Episode 7x25 "Seeing Red" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 16, 2009.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Totally agree w/ you. Not to mention that it's time to bring back some experiments. I mean what about Calleigh drowing some weird schemes on the blackboard or even some odd molecolar formula? Or what about our CSIs being mechanics & destroying every signle part of a car? :cardie:

Now I can only imagine Calleigh or Delko using some strange substance which is going to explode on their faces :rommie:

2. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Florry, you've been watching the show longer than I have; I tend to believe what they say and take it literally. :lol:

I got hooked on the show by watching reruns 2 years ago during the summer. I really liked the episodes such as Dead Woman Walking, Witness and Wannabe where it wasn't a lot of flash and it was more about the human element and not always the ostentatious rich. And I found it fascinating in that one episode where we learned that maggots aren't completely bad because they actually kept that one guy alive. (I can't remember the name of the ep).

Heck, I thought it was fascinating in Chip/Tuck, in a hilarious, macabre kind of way, when Kyle was helping Tara put the pieces of the chipper victim in that body outline. They had to put certain pieces in the right areas of the "body" that they came from. And it depicted how they had to do that, so they've already started to get back into the forensic stuff. I hope they do more of that next season, too.

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey all! Welcome on the pic :thumbsup:

I think if there was someone in the car, we would've seen them catch someone in the back when that scene was running in slow motion. We know Eric is bleeding and lost control of the car, but how, in fact, did he get hurt? Sharova never said he got shot, was bleeding and lost control. Just too odd that he was still sitting in the car. Eric was trying to save his father so I don't believe he would intentionally leave him behind. That either leaves him being kidnapped because he couldn't have fallen in the water, right? In the Adam thread, I just posted a pic of him with more hair up top, so I'm wondering if they're going to have him missing for a couple of days, even weeks because that's the only way the hair would grow. Poor Calleigh and the team have to search for him. I also hope he didn't run away thinking he was in trouble with the law and the only way he would be able to get away quickly was to sacrifice leaving his father behind... :( too many twists and turns :scream:

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I find that stuff fascinating too,including the maggots..I was glad it was included,that was real lab work to me.I wa surprised when it was included in the episode and hope it's something that continues.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I hope so to, Flo. That was my first thought (prayer?) when I heard him say that.

You're not wrong. David, and others associated with the show, have said something similar to that multiple times through the years. I think it's their way of trying to make us believe they are going to come up with some original, fresh stuff. It's getting harder and harder to believe them as the seasons continue to roll by with the same mediocre storylines. Although, for me, with the exception of of E/C (sorry shippers :() I didn't think season 7 was all that bad.

So I'm really hoping that season 8 does get back to the basics and brings the team back to where they should be - together - all of them!

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I would like to see them going back to the beginning in some ways; the whole team working and brainstorming on cases, the friendliness between ALL of the team (none of this Eric and Ryan nose to nose and Calleigh having to intervene) and some of the cases seemed more interesting. Season 7 was stressful for us Ryan fans but not too bad of a season. I totally agree with you Delynn; the goal for season 8 should be bringing the team back together as a team. If that is what DC meant, I am all for it.:thumbsup:

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Let's hope that some things go back to basics.IMO the show has improved a lot but some changes are needed.I think that the forensic part could use some help.I watched the show with suspension fo disbelief but sometimes it's too much.A lot of my friends tease me becouse I enjoy a show where a guy killed 10 mala noche men.But action is what I LOVE about this show so just needs to be more realistic.

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I personally think that is what DC meant when he said that after this season things would be more like season 1. As of the last 3 or 4 seasons the writers have gotten too pre occupied with ongoing story lines instead of focusing on the "team" aspect and the forensics. They themselves made things more complicated than they needed to be. Ya know bringing back characters 2 and three times for stories (ie Clavo and Saris) and having an ongoing storyline throughout the season (ie Mala Noche, Marisol and now the Russian Mob). This franchise has never been about that and imo the reason season 4 tanked was b/c they focused too much on, not necessarily the personal lives of the characters, but on just one aspect of the story....Mala Noche. It was too much.

In season 1 every ep was a stand alone ep, only bringing back small pieces of a forensic technique as it applied to the ongoing case. It was simple back then. I liked it and would like it if they got back to that aspect w/o it getting boring. However, I have to say that this season was one of the best overall we have had in a while. And I like the fact that TPTB decided to get "personal" with their characters. You can only go on so long w/o developing that aspect of a show and I think the little sprinklings of the personal character development (excluding Eric's family drama b/c there was a lot of that this season) we have gotten added to the overall round out of the show. So if they intend to "go back" in a sense next season, they need to find the right balance of everything and keep it simple. Which, at times, this season seemed to do. They need to expand on that move forward.

9. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

Me too! Sofia Milos is a great and beautiful actress and I love watching her portray Yelina. After seeing her involved in the H-action in this episode and the screen chemistry she can have with DC... I miss her character even more. TPTB need to bring her character back permanently and dump that "wacko, delusional Julia" chick.

10. H-COOL

H-COOL Dead on Arrival

For hiphugger fans, S7 was great. But, for non-hiphugger fans, H, Ryan, Natalia, and Frank fans, S7 next to S6 was a least favorite. Sometimes even boring. I mean the new lab rats, Benton and Travers, got more screen time than Natalia.

I just hope in S8, back to great team dynamics, forensics, H with victim and cop action, less flash, more realistic reasons for murder, less flowing-sheets on poles in a L.A. back yard as the opening set, and bring back the good writing, directing, and editing of the earlier seasons.

11. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Although Natti and Frank were jipped this season, I thought Ryan had a good although short story line. I liked him enter acting with Billy and Kyle, his confrontations with Tara, and his Russian mob stuff. Ryan was amazing getting tortured! I cried so much!

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, Natalia and Frank didn't have much screen time, but Ryan and H had plenty...

13. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Even when Ryan get his storyline tptb always remind us EC romance, i personally was disappointed, i wanna ep focus on Ryan not "*squeeee* EC" :( Tptb can show us ep focusing on EC, ep focusing on H, ep focusing on Ryan, etc. Not everything in one ep. And i agree with H-COOL, last two seasons was boring with EC storyline, cuz it become major line on the show.

My thoughts about final:

1) Love Yelina!
    2) Ryan had good screentime, love action scene and shoot-kill, love how he cheer Calleigh up (go CaRWash! :)).
    3) Scene in the lab, with H, Ryan and Frank, we should see more stuff like that.
    4) H saving Yelina! :cool:
    5) EP acting, i hate the fact she is crying because of Eric. It was necessary, but i hate it :(

What i don't like:
    1) Plot was boring.
    2) Final was mostly about EC :(
    3) Boring cliffy

Call me crazy but i prefer worry all summer about my fav characters, because when season 8 start it's would be incredible feeling "Now i find out truth!". With this cliffy, i don't care. Seriously, they can write something more exciting, including more then one character in cliffy (for me EC is one character, they even act like one character now). I was disappointed.

14. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

QUOTE=Orla_Dark;935171]3) Scene in the lab, with H, Ryan and Frank, we should see more stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I wan't to see them all around a table discussing about a case not only two or three of them. If they'll have new nemesis in season 8 (I'm sure they will.;)) it would be great to see how they all work together to catch him or her. A female enemy would be great. ;)

Me too. And she did it nearly in the same way like in Resurrection when Ryan tells her H is dead... Oh poor girl, she had to cry at the beginning of season 7 and at the end again :(. Hopefully season 8 will start better for her. :rolleyes:

Orla, you're not crazy. :lol: If something would happen to Ryan it would be a thrilling summer. ;) But Eric? It's not so exciting for me if a alligator had eaten him or not. :shifty:

15. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Great idea! Female stalker for Ryan :devil: Or just bad smart girl. We had only Sonia in season 5. Would be great meet strong smart girl who hard to catch ;) Maybe we should create thread "what we want to see in season 8"?

It's like new year, how celebrate that's how this year will be for you :lol: But it's sad, start from her tears and end with her tears :(

Me too. Dead or alive, i don't care. As i wrote, tptb should include in cliffy more then one person.

Glad i'm not only one :lol: