

But if cliffy include more then one character tptb would have MANY fans to worry about show and be exciting about season 8 premier. IMO, it's stupid to think that all fans love Eric (cuz it's not true) and like last summer would worry about season premier.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

The more characters included,better ratings for sure.But given that most of the season they concentrated mainly on Horatio,Calleigh and Eric (with Ryan having good screentime as well)it makes sense that the season finale was centered around them.But if they start writing good storylines for other characters,it would make sense to writea season finale for them.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I agree Orla. :)

Let's just say that if the cliffy was Eric in a club dressed as Liza Minnelli I would've been more shocked :p

11. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

I just want you to know.... YOU JUST CRACKED ME UP! I can't stop laughing! :lol::lol::lol:

12. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Really? I saw that final was focusing on EC and Eric in trouble even more than on H saving Yelina.

I'd love to see that! :guffaw:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I honestly think they should have (in addition to having Eric missing), left us worrying about Yelina's fate as well. I just think that adding that would have been much more interesting (and I like Eric). Or maybe possibly having Kyle in danger (from someone... everyone would assume it was from Ron I'm sure).

14. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

This could be a real good cliffhanger. She jumps in the middle of the lab pushs the button or whatever to activate the bomb and then you see in fast cuts in turn the shocked and fearful faces of all lab members and then the screen is black... to be continued :shifty:

Probably the answer of that would be simpler as simple:
    - The bomb couldn't detonate because the woman has interchanged the contuctors. But that would be lame.
    - They could disarm her and Super-H could deactivate the bomb in the last second.

15. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

That will be much, much better! :thumbsup: